Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View Poll Results: Have you ever ate something *illegal* while reading this site?
Yes 67 38.73%
No 106 61.27%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

#31   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 12:38
Registered Member

Plan: SBD
Stats: 168/165/118 Female 64 inches
BF:30%/29%/18%
Progress: 6%

Breakfast: powdered dunkin' donut
Lunch: 1/4 Rotiserrrie chicken w/ sweet mashed potatoe and a french roll
Dinner: BBQ Ribs and Salad
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Mon, Jun-07-04, 11:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 199/177/135 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 34%

Everybody cheats at one time or another. The important thing is to get right back in line. Don't beat yourself up just try again.
  #33   ^
Old Wed, Jun-23-04, 19:35

Stats: 154/150/115 Female 61
BF:
Progress:
Cool Cheating? Who me?

Thank goodness, I think I have found a home. I was so good for four months I didn't recognize myself. My husband was on Atkins with me, and the support was so helpful. I'm a diabetic, the diet and the nearly everyday on the treadmill made my numbers go down, but the fact that I had only lost 6 pounds lead me to quietly say screw it.

Feeling better and doing better should have been enough motivation for me to stay faithful, but it obviously was not. Even after being sick for 2 days after a 4 day binge, I cheated as soon as I felt better. Is that an addiction or what?

I have cheated for the past 3 weeks. Friday we head off for a 16 day vacation. I'm too fluffy (trying to be positive here) for most of my clothes and my new bathing suit is the result of advanced structural enginering. I only hope I'll be able to stuff myself into it by the time I get to the actual beach.

I did have an idea from something one of you said. I don't think you meant to say it, but hey you take inspiration where you can find it. Anyway. Since I know I am going to continue to cheat while on vacation, maybe if I give myself permission to eat what I want as long as I write it down in my travel journal, maybe, just maybe I'll acutally cheat a little less if I have to face the list each time I make an entry. What do you think?
  #34   ^
Old Wed, Jun-23-04, 23:19
Beautifully Chaotic

Stats: 334.5/320.0/150.0 Female 63 inches / 5ft 3in
BF:
Progress: 8%

So far, I have not cheated since starting in Mid-March.... on many diets in the past, I have cheated, but for me, cheating was always the beginning of the end as I just could not seem to stay on track once I did. My friends are even amazed that I have such resolve this time... just know for me, like any addict, once I have that first taste, it will be over...
  #35   ^
Old Thu, Jun-24-04, 06:45

Stats: 248/140/145 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 105%

Lizzy, I feel the same way, if I cheat, it's over, everything to date that I have been working towards. I refuse to sabotage any more of my efforts.
  #36   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-04, 20:54

Plan: Atkins induction
Stats: 260/240/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 17%

Quote:
Originally Posted by luddybell
i just went through a major binge... lasted a week... and chatted on here everyday... lol i guess im rebelious...

I have been on the induction for 4 weeks... lost 20 lbs. Time for my period and I totally lost it. I have been carbing it up for a week now. Can I just get back on the induction? I am so disgusted with myself. Help please!
  #37   ^
Old Fri, Jul-16-04, 12:16

Plan: South Beachish
Stats: 279.8/263.6/150 Female 5'3"
BF:Ho/Ly/Crap!
Progress: 12%

Ok...I'm a newbie...and I haven't cheated while reading this site (probably because no eating at the computer is allowed - I'm a clean freak), but I have cheated several times. And WHEW!! do I pay for it later. Does anyonelse get a swollen face if they eat a high carb food (since they've been on this WOL?). Well, at least when I have been "bad", I knock the food off my list (it's just not worth it looking like you had an air pump put in your mouth and had your face puffed up with air). EEEK!!!
  #38   ^
Old Fri, Jul-16-04, 13:58

Plan: induction
Stats: 203/202/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 2%

If you mean this big mac w/ the bread still attached, then yeah.
  #39   ^
Old Sat, Jul-17-04, 05:48

Plan: syndromeX
Stats: 231/220/150 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 14%

evansangel- I do! My hands, feet and face puff up. My opinion about it? - I think I'm allergic to whatever I cheated with....usually dairy, which is my biggest "want".
  #40   ^
Old Sun, Jul-18-04, 13:44

Plan: South Beachish
Stats: 279.8/263.6/150 Female 5'3"
BF:Ho/Ly/Crap!
Progress: 12%

Welll, at least I'm not alone Karen. I guess I'm more sensitive to the high carb stuff now or maybe I just didn't notice it before I started Low Carbing...
  #41   ^
Old Thu, Sep-02-04, 17:07

Plan: LC + Calorie Counter
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 74%

I'm a newer-bee.. but I've been lurking here for almost two years and it kinda helps me regain my motivation to come and visit the website.

I'm almost two weeks into induction and only one into a very, very clean induction but today I spazzed out. My mom was getting surgery and the whole deal with the hurricane had me so nervous and stressed. I was buying hurricane supplies and came across Breyers LC Mint Choc. Chip Ice Cream, LC Chocolate Chip Cookies and LC Chicken Noodle Soup. I ate four of those cookies, a bit of the ice cream and a packet of the soup. The only comfort I can get is from the fact that atleast it was LC.. but still. It was not induction. I don't feel bad though. I'll hop back on tomorrow. It coulda been worse.