Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 14:27
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 175.5/164.0/150.0 Female 5'11"
BF:34%/29%/24%
Progress: 45%
Default lettuce/mushrooms..should I log them?

Alright..since I've read the Protein Power book and I know that Romaine Lettuce and Mushrooms are unlimited according to the carbohydrate "pages", I was wondering if I should log them in my FitDay daily "log"?

I'm not worried about going over the 30 carbohydrate grams at all, but I was wondering if it was necessary to log them, just the same.

Not tired like I was the first two days on Atkins...I'm thinking this is GOOD for me!!!

Spikester
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 17:02

Stats: 450/348/225 Male 72 inches
BF:UGH!

I log them, just to keep in the habit of logging ENERYTHING! , but then I remove their carb count from my "mental tally"
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 17:14
Registered Member

GREAT idea! I thought I was actually at 32 carbs at the end of the day, yesterday...but if I deduct the mushrooms and lettuce I was doing much better than I'd thought.

Thanks so much!!!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 18:45
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

hi there,

Just a note that mushrooms and lettuce are "unlimited" in the sense that you need to eat way more than what's considered to be a "normal" portion to reach the carb level. However, you should acknowledge the carb level, and not just write it off as zero Lettuce is very low, and you could have a huge salad for under 5g ECC, but it's not zero .... probably 2 or 3g. Mushrooms aren't zero either .. only the skinny little enoki mushrooms are "unlimited" for the 5g carb level, all other varieties you must account for the carbs. Be aware too, that shiitake mushrooms are quite high in carbs .. 2 mushrooms = 5g ECC. (I love shiitakes and was so upset to discover how high carbs they are )

Anyway .. just so you know that "unlimited" doesn't mean you can ignore the carbs, any more than you shouldn't ignore the carbs in eggs and cheese.

hth,

Doreen
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jul-09-03, 20:30
Registered Member

Thanks Doreen...appreciate any and all advice and information! I just want this to work without being crabby all of the time!!

Spikester
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-03, 09:20
Contributing Member

Stats: 225/210/125 Female 61
BF:40
Progress: 15%
Default Fit Day

This is a great site, I log everything just to get into the habit of recording every thing that goes into my mouth. I love the site but for some unknown reason I am not able to acces it this morning.

Have a great day and drink water.