Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Wed, May-10-17, 03:00
Wheat Kills!

Plan: VLCHF
Stats: 393/296/230 Male 72
BF:
Progress: 60%
Default Hi, I’m Don, and I have an Obesity Addiction!

“I have an Obesity Addiction!”

Greetings fellow LowCarb-ers, after stalking the site for some time, I finally have decided to commit to this community, I hope you are willing to receive me.

While I may have started my WOE on February 22nd, 2017, an emotional foundation had been in progress for some time. You see, I do not believe I could have changed my lifestyle without first changing the way I saw myself.

I am fortunate that I had the wisdom of an empathetic Veteran’s Affairs Psychiatrist. I came to him desperate for help; constantly depressed and weighing a staggering 393 pounds. While I have no health ailments other than a bit of knee pain, I knew that at 40 years of age, this might be my last chance for real change.

By working on my emotional maturity, he guided me through the devastating effects of 20 years of suffering with dysthymia…or constant low grade depression.

High Fat Low Carb(HFLC) eating is only the second phase of this continuing therapy.

I write these lines just short of 11 weeks into this WOE. While I currently weigh 347 (46 pounds lost), I know that is not the result, but more the effect of life now committed to both healing my body and emotionally forgiving the perceived failures of my past.

In short, I am losing weight, not because I’m exercising, working harder, or trying to change my self-image; I’m losing weight because my self-image has already changed, and my body is just catching up!

I have started a journal and made the first entry, I invite you to it. It is my hope that through these stories, you might see how obesity can slowly rob us of life by dominating our minds with negative thoughts. It is the goal of this journal, not to simply give the journey of me moving forward, but also detailing the complications of the past that led me down this road of addiction.

This journal will be the journal I wish I had read when I first considered myself to be “Nuclear Waste” almost 20 years ago.

My friends, Obesity is not only disease but an addiction, a slow and steady encroachment on the will of the mind, body, and soul. Obesity devours our hopes and dreams and forces us to live in a world trapped pain and exhaustion. There is no cure, only rehabilitation. We didn’t get here overnight, and we won’t reach our goals through this rehab overnight either.

But perhaps together, we might stand a fighting chance!

Please join me on the journey, I’ll be happy to help in any way I can.
Blessings,
Don
Sponsored Links