Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#166   ^
Old Tue, Nov-08-16, 11:14

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Well I voted last week as did my DH, DDs, who all went to vote early on their own. DH and I are very involved in helping all friends and employees get registered to vote and getting them to the poles if need be.
Sponsored Links
  #167   ^
Old Tue, Nov-08-16, 17:59

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Charms- You are welcome any time with open arms- however please don't get snarky- there is not place for that- we are all looking for a way. Everybody gets there differently PERIOD.

Leeann- thanks for your coffee recipe- I MAY MAY try cream in my coffee- Dairy though....... dear- we all know I can't handle that. Ehhhwwwww .....HYST
I use MOW- all the time for my little folks they love it!

Trig- OMG- dear- thank good your hubby passed whatever. He might have had a ...... who knows- they can't handle pain. I don't know why all the super hero's in movies are men- crap- let them give birth just once........ OMG I miss the HYST emogi
Serious- glad he is ok now!!!!!!

Blue- was wanted to shoot the breeze nothing important. Just love older wisdom- other than my mother.
Oh my- I have turned on my entire office almost to those coconut aminos you turned me on to!!! Awesome!!!

MEME- one word- Grace- we are all different- I get you are a long timer here- but tuck your wings GF- not all of those have the long time you obviously have. We all have a right to express how we feel and that doesn't make us wrong.

All-
Work was busy- thrown into full blown sink or swim.
I liked it though.

I really felt part of the team. Made hamburger LC soup that I am sharing with some peers tomorrow. Very tired- somewhat stressed- but some down time and sleep. Just feeling outa sorts- still bleeding on and off- going on 30 days now- not heavy- just noticeable- figuring a hyster maybe next year at this time- or might do the summer and recover by the pool!!!!!

I guess I have little tolerance for intolerance- sorry- actually I'm not. People need to pull together and stop - just stop. Love supersedes all
  #168   ^
Old Tue, Nov-08-16, 18:47

BF:

Ok just want to apologize if I have offended anyone myself. I am just so tired of people judging others- for any and everything. I am just over it BIG time.

let the first with no problems cast the first stone! So yes I too may have come across with tude- but it's just tired of crap. People need to go back to the place that just because we hide behind a screen that it's a go to say anything. We are real people with real feelings.

Or people talk at offices, bullies at schools, you name it. Our society feels the need to criticize woman for being too fat, to thin, too short, too lanky, to old, you name it. Even our country one nation under God is so divided- as neighbors.

Can you tell I am tired grumpy, and in a mood. I know it's not my fight- it should all roll off like a duck-- like some people- but then sometimes it just gets to me.

Why is there so much discord? I would have made such a great hippie........
  #169   ^
Old Tue, Nov-08-16, 20:38

Plan: ZC (started w/Atkins)
Stats: 164/132.8/124 Female 5x2"
BF:27%
Progress: 78%

Ok if I sounded "snarky" I am very sorry...that was not my intention. I was (I thought) defending what I took as a put down to why I left this thread...& I explained why I left...again...& what I have to deal with food wise in my home...which btw is a daily challenge in itself! I face that truth all the time & it is not easy, which is why I need structure here on this forum!

I like everyone on this thread very much & I love reading about all your lives, I just didn't like reading about the joys of eating what I consider off plan. It made/makes me second guess my own plan & I do not need that at this stage in my woe!

I am truly sorry & I really do hope that each & everyone of you have great success with LC Your way!

God Bless!
Charms
  #170   ^
Old Tue, Nov-08-16, 22:14

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Charms---you are always welcome back here, any old time. From what I know of you, I liked you, and I really identify w/how much you give to your mom.

BUT, I am a bit confused. I thought I heard loud and clear from you that you were not comfortable w/hearing about people's treat nights, that it made you feel less confident in your choices. Which, I SO GET. AND, I wished you well on a better thread for you.

And in fact, I was happy for you to go to where your instincts led you to be the best place for you.

So, I thought you were off to a better for you more stringent support thread. But then, I find you back here, worried that someone here said hey, well, this IS LOW CARB OUR WAY. That poster was correct. It is.

I'm sorry you took this personally, although no one here called you out on that or meant anything against you.

Charms, it just is here what it is. Nothing against you intended by anyone, except that maybe you didn't understand that we weren't all going to do our LC woes your way.

But make no mistake about it, this thread is CLEARLY LABELED. I really DO wish you luck on a thread that is better for you, while at the same time, I welcome you to chime in here, any old time. I mean that sincerely.

In our short time together, all I can say is, I like you and would have enjoyed getting to know you better. But you told us, "Our Way" wasn't working for you. No offense taken, but we did take you at your word.

So, have to be honest. Please don't cast aspersions on others here who do stand up for what this thread is about. Please, don't feel a victim of that, as it is so not personal to you.

Charms, DO visit here, and maybe even some day, you'll find this is somewhere you belong full time, if not now. Things change on a LC woe, and many of us here have been thru it and are humbled by how much they do change between losing the weight and maintaing the weight.

Seriously, the welcome matt is always out for you, and I hope you will continue to add in, WITH an understanding of who we are.
  #171   ^
Old Wed, Nov-09-16, 05:09

BF:

Charms- please see your PM- you are welcome-

I stayed up way to late- only to fall asleep on the couch and still didn't find out who won until this morning. - they should let everybody go to sleep then announce say 7 am !!!!!! All of America will be dragging this morning due to lack of sleep. or maybe they should move it to a Friday! HAHAHAHAHAH

I am taking hamburger in today to share with co workers.

Dropped a pound- to my low- ok- time for me to again push past that invisible barrier.

I am on plan- no bloat- low as I can get- I want my body back. Fat has hijacked it!

ok all- lets put the grumbling (thread) behind so we can focus on what is important- Why we are here.
LOW CARB- OUR WAY- MY WAY- YOUR WAY- TOGETHER lets git it done!
  #172   ^
Old Wed, Nov-09-16, 07:21

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi all,

Feeling tender and sad today, with the weather matching my mood- dark, rainy, chilly. I know a better day will dawn tomorrow but for today it will be a warm heated throw blanket, hot spiced coffee, a hot bath, and nurturing of my heart and soul.

Weight 137.0, stayed the same from yesterday.

Hugs to all and Jaz, congrats on hitting your low again. Keep going!
  #173   ^
Old Wed, Nov-09-16, 07:34
Registered Member

Plan: CALP
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Hi ladies! I'm happy to have found my way here! Good to see everyone, and I'm looking forward to getting caught up. Y'all have been busy!
  #174   ^
Old Wed, Nov-09-16, 08:49

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alene1
Hi ladies! I'm happy to have found my way here! Good to see everyone, and I'm looking forward to getting caught up. Y'all have been busy!

Hi Girlfriend! So glad to see you here. Welcome!!
  #175   ^
Old Wed, Nov-09-16, 14:39

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Hello my LC friends!!!

I'm back! I got home from my sister's about Noon today. I've done a few loads of laundry and changed the bed. That will be all I get done today. I'm exhausted!

Back to LC today, but won't weigh in until Monday. I need a few good days under my belt before I face the music. I'm going to try to get to boot camp tomorrow morning....I hope I survive.

I had such a good time catching up with my friends. We laughed and talked and ate and drank....all the fun things friends do. It was so nice being together in a condo where we could sit around in our PJ's and just chill. We stayed in and cooked for a couple meals so we didn't have to dress up. The days went too fast and the weather was phenomenal! We were so lucky.

I've been trying to keep up with the forum, but it was quite hard on my phone. I hope everyone is well.

I will try to be a more active member now that I'm back to my routine...whatever that is! Now to get down to the business of being retired!

Hugs!
  #176   ^
Old Wed, Nov-09-16, 14:45

BF:

Lori, your trip sounds magnificent. I am so glad.
  #177   ^
Old Wed, Nov-09-16, 17:16

BF:

Alene- glad you found us- jump in!

Leeann- GF ya know- the thing I go back to is the fact we live in the most wonderful country in the world. People in office come and go- But we the people get to put into office our voice- for better or worse. And then in 4 years- if it isn't working, we get another shot. Sometimes the one we one gets it- and sometimes not, and sometimes it's the better of 2 evils.

We just pick up- get up and do what we can do for those in our circles to be the best to those we come across and love. We can make a difference there.

The world in general in a very scary place - regardless of who is in the white house. We live in times talked about- we just need to be ok where we are- and teach our kids and grandchildren what matters to us.

Ok- off my soapbox.

Blue- I agree with your last post. We are what we are. Everybody is different. I sure as heck wish I could eat like you. I have dairy envy -. glad things are flowing wonderful for you. You found your sweet spot!!!!

Trig- hubby back- kiddo off Friday- you should be in full momma swing. Personal question for all the internet to see.... HYST HYST....... When did your period stop????? Did you take any supplements for that?

Lori - ok gal pal- you vacay sounded wonderful- OK BACK to WORK!!!!! lolololololol hehehehe- update when you can-

Meme- hope you were not offended with my response to you. It was not personal. I would be interested in your WOE and what has worked for you.

All-
OMG- it was a morgue at work- my co-workers were sobbing at their desk. People were standing around the TV in the break room watching the concession speech- at least 30 people- dead silence. I have never seen anything like this. My thoughts will remain just that- my thoughts. But honestly I have in 50 years never seen an election like this one- I have not been proud the way it went with all the bashing during the process. The campaign got dirty both ways. We have the most freedom of any other country and to that I am a proud American.

I took hamburger soup into work to share- they loved it. I have a pork roast to put in the crock pot tomorrow. I would like to have cole slaw with that.
Again- I had 2 bowls of soup for dinner- only needed !

Tomorrow the office is doing a lunch out- I need to scoop the menu prior!
I talked about invisible barriers this morning regarding my inability to PUSH though my frekin 6 pounds- to get to 1 under.

Does anyone else have invisible barriers?

Nite to one and all GAL PALS

Last edited by Jaz66 : Wed, Nov-09-16 at 17:26.
  #178   ^
Old Wed, Nov-09-16, 18:46

BF:

Jaz- If you thought it was bad in Atlanta, you can only imagine what it was like near the Nation's Capitol. I claim no allegiance to either party or candidate, but I find the current situation nightmarish. I hope he does a decent job and that he does not set this country back decades in a myriad of areas. Enough said; what's done is done.

Glad everyone liked the soup! Maybe you will end up getting most of your office on board. How many people do you work with?

Invisible barriers- Hmm, I don't know. The one that comes to mind most readily is having a steady program of exercise. I really stink at that. Otherwise, I actually feel like I am in a pretty solid place right now, mentally and physically with the WOE.

Eats today:
Apple spice coffee, bacon, full fat fage greek yogurt.
Rotisserie chicken breast w SF bbq sauce, pumpkin fluff, 1 artichoke with butter, 2 squares chocorite bar.
  #179   ^
Old Thu, Nov-10-16, 04:57

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori you had me laughing about getting home and getting down to the business of retirement Glad you had a great trip!

HI ALENE, glad you found us!! We are chatting away as usual, just jump in!

Nicco I am not worried. Election is over and the people spoke loud and clear. Others will see that all control is not lost, it won't be. Alot of checks and balances out there to make sure nothing is so off the charts. The country needs alot of change in my eyes but we all shall see where this is going.

Jaz, invisible barriers? I think we have tons of them in life. ALL things we learned from our childhood and more. I am sure I got alot of them LOL

HI ALL
nothing major
picking up mom this morning, giving Bro a break, she is staying til monday or so.
Will have to do Dr for arm. Have no idea what is happening. I am just praying it isn't neck related like last time! Will have to start the step for seeing what is happening, and I despise it SO much I am not a doctor/appt type person LOL, anything I have to 'go to' just ticks me off, I like each of my days free from any and all! But at some point ya gotta go LOL

I bought these super duper thin cut Tbones. Hubby laughed at them, he said those are NOT Tbones, but I said they are 'portion control' for me I figured there would be, like, no taste cause they are so thin but I fried one up and YUM YUM. Just enough without being too little or too big. I will stock freezer with more of them.

We are fighting some kind of crud here. Not sickly really, just cloggy in the head. No one is bad but no one feels great, energy kinda low. AND COLD outside, omg I was shocked at around 4/5 it was SO cold outside I thought, omg, I will not be able to stand winter at all. I so hate the cold weather, honestly I am not looking forward to winter at all. heaven help me to get thru it! I am a hot weather gal, this is gonna be a long cold time coming!

off to get moving, everyone have a good day
  #180   ^
Old Thu, Nov-10-16, 05:10

BF:

Good Morning Ladies

I don't have much to add from yesterday. Still hovering at low- up .5 due in part I think to TOM again. I don't think it will be a full course. I have been on off for the last 30 days- just when I feel it's over it starts again.

I got the name of a good gyno I want to see in Jan. And I have an appt. with a new PCP- next week. However if it gets outta control- I am not opposed to walking into the ER and have the sucker taken out either. I am keeping track - to show the doctor.

I am wondering if that is my stall- my hormones HAVE to be off the chain. YA know it's funny- when we were young we were taught "the facts of life". But NOBODY talks about the TRANSITION of life for a woman. No we suffer in silence.

One of my co- workers recommended a book that was written on this subject by Deb McGraw- (Dr. Phil's wife) I guess she had issues. So I am going to call the Library or just get it from amazon.

I work in a 4 story office building- in our office there are about 100 people- but they are in different divisions. My little corner of the office has about 30- people in my division in the healthcare part.
My area I sit in has a huge beautiful window thankfully. Because it is somewhat on a hill I can see for miles trees and hills. It's very pretty. Thankfully I am not chained to a desk. I do get up often. I have walked a few times around the block with my co- workers at lunch.

ok- on plan today. Putting pork in the crock pot- . It's so much better to cook- than to eat out. People are shocked with the amount of cooking I do just for me- being single. I think it's vital to make friends with your kitchen!!

ok all- have a wonderful day
Closed Thread