Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1936   ^
Old Thu, Sep-06-12, 06:34

Plan: DirtyCarnivore/vlc Atkins
Stats: 181.2/125.0/123 Female 65
BF:34.6%/19.7%/?
Progress: 97%

Good morning, all.

Didn't get here at all yesterday--I was preparing for our first night (of the school year) of kid's club at church. I'm the director of the K-2nd grade group, and last night we had 30 kids and 18+ adult leaders in my group. That sounds like a really good ratio, but those kids must multiply while they're there.

It took me a long time to get to sleep because my feet, ankles and knees ached. I should have gotten some Tylenol, but didn't think of it, just kept trying to fall asleep.
Sponsored Links
  #1937   ^
Old Thu, Sep-06-12, 06:58

Plan: Primal/Paleo Atkins
Stats: 197.5/126/132 Female 63
BF:19.4%
Progress: 109%

Sue -
I pray that all is well with your daughter and baby. We've missed you but I know I'd been focusing as you are if it was my daughter. ((Hugs)).
  #1938   ^
Old Thu, Sep-06-12, 06:59

Sounds like a busy evening, Amelia! You are a stronger woman than I! Kids wear me out in about 5 minutes.
  #1939   ^
Old Thu, Sep-06-12, 07:06

We're going to check out a different health club today. This one is located in a complex belonging to Johns Hopkins Univ., so as an retiree/alum I can get a discounted rate for DH & I. Plus it is a bit closer to home.

We joined the club we attend now with a Groupon at an extremely low rate but that will be up in October. We may well join at their senior rate but I dislike the rules attached to it (you can't use the gym on weekends, mornings b/f 10, evenings after 5, etc.)

And I am determined to finish a painting today as well.

I hope everyone has a fun & productive day!
  #1940   ^
Old Thu, Sep-06-12, 07:19
Looking 4 Onederland

Plan: Atkins '72, IF
Stats: 284.5/200/170 Female 5' 5"
BF:Why yes it is! ;)
Progress: 74%

Oh Jan, can we see a picture of your painting when you are done? I love your work.

Quick fly-by to say good morning.
  #1941   ^
Old Thu, Sep-06-12, 08:09

Plan: Mostly Fung/IDM
Stats: 165/138.4/135 Female 63
BF:???/better/???
Progress: 89%

Good morning everyone! And a special good morning to Sue - thanks for dropping in and I wish you and your daughter all the best in her late stages. I'm sure it is a huge relief for her to have you around.

The new gym sounds promising, Jan. I hope it works out for you.

Another busy day dyeing fabric yesterday - today will be my catchup day, a little laundry, a little reading, another gym visit, and then this evening I'll start prepping for another dye day tomorrow.

I am really noticing a difference in my hunger level (much lower!) as I try to increase from 90 g to a more consistent 110-115. I think this is a good thing for me right now - I've tried it before and it seemed like too much protein - may be a case of "I'll see it when I believe it". So be it.

Have a good day, everyone.
  #1942   ^
Old Thu, Sep-06-12, 08:25

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 189/142/135 Female 66 inches
BF:hmmmm?
Progress: 87%

Good morning, everyone,

Well ,I fell short of 30 gms of protein for each meal yesterday. This is not easy….. Breakfast was 32 gms; lunch, 43 gms; dinner, 28. I am so stuffed, the thought of more protein is absolutely out of the question – not even 2 more gms. Although my protein was high enough, it was not spread evenly. My TCs were 31 gms and kcals 1821. Guess I’ll have to keep practicing.

Good luck, Bren, with your cardiac workup. I will have the same thing next Tuesday, and I’m not looking forward to no coffee!!!

Hi Serea. Thanks for the encouragement (even though it was for Bren) regarding the cardiac stuff. I’m not having any problems, but I had an abnormal EKG.

Hi Sue. Nice to see you here. I wish the best for your daughter.

I hope you finish that painting today, JanJ.

Hi Becky.

Liz, I’m having a hard time eating 90 gms of protein. I can’t imagine 110-115. I hope you catch up today. I procrastinated all day yesterday about straightening up my bathroom cabinets; so the task still awaits.

Have a wonderful day, everyone.
  #1943   ^
Old Thu, Sep-06-12, 08:37
50 lbs. by Christmas

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/192/170 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 56%

Thanks for the well wishes. I was able to stay awake for the 2 hour commute - crazy drivers kept me alert ;-)

Just finished echo.

I am realizing my 50 lbs by Christmas is a huge challenge at the rate I have been losing. I probably need to add in more physical activity.
  #1944   ^
Old Thu, Sep-06-12, 08:51

Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

All of my tests came out fine...however I still am not feeling so great in some respects....most days when I go for a walk, I get very out of breath, very quickly...my tests showed that I had a mild heart attack (probably when I had the blood clots in my lungs) but that there was no damage and they said that my heart is very healthy. I am also told that my lungs are fine. It is still a mystery ailment.

Sue....thinking positive for your daughter and the baby...the care now is so great....take care of yourself too.
  #1945   ^
Old Thu, Sep-06-12, 09:14

Stats: 236/160/130 Female 64
BF:
Progress:

Hey everybody! Finally some internet service.

In South Dakota. What a beautiful state!! Have seen many things: Crazy Horse, badlands, some beautiful drives and of course, Mt. Rushmore. Gave me such a surge of patriotism! Pictures are nice but to see it in person almost made me cry. What an accomplishment. How awe inspiring!

Many small towns that make me long for a simpler style of life. I could get into just rocking on the porch and talking about life, the people you see, enjoying the weather....

Had no idea that SD was so beautiful! The mountains, rolling hills, rock formations are amazing! Have met many people, many Europeans, and all very nice. Crowds are small. That's one good thing, out of many, that makes it so enjoyable.

Not even close to catching up! Hope all are doing well. Sure there are some losers, so, congrats!

This has been a wonderful trip. Never want to go home. I could stay on the road forever!

Will be heading back to Nevada on Saturday. Going through Montana on the way. Not sure I will be able to post again, so a big "HI" to everyone.
  #1946   ^
Old Thu, Sep-06-12, 09:32

Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Sounds like we do not need to wish you to have a great time....but, I will anyhow.......Have a great time !!!
  #1947   ^
Old Thu, Sep-06-12, 09:58

Plan: Mostly Fung/IDM
Stats: 165/138.4/135 Female 63
BF:???/better/???
Progress: 89%

I agree, Sherri, it's not that easy pushing up protein. It tends to be self limiting as Layman (and others) say. I find I'm right at 28-32 for meals, and now I'm adding a protein shake on the days I lift weights (like today) - drinking half before, half after working out. I'm hitting about 1500 calories, with ~35 grams carbs (and I'm trying to push those up to 40-50 as well). I like the idea of changing proportions from time to time to shake things up. I seem to be losing, so until that changes, I'll keep shifting things around.

That's scary discovering that you had a heart attack, Serea. My dad had the same thing - a series of small attacks that he was unaware of (of course, men I think tend to dismiss things).

Bambi, your road trip sounds like what the doctor ordered. I love Montana, have not spent much time in western SD, but it sounds wonderful. Drive safely.
  #1948   ^
Old Thu, Sep-06-12, 11:53

We really liked the new club and will probably start there when our current membership is up in October. Spacewise it is smaller but has all the equipment needed and some I will have to be introduced too. I think the equipment is newer too and the locker rooms were pristine. Best of all, you get a full assessment by a trainer/exercise physiologist with a 12 page report and exercise plan geared to your goals. ...and it is $12 a month cheaper and closer to home!

Last edited by janjfree : Thu, Sep-06-12 at 13:22.
  #1949   ^
Old Thu, Sep-06-12, 11:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky7474
Oh Jan, can we see a picture of your painting when you are done? I love your work.

Quick fly-by to say good morning.

Thank you, Becky. I keep thinking that your landscape would be a wonderful inspiration for me. I seem to be drawn to water.

I'll let you know when the new paintings are complete and on the website.
  #1950   ^
Old Thu, Sep-06-12, 11:58

Bree - good luck with your workup today. And enjoy that coffee when you get it!

Wow Bambi -- your trip sounds amazing and you sound so happy and relaxed. After all the stress you've had, it must feel fabulous!
Closed Thread