Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Sun, Mar-26-06, 19:23

Plan: food comb/atkins influenc
Stats: 185/161/140 Female 175cm
BF:
Progress: 53%

Perhaps we should all invest in CCN plantations
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Mon, Mar-27-06, 04:18

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%

Yesterday evening I became tired and sluggish, which was the end of day 3 taking it. However, I started my cycle so that could explain the fatigue and brain fog. Woke up this morning feeling the same way! We will see how it progresses....
  #63   ^
Old Mon, Mar-27-06, 14:04

Plan: vsg/low carb
Stats: 306/153/150 Female 5'6.5"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
I cannot believe the well being that I feel eating this product

Skeeweeaka - I have thought really hard about how to describe how i feel on this stuff and you nailed it. Well said!!

Quote:
what in the world is yeast die off?? do i need to see a doctor or should i stop taking the CO?

Chrissie05 - CO kills bad bacteria also known as candida that most people have in their gut. As it dies off it may cause tiredness, headache, fogginess etc. You can google candida die off symptons and find more. You dont need to stop but you might want to cut down a little. I did 1TBS a day for a week and then i went up to 2 and have been doing 2 for 3 mos and now i sometimes do three if i can work it in early enough so it doesnt keep me awake. Good luck with it and I continue to urge all to keep it up until you get past the die off symptons which could take weeks if not months.

Best of luck!!
  #64   ^
Old Mon, Mar-27-06, 18:06

BF:

Quote:
Yesterday evening I became tired and sluggish, which was the end of day 3 taking it. However, I started my cycle so that could explain the fatigue and brain fog. Woke up this morning feeling the same way! We will see how it progresses....

Hang in there skeeweeaka. My die off lasted 2 months!!

But now I am feeling great and I have moved 2 pounds in as many days.

Chrissie05 you might wish to look at this sight about yeast die off
or this one

My die off was so sever that i felt lethargy like i've never known before. I ended up reducing my dose of CCNO from the recommended 3 tbsp per day 1 tsp working up to 2-3tsp per day. The smaller dose seemed less dramatic and then as i felt better i worked up. Good luck. Most importantly stick with it coz it does pass.
  #65   ^
Old Mon, Mar-27-06, 18:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 151/143/115 Female 62 inches
BF:37%/33%/25%
Progress: 22%

yogama,

It DOES keep you awake?? I thought I was going crazy... I had to take (legal) drugs b/c I was up all night!
  #66   ^
Old Tue, Mar-28-06, 05:49
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 135/130/120 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress:

thanks skinnyray, my die off is pretty severe, too. went to bed a 8 o'clock last night, the same before that. wish i could stick w/it, but had to stop taking the CO. had to cancel an important appointment last night. won't be able to last for two months feeling like this. today is day two of not taking it. wonder how long it will take to get it out of my system. take care!
  #67   ^
Old Tue, Mar-28-06, 09:55

Plan: vsg/low carb
Stats: 306/153/150 Female 5'6.5"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
yogama,

It DOES keep you awake?? I thought I was going crazy... I had to take (legal) drugs b/c I was up all night!

Shreen - Now that i have gotten over the worst of the die off if i take a third tablespoon past 3 or 4pm it tends to make me restless and i have a hard time falling asleep. I think that if i were to take 3 tbs everyday i would get use to it and i dont think it would bother me anymore until i upped the dosage again. At least this is what i have noticed so far.

Quote:

SkinnyRay - Looks like there are at least 2 of us converts. Congrats on the 2lb loss!!!
  #68   ^
Old Tue, Mar-28-06, 10:18

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%

I've had more energy, but by 8:00 I'm ready to go to sleep... Also, I am now craving the stuff. Anyone else having this symptom...and I AM HUNGRIER THAN USUAL...
  #69   ^
Old Tue, Mar-28-06, 18:10

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissie05
thanks skinnyray, my die off is pretty severe, too. went to bed a 8 o'clock last night, the same before that. wish i could stick w/it, but had to stop taking the CO. had to cancel an important appointment last night. won't be able to last for two months feeling like this. today is day two of not taking it. wonder how long it will take to get it out of my system. take care!

Chrissie, it's up to you but i would so urge you to keep trying. I totally feel your pain. try just 1teaspoon 1-3 times per day and build up from there. It is so worth it. Today i woke up before my alarm full of beans.
  #70   ^
Old Tue, Mar-28-06, 18:14

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogama
SkinnyRay - Looks like there are at least 2 of us converts. Congrats on the 2lb loss!!!

Thanks yogama

I have so much energy today i can't believe it's the same person who was posting here a week ago!!!
  #71   ^
Old Tue, Mar-28-06, 18:17

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeweeaka
I've had more energy, but by 8:00 I'm ready to go to sleep... Also, I am now craving the stuff. Anyone else having this symptom...and I AM HUNGRIER THAN USUAL...

Yes, at times i felt really hungry. Eat more and choose something with fat in it. (my fav snack is blue cheese) It will fill you up and keep you going for longer. I think it is just that your metabolism is working more efficientlly. It will get better.
  #72   ^
Old Tue, Mar-28-06, 18:32

Plan: atkins
Stats: 170/170/130 Female 63 in
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyRay
Hang in there skeeweeaka. My die off lasted 2 months!!

Chrissie05 you might wish to look at this sight about yeast die off
or this one

My die off was so sever that i felt lethargy like i've never known before. I ended up reducing my dose of CCNO from the recommended 3 tbsp per day 1 tsp working up to 2-3tsp per day. The smaller dose seemed less dramatic and then as i felt better i worked up. Good luck. Most importantly stick with it coz it does pass.

Skinny Ray-- Let me preface this comment with--"I don't mean to invalidate anyone with this comment." But, you mean the 'yeast die off' thing is really legit!? There is so much 'hogwash' floating around out there-- I never now how serious to take things. I have always enjoyed incredible health and I am not a complainer but---talk about LETHARGY!! OMG--I have been DRAGGIN' for 6 weeks!! It started out with incredible sleepiness. I mean I was so tired it was all I could do to get up in the am. Just to go back to bed any time I got near it! An afternoon nap was a necessity and I was in bed for the night by 8:30! UNBELIEVABLE!! I have always been very active so this is unacceptable! I would love to 'exercise.' There is NO WAY!

I have been taking 2-3 TBS VCO daily for about a month now. I am still very tired and without energy. I have very few other symptoms but did test positive according to the "spit test."

So--where do I go from here? Will this eventually get better? What can I do to hasten improvement? I do not know how much longer I can take this!

Thank you so much in advance!!
  #73   ^
Old Tue, Mar-28-06, 18:58

BF:

Hi Sunrise

Yes it's true! There are heaps of sites on the web that go into detail. I relate to your plight coz my fatigue lasted almost 2 months. I'm not one to say I know it all and you should do this so I can only tell you what worked for me. I began to lower my dose to 1tsp 2-3 times per day and slowly took a little more each day. The biggest change which seemed to help was i got some 100% pure ogegano oil and began adding 1 but now 2 drops onto my CCNO. did this 2-3 times per day. I swish about in my mouth before i swallow it (read somewhere that it has some benefit)....... I don't take any oils after 4pm coz i makes me too energised.

To cut a long story short i am doing amazing. I just posted a thread in skeeweeaka's journal and she too has a post about having the two together. Maybe there is something in that. Keep up your water... i was up to 2-3 litres a day and another change was i began to eat more fat as i was only eating oils and cheese. I added fats like the fat on meat and chicken skin and butter and cream in my cooking. I have not only lost weight but my energy is amazing.

I recomend you try the ease into it method and see how you go.

My thoughts are: you are almost at the top of the mountain. Don't turn back now.
  #74   ^
Old Tue, Mar-28-06, 19:03

BF:

Just to add, on a previous post i asked about yeast die off and got a few interesting links.

Try this link

#75   ^
Old Tue, Mar-28-06, 22:16

Plan: atkins
Stats: 170/170/130 Female 63 in
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyRay
Hi Sunrise

Yes it's true! There are heaps of sites on the web that go into detail. I relate to your plight coz my fatigue lasted almost 2 months. I'm not one to say I know it all and you should do this so I can only tell you what worked for me. I began to lower my dose to 1tsp 2-3 times per day and slowly took a little more each day. The biggest change which seemed to help was i got some 100% pure ogegano oil and began adding 1 but now 2 drops onto my CCNO. did this 2-3 times per day. I swish about in my mouth before i swallow it (read somewhere that it has some benefit)....... I don't take any oils after 4pm coz i makes me too energised.

To cut a long story short i am doing amazing. I just posted a thread in skeeweeaka's journal and she too has a post about having the two together. Maybe there is something in that. Keep up your water... i was up to 2-3 litres a day and another change was i began to eat more fat as i was only eating oils and cheese. I added fats like the fat on meat and chicken skin and butter and cream in my cooking. I have not only lost weight but my energy is amazing.

I recomend you try the ease into it method and see how you go.

My thoughts are: you are almost at the top of the mountain. Don't turn back now.

Skinny Ray--THANKS MUCHES!! I read the threads and links. Thanks for passing them along. As I said, I don't have any of the other symptoms, just the tiredness and lethargy but for me, that is about all I can handle!!

I have been faithful about the 2-3 Tbs VCO for about 6 weeks now. Also, I drink nearly a gallon of water most days, sometimes more. I think I will take your advice and add OoO to the mix. I neeeeed the Energy Bunny to jump into my life!! (LOL--DO you know how badly I want to be 'jumping' up and down like these little guys?! Right now--it makes me tired just watching them!

Possibly, that will manage any further die-off. Hmmm, I did have dental surgery a few weeks ago and had two rounds of antibiotics as a result. Maybe that has contributed to the problem, too.

Something has got to give!!

I appreciate your help and encouragement!

S