Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Aug-01-01, 06:40

Plan: atkins
Stats: 138/126/120
BF:
Progress: 67%
Thumbs up 7lbs weight loss?

Woke up this morning weight down from 138-131 1n 3 days,I drink 64oz of water and try to stay at 20 carbs per day.I feel great just a little sleepy in the afternoon.As of this morning only 9lbs to go.Am i losing too fast,or was i retaining that much water?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Aug-01-01, 07:58
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Maureen, that's a great drop. Not unusual, but definitly more than average. Of course, there is some water weight, but not all of it. Congrats on the loss, and keep doing what you're doing.

No, wait. What are you doing?

Wa'il
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Aug-01-01, 08:46

Plan: Atkins(minus fiber)
Stats: 175/160/140
BF:
Progress: 43%

wow that's amazing maureen!! i would be on Cloud9 if that ever happened to me... i am a slow loser..after one week on the induction (unless my carbs are > 20g) i lost 1.5lb. i'm not in a rush to lose, going down is still better than going up lol.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Aug-01-01, 09:22

Plan: 6 week body makeover
Stats: 225/185/190 Male 5.8
BF:
Progress: 114%
Default Excellent

Wow good job! i think I am heading for same results. I weighed in sunday morning at 225 before starting this diet.

Now here we are on Wednesday morning and I am at 220, so thats 5 pounds in 3 days! I know I am loosing fast because all i ate before was CARBS CARBS and lots of them... When I used the carb counter I noticed I was eating like 300-400 carbs per day!!! This is a big shocker for my system and now that the hard 3-4 days are over. Its time to relax and get settled in.

I am sure u will hit your goal within 2 more weeks, maybe 3.

SO since i lost 5, I guess I only have 40 more to go!!

hugs
Shannon
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Aug-01-01, 09:31
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 137/132/122
BF:
Progress: 33%
Smile CONGRATS!

So happy for you! What an inspiration!

Keep us updated....
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Aug-01-01, 09:40

BF:
Wink

Glad to hear i'm not the only one losing weight so fast,i was a little worried,but very happy!!I was the same way Blondie28,i ate tons of carbs and beer on weekends and never drank water.So happy to have found this site,it's great to talk with others for support.GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!!
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Aug-01-01, 10:03

BF:

Hey I kinda look thin in my picture?? LOL.. man how deceiving it can be!! Dont let it fool you! I am 220 pounds!! Most people guess 180.. lol and thats my goal weight.. I am 5'9 and have a strong build at 180 I am thin. Not sickly thin... but thin enough to wear a size 14 which is good for me. I also have alot of muscle so I dont care for the toothpick i just starved myself look. I like to look healthy!
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Aug-02-01, 06:01

Plan: CAD
Stats: 71/71/62
BF:
Progress:

Blondie, you DO look thin in that picture. I never would have guessed you're 220 lbs. right now! I'm glad to hear you're planning to stay at a healthy size. I think that would really suit you. You already look great. It can't get to much better thant that I believe. If someone would tell me I look great the way I am I wouldn't believe them one second. It's always different when other people look at you I guess.
Good luck with your new WOL. Keep us all updated!

*Jen* (who could have been 'Blondie18')
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Aug-02-01, 06:01

Plan: CAD
Stats: 71/71/62
BF:
Progress:

Blondie, you DO look thin in that picture. I never would have guessed you're 220 lbs. right now! I'm glad to hear you're planning to stay at a healthy size. I think that would really suit you. You already look great. It can't get to much better thant that I believe. If someone would tell me I look great the way I am I wouldn't believe them one second. It's always different when other people look at you I guess.
Good luck with your new WOL. Keep us all updated!

*Jen* (who could have been a 'Blondie' aswell)
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Aug-02-01, 09:48

BF:

Quote:
Originally posted by JennyO.
Blondie, you DO look thin in that picture. I never would have guessed you're 220 lbs. right now!

*Jen* (who could have been a 'Blondie' aswell)

Hahaha thanks!! But you see that is exactly why I have been able to get away with it for so long...I dont look the 225 i was starting last sunday....but I feel it.. Noone ever really bothered me about my weight accept.. good ol mom.... " you could stand to loose some weight" blah blah.... but anyways I am doing this for me .. not her.. thanks for the compliments! And I weighed in this morning at 219/225 so I am gonna keep going....

PS;. I carry most of the weight on my stomach.
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Aug-02-01, 10:45
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Woke up this morning weight down from 138-131 1n 3 days,I drink 64oz of water and try to stay at 20 carbs per day.I feel great just a little sleepy in the afternoon.As of this morning only 9lbs to go.Am i losing too fast,or was i retaining that much water?

Are you taking a potassium supplement? Lethargy can sometimes be the result of potassium loss. Some people use lite-salt or take a cal/mag/K supplement.

An yep, a lot of that was water weight, but some of it wasn't!

Karen
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Aug-02-01, 11:31

BF:

Quote:
Originally posted by Karen

An yep, a lot of that was water weight, but some of it wasn't!

Karen

Hi Karen, well I weighed in at 219/225 this morning so thats 6 pounds in 4 days... I am sure most of mine was water too cause I dont really see any difference... Maybe at the 10 pound mark I will notice something, but I do feel a little smaller under my bust line, cause now my boobs droop a little more.. lol.. not as much padding there to hold them up I suppose.. hahaah.

Have a good day!

Shannon
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Aug-02-01, 12:34

BF:
Question HI KAREN

This morning up 1lb and yes i am taking supplements and i use table salt.I'm finding drinking all that water very hard,i feel bloated and don't feel like eating at all,was never a big water drinker.Do you have to drink that much?(100oz)MAUREEN