Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#151   ^
Old Wed, Nov-09-05, 16:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/226/155 Female 5 Foot 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

I enjoyed last night's show as usual.

Thought it was so nice of Suzy to cut Matt's hair and what a big difference the hair cut made.Suzy did a great job on his hair.

I don't blame Shannon for being upset with trainer Bob when he didn't take her foot injory seriously.When that was happening I was wondering if they ever consult with Dr Jeff since he is right there amongst them.Seems to me that he would be a very compassionate doctor with a great bedside manner.Was great to see how far Shannon went with the jumping challenge.

I really thought that Andrea would be the one to leave and not Shannon.Shannon looked really good in her followup.Hope her sister did well following Shannon's lead after she got back home.

Sure hope Matt's 12 pound weight gain doesn't back fire on him.Sure looked like he was enjoying all of the food and not much movement.

Nancy
Sponsored Links
  #152   ^
Old Wed, Nov-16-05, 10:26
Bound for Onederland

Stats: 239/188/199 Female 5 ft 7 in
BF:lil' bit, ok lots
Progress: 127%

Nobody has anything to say yet???
  #153   ^
Old Wed, Nov-16-05, 12:08
Bound for Onederland

OK, here's my 2 cents:

Challenge: Props to Andrea! She was really focused! That was awesome that she was so calm and totally ignored everybody else. Matt was an arse! That was really nasty that he was bouncing like that and trying to screw everybody up. He gave up any way. IMHO me he really doesn’t have a winning attitude. I love the necklace that Andrea got from her DH and how he told her it was for eternal love. My DH is more like DuH and would say something like, “this is for you it has a circle on it and it’s sparkly”.

Temptation: Boring. I can’t even recall what the prize was.

Weigh in: I don’t know what that big baby did to lose 26 pounds but it was amazing. That’s like week one numbers! I guess his strategy paid off but what will happen next week. {{{Insert suspense music here}}}. I guess we all knew that Jeff couldn’t keep the numbers up (er, down). But losing 103 pounds is so so great!

Elimination: I was really hoping for Andrea to get voted off but I guess the thinking was that if Jeff only lost 3 this week then he will most likely have a greater loss next week and therefore would put people other than himself below the yellow line. Matt made a great toast before giving Jeff the boot. I agree with everything he said.

Jeff’s homecoming: Daddy’s Home! How cool was that! His 4 girls running up to him and the big party for him were so heartfelt. I loved every minute of it.

Diet Rite follow up: Jeff looked so cute and happy. I really cannot get over how much younger he looked. (Not as dramatic as Pete). It is so cool to see how DEVOTED Jeff and his wife are to each other. It is a level above and I have the feeling that that the devotion was just as strong before he lost 130 pounds!

I’m getting to the point where I cannot stand the suspense of it all. I would pay money to know who wins it all right now. I confess I have even tried to Google it and gone to pages 28 – 100 of the search replies to find the winner in some obscure blog or bootleg website. I guess knowing who wins ahead of time would be like opening all your Christmas gifts on Dec 20th. SOMEBODY out there KNOWS!!!!

I flipped through the Prevention Magazine at the super market line last week and I wasn’t impressed enough to buy the issue with the Shannon, Suzy and Andre on the cover. I guess that’s enough for this week.
  #154   ^
Old Sun, Nov-20-05, 19:09
Bound for Onederland

Hello? Anybody home?
  #155   ^
Old Mon, Nov-21-05, 10:17
Registered Member

Stats: 335/185/155 Female 5'8"
BF:37%/35%/34.4%/31%
Progress: 83%

Hey there!
Sorry, I have been away. I have been facing some pretty big challenges these past couple of weeks, both financially, weight wise, but mostly with my daughter. She had double ear infections a fever and some vomiting; and then some unknown pain in her leg that was making it hard for her to walk at all on one leg. So we went to the clinic a few times, the emergency room a couple of times... the wrong medicine was given to her at first, so that wasted 3 days and she was out of school for a week. I was out of work for a few days and sleep deprived etc... So anyhow, I am sorry that I have not been as involved as I wanted to be lately. But here we are in the last couple of weeks! Thanks for putting an update on last week. I will watch tomorrow and post and then for the finale, now that things have calmed down here some. I can only say one thing... I hope that the magic matt had with that 26 pound loss will work with me because boy did I blow up a little over the past couple weeks! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Well... I hope all of you are doing well!
  #156   ^
Old Tue, Nov-22-05, 23:26
Registered Member

That was a GREAT SHOW! It is so amazing to see how far everyone has come. Seth looks great! Suzie is just adorable and Matt is turning into a stud!

OK, for the show... I really thought that challenge was unfair. I mean, you would have to be one of the slowest to have won it in the first place, I thought Matt should have been rewarded for racing up there with all of that weight

Here are the stats:

Andrea 176/173/3 1.7% Loss
Seth 211/204/7 3.32% Loss
Suzie 166/161/5 3.01% Loss
Matt 240/230/10 4.17% Loss

Andrea and Suzy were below the Yellow line. I was actually very happy that Matt made it to the end because of all he has gone through and how hard he has worked, although I was a little worried if he would pull at least 7 after that 26 pound loss last week. PHEW!

I was scared though... In the end Andrea was voted off. Congrats to all of her hard work, but I was glad because I kind of thought the other three deserved to be there more, so I am happy that the men chose based on that this time

Right at the end, I thought we would get to see the reactions of their families, but it would not be the Biggest Loser if it did not cut off at the most dramatic moment

I cannot wait for next weeks show!!!

Hope you all are well!
  #157   ^
Old Tue, Nov-22-05, 23:56
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 380/352/200 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%

Tonights show was Great they all look sooo good! and i even cried! i can't even imagin next week!..well hopefully i will be a big loser too!!!
  #158   ^
Old Wed, Nov-23-05, 09:30
Bound for Onederland

Hey there Lowcarboli, I'm glad to hear your daughter is on the mend. Ear infections-OUCH. My youngest had tubes put in when he was just 9 mo old. Poor thing. He is doing great now at 18 mo.

My 3 yr old son says, "mommy is watching the number show". He remembers the numbers on the Big Scale. That little guy would not go to bed last night!

I thought the challenge was sneaky but when i found out that it did not offer immunity then i didn't care. You could totally tell that Matt was pissed. He clearly has the most athletic ability of the group and he would have won almost $2,000!

The wrestling match- Not my cup of tea. Yeah for Matt he got to get all sweaty and roll around on the floor with a high school bud. What is it with boys and wrestling??!!! My 2 kids do all the time!!

Weigh in- I was surprised that Matt lost another 10 after losing 26 last week. I feel sorry for Andrea that she loses slower than the rest. Suzy looks great!! And I think Seth looks really good, too.

Elimination- I was so so happy that the guys did not vote off Suzy!!! She is my favorite!!!! I miss her glasses! They were her signature but she had her reasons for letting go of them. Bye Bye Andrea

I loved the life- sized cut outs of the 3 players that were left! Suzy has completely lost the belly!! Seth looks completely different and Matt doesn't look so mean any more. I loved how Bob said that Suzy took his breath away. I think Bob is very genuine. (Wonder why he has all those tatoos?)

They didn't show the Diet rite transformation on the show so I went online and watched video of Andrea now. She went on to lose another 13 pounds and now weighs 160. Looks great and happy.

I CANNOT wait until next weeks show to see everybody again!!! I wonder what that one guy, Nick, will look like. Remember when they showed him in the diet rite update and he didn't lose anymore weight?? ONLY 6 more days!!!!
  #159   ^
Old Tue, Nov-29-05, 18:57

Plan: Bariatric Surgery/S.Beach
Stats: 280/143/145 Female 5ft 3 inches
BF:way/2/much
Progress: 101%

Hi Everyone, Sorry I missed last week. I had a really bad week. Blood tests last Monday (everything is ok) then Monday nite I got very, very sick FLU. Back to the doc on Tues afternoon. Canceled Thanksgiving dinner on Thurs.
Most important I'm better now. Just a bit of cold, and sound like a frog when I talk.

I missed last weeks show. But I'm ready for this weeks.
  #160   ^
Old Wed, Nov-30-05, 00:22
Registered Member

That show was great! It's so funny because I feel like I am a kid that is about to open a present or something. I get all giddy and excited! This really was a great season!

Stats

Ruben 278/197/81/29.14%
Kathryn 217/201/16/7.37%
Ryan 225/147/78/34.67%
Suzanne 229/142/87/37.99%
Jen 267/176/91/34.08%
PETE 401/216/185/46.13%
Mark 358/193/165/46.09%
Shannon 257/149/108/42.02%
Jeff 370/217/153/41.39%
Andrea 220/145/75/34.09%

Pete took home the $100,000 I was so happy about this. I just had a feeling when I saw his Diet Rite update the first time that he would win this. He doesn't even look like the same person. He looks wonderful.

Also, Andrea, Suzanne, Ryan and Shannon look GREAT!
It's too bad that Kathryn did not lose any more, but it is better to maintain what you have lost then to gain, I am sure that is why whats-his-face did not come back. Oh, yah...the waste of Biggest Loser space...

Seth 291/168/123/42.27%
Suzy 227/132/95/42.27%
MATT 339/182/157/46.31%

Matt takes home $250,000! I wasnt sure... Seth looked pretty great as well..But Suzy, cute little adorable Suzy looks beyond beautiful! "What's that? You wanna see my butt again!" I love it!

It is great that they all get to leave with money! Seth gets $50,000 and Suzy gets $25,000!!! I can't wait to see the January special edition!

Well... what did you all accomplish during the show?
I did not make it down to my original goal, but you know what? Thats okay I made it down to 183 pounds, and that is less than I have been since I was a child in middle school. I run miles on the treadmill and am looking forward to my 1st 5K January 1st. I have so much more energy and confidence than before and am motivated to take off my goal of the last 27 pounds!!!! Great job everyone, and thanks for stickin' with me through my less than active moments posting.

Take care!!!
  #161   ^
Old Wed, Nov-30-05, 08:42

Plan: low carb
Stats: 185/177/145 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:Too much/21%/22%
Progress: 20%

Great show last night! The all looked amazing except for Kathryn she looked the same. She had a funny look on her face because everyone else looked amazing except her. At least she showed up not like the other guy.

I really thought Seth was going to win. I was hoping for Seth or Suzy. How amazing. I am surprised that after losing so much weight they don't have skin hanging though. To lose 185 pounds (Pete) you would think he would have skin just drapping.

Seth showed his belly and he had a little hanging but he looked so HOT!

Loved this show can not wait until January!
  #162   ^
Old Tue, Dec-06-05, 12:57
Bound for Onederland

We had a rough family crisis over Thanksgiving holiday but i was able to watch the show. I LOVED IT and everybody looked SO GREAT!!! Cannot wait till more shows are on in January!!
  #163   ^
Old Wed, Dec-07-05, 08:56
Registered Member

Elizabeth,

I hope that things are better in your family...or at least you guys are able to handle/cope with the situation.

Also... You Go Girl! Just a few more pounds to onderland!
  #164   ^
Old Tue, Dec-20-05, 07:54
Bound for Onederland

I got my people magazine yesterday and there is one page about MATT and SUZY! They are dating!!! How cool is that. It has a picture of Matt giving Suzy a piggy back ride on the beach. They are both all smiles. the small ariticle says that the sparks started to fly when Suzy cut Matt's hair on the show. They hadn't spoke or seen eachother since the ranch (the rules of the show). Suzy said she looked like she was on speed for the finale show but she was so excited to see Matt again. Matt is thinking about moving to Washington state where Suzy lives to be closer to her. HOW COOL IS THAT!!
  #165   ^
Old Wed, Jan-04-06, 17:35
Registered Member

Just Reminding everyone that the Biggest Loser Special Edition begins tonight at 8pm on NBC! I hope everyone is doing well!