Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#106   ^
Old Sat, Feb-13-10, 15:39

Plan: Atkins 220.5lbs Jan 2007
Stats: 250/220.5/150 Female 5'5"
BF:?/?/25%
Progress: 30%

seems like a lot of us are sick, headachy, crampy, etc... HUGS!!!! Here's to feeling 100% again, we're well on our way!
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Sat, Feb-13-10, 16:33

Plan: vlc
Stats: 272/272/152 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:let me look, yep
Progress: 0%

Wow, I am glad to see you all, was worried about everyone...Does seem like everyone is a little under the weather and the cravings hit us all this week...Hope everyone feels great tomorrow for Valentines day and has a great day....Tomorrow is a new day as far as being on track, so dont look in the rear view mirror and see backwards, just keep on looking forward...I have not been hungry today so just had some sausage patties but have been VERY thirsty and am drinking water like crazy. I cut some chicken breast into strips and am going to fry them later in some butter and olive oil. I called around to the next biggest city and found a market that has pork belly and am going to get that tomorrow while my husband is working. It was nice to finally see him last night after not seeing him for almost 2 weeks due to him being gone at work...We will see one another until Tues. then gone again..Yuck..Well enough rambling, I hope you all feel better soon and are healthy...luv to all...Stacy
  #108   ^
Old Sat, Feb-13-10, 17:19
Sugar is poison.

Plan: VLC/HF
Stats: 211/128/135 Female 66 inches
BF:More than I'd like
Progress: 109%

Hope everybody feels better soon!

Hubby is somewhat under the weather, but I'm feeling great - I started on bioidentical hormones a little over two weeks ago and the results have been even better so far than I had hoped for! I hate taking prescription drugs (or OTC for that matter), but it was definitely time for these.

So I'm trying to get out of the clutches of the evil veggies that have been calling my name lately We stopped in at a Price Chopper when we were in Kansas City last Sunday and I found big beautiful heads of cauliflower for .99 and big gorgeous bunches of broccoli for .99 and I just could not resist. Steamed the broccoli with butter, then added cream cheese, more butter, sharp cheddar, salt & pepper. Made a huge batch of the mock twice baked potatoes from Linda Sue's website with the cauli. Now the broccoli is gone and the cauli will be gone by tonight, thank goodness.

Other than that I've been right on track with my eating. Not losing a thing, and retaining water, but I'm okay with that while my hormones line themselves up!

Hugs to all,
Cynthia
  #109   ^
Old Sat, Feb-13-10, 21:11

Glad that your feeling great and things are getting on track for you moondaught...Hope hubby feels better soon...Hope you waved hello to me when you were up in my neck of the woods in kc..lol..I just had some yummy chicken strips fried in butter and olive oil for dinner...Have a wonderful Valentines Day...Stacy
  #110   ^
Old Sat, Feb-13-10, 22:10

Plan: zero carb
Stats: 168/110/115 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:

I have been lc to vlc to zc in the past 7 years or so. February is always one of my hardest months...so hang in there, it is also the shortest!
  #111   ^
Old Sun, Feb-14-10, 07:37
Sugar is poison.

Plan: VLC/HF
Stats: 211/128/135 Female 66 inches
BF:More than I'd like

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsmom
Glad that your feeling great and things are getting on track for you moondaught...Hope hubby feels better soon...Hope you waved hello to me when you were up in my neck of the woods in kc..lol..I just had some yummy chicken strips fried in butter and olive oil for dinner...Have a wonderful Valentines Day...Stacy

Stacy - I always wave at you when we're up there! Twice a week now <sigh>. It's getting harder and harder to take care of them with the 2+ hour distance between us, but we're determined to help keep them living in their own home as long as we possibly can.

Happy Valentine's Day, everybody! Let's give *ourselves* a Valentine and stay on plan today!

Hugs,
Cynthia
  #112   ^
Old Sun, Feb-14-10, 08:02

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 282/266.2/174 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 15%

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! I am fighting a bad cold/allergies. My nose is running so bad! All I want to do is blow my nose and sleep. I am still eating though....which shows you that I am still a "big girl" in my brain. I can be deathly sick and I don't miss meals! Did everyone go look at my newest picture? I am wearing my size 20 jeans! Whoooo hoooo! I started out in a size 26/28 two years ago.
  #113   ^
Old Sun, Feb-14-10, 10:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazLaJauna
Happy Valentine's Day everyone! I am fighting a bad cold/allergies. My nose is running so bad! All I want to do is blow my nose and sleep. I am still eating though....which shows you that I am still a "big girl" in my brain. I can be deathly sick and I don't miss meals! Did everyone go look at my newest picture? I am wearing my size 20 jeans! Whoooo hoooo! I started out in a size 26/28 two years ago.

Good to see you gf, I was worried about you when I had not seen you posts for a few days...Sorry to hear that your not feeling well, will be praying that your better soon,,,Happy valentines Day to you also...Wooohooooo on your new pic and your new jean size, you go girl, that is SO exciting, i am so proud of you, keep it up that is awesome.... ....Have a wonderful day and I am so glad that your back...
  #114   ^
Old Sun, Feb-14-10, 10:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by moondaught
Stacy - I always wave at you when we're up there! Twice a week now <sigh>. It's getting harder and harder to take care of them with the 2+ hour distance between us, but we're determined to help keep them living in their own home as long as we possibly can.

Happy Valentine's Day, everybody! Let's give *ourselves* a Valentine and stay on plan today!

Hugs,
Cynthia

I know exactly what you mean about that being hard for you all, and you will be in my thoughts...We did that for our grandparents and took care of them in their home until they took their last breath, even when we had to have them in a hospital bed and had to have my parents and us 3 girls take shifts around the clock to care for them..But they wanted it that way and we would do anything for them to have it that way...They are so LUCKY and BLESSED to have you doing that for them, and you truly know the meaning of human compassion....Hope you have an extra special Valentines day,,,,I bought some special steaks for tonight and that will be my meal for today..
  #115   ^
Old Sun, Feb-14-10, 10:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanneyea
I have been lc to vlc to zc in the past 7 years or so. February is always one of my hardest months...so hang in there, it is also the shortest!

Thank goodness, it is the shortest, i LOVE that part..I think it has been the hardest for me because all the valentines goodies and already here the Easter goodies are out..Thanks for the encouragement gf..Have a great day..... ...Stacy
  #116   ^
Old Sun, Feb-14-10, 11:34
Registered Member

Plan: ZERO CARB
Stats: 167/145/120 Female 64
BF:25
Progress: 47%

Happy Valentines Day
  #117   ^
Old Sun, Feb-14-10, 15:21

Everyone is welcome to come on over to Missouri, I have some beef jerky in the dehydrator right now....some black peppered and some extra spicy....yummmmmmmmm
  #118   ^
Old Sun, Feb-14-10, 15:44

Plan: zero carb
Stats: 168/110/115 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:

hey Cynthia,
I just had to move my elderly father in with my family this past summer, he could no longer live alone. In fact, I just gave him a shower and he is in the chair next to me sleeping.
Caring for my father has been one of the greatest joys of my life, aside from my son. He did so much for me and I can finally do something for him.
I was worried about it at first, but it has worked perfectly.
  #119   ^
Old Sun, Feb-14-10, 18:32

Plan: Atkins 72
Stats: 129/129/112 Female 5'2
BF:

Stacy

I fried chicken tenders (diced up first ) in olive oil and butter. After cooling I add mayo. (approx. 3 tbsp. for 5-6 diced up tenders) and a good sprinkle of fennel seed, this made the most delicious chicken salad ever, OMG! I chilled it in the frig for about an hour before eating, I think it's even better cold than served hot from the skillet. I'm going to try celery or seseme seed next time.

Hope everyone is enjoying this LC journey!!!

Best wishes
JoAnn
  #120   ^
Old Sun, Feb-14-10, 19:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnn.Fit
Stacy

I fried chicken tenders (diced up first ) in olive oil and butter. After cooling I add mayo. (approx. 3 tbsp. for 5-6 diced up tenders) and a good sprinkle of fennel seed, this made the most delicious chicken salad ever, OMG! I chilled it in the frig for about an hour before eating, I think it's even better cold than served hot from the skillet. I'm going to try celery or seseme seed next time.

Hope everyone is enjoying this LC journey!!!

Best wishes
JoAnn

That sounds good JoAnn,, ,,I took your advice and fried up some tenders in butter and olive oil and sprinkled with mrs dash extra spicy seasonings,,,they came out crispy just like fried chicken...they were soooo good... ..your new recipe sounds good...going to start week 3 of meat/egg only tomorrow so will have to try your recipe later, not quite ready to add any mayo or anything yet...We just finished up some new york strips for dinner and they were fatty and buttery and oh so yummy..I am stuffed...hope you had a great day...
Closed Thread