Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Dec-21-04, 12:08
Anyone?? Bueller?

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%
Default Hello Flavor, Goodbye Calories

Hello Flavor, Goodbye Calories
Tuesday December 21, 8:03 am ET New Welch's Low Cal Single-Serve Drinks Offer Great-Tasting Flavor Experience in Low-Calorie, Low-Carbohydrate Beverages

CONCORD, Mass., Dec. 21 /PRNewswire/ -- Who says low cal means low taste? Welch's announces its new low-calorie line of single-serve fruit juice drinks -- now available nationally. With a crisp, refreshingly light taste -- not typical of diet drinks -- Welch's Low Cal packs the great fruit juice flavor expected from Welch's in a convenient, low-calorie, low-carbohydrate beverage perfect for today's calorie-counting, on-the-go consumer.

Welch's Low Cal comes in four thirst-quenching flavors -- white grape raspberry, strawberry kiwi, apple cranberry and lemonade -- and is sweetened with SPLENDAŽ No Calorie Sweetener. There are only 15 calories and three grams of carbohydrates in each 10-ounce serving, making it an ideal beverage choice for consumers watching calories or sugar. "Our dietary habits are constantly changing, and Welch's is committed to providing quality products to meet the demands of today's lifestyle," says Jeff McAdams, senior product manager, Welch's Single Serve Juices. "Welch's Low Cal is the perfect beverage for those who watch what they eat, but still want great taste and variety in their beverages."

These exciting new products are available in multi-packs of six 10-ounce bottles in grocery stores, 16-ounce single-serve bottles in convenience and drug stores, and 11.5-ounce cans in vending machines. Welch's Low Cal is available regionally at major retailers including Meijer, Target, Kroger, and Publix. Welch's Low Cal also is available in 24-bottle cases at BJ's Wholesale Club. The suggested retail price for six 10-ounce multi-packs ranges from $2.79 to $2.99.

Welch's is the world's leading marketer of Concord and Niagara grape-based products, including grape juice and jelly. The company also produces a variety of other fruit-based products, including 100% juices, juice cocktails, and drinks in the following forms: single serve, bottled, refrigerated, and frozen and shelf-stable concentrates. In addition, Welch's produces a number of fruit spread products under both the Welch's and BAMA brand names. Welch's Web site can be found at http://www.welchs.com .

Welch's Single Serve Juices offer a wide variety of intense juice flavors in an assortment of packages perfect for the on-the-go consumer. Welch's Single Serve Juices come in 18 fruit variations, such as new Welch's Low Cal, exciting and refreshing flavors like Strawberry Kiwi, Ruby Red Grapefruit and White Grape Peach, as well as the traditional flavors of 100% Orange, 100% Apple, and 100% Grape Juice. Packaging sizes range from 5.5- and 11.5-ounce cans to 12-, 16-, and 24-ounce bottles, and 10- and 16-ounce plastic containers, all of which provide on-the-go consumers with convenient choices for any occasion.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/041221/cgtu012_1.html
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Dec-21-04, 12:38

Plan: Modified Paleo Atkins
Stats: 260/260/190 Male 71 inches
BF:Getting/Much/Bette
Progress: 0%

I already get the same thing from Diet Rite in White Grape, Tangerine and Red Rasberry. Really good, not too sweet and uses Splenda. Hopefully the Welch's will be just as good and more widely available.

Plane Crazy
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Dec-21-04, 13:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 310/259/180 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 39%

But 3 carbs in a drink is a waste of my carbs, I think. I rather save them for something else. What do you guys think?
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Dec-21-04, 13:57

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 256/179/160 Female 68 inches
BF:38.9/27.2/24.3
Progress: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadLady
But 3 carbs in a drink is a waste of my carbs, I think. I rather save them for something else. What do you guys think?

I'd have to agree!

Tea and water are what get me thru the day! And no artificial sweeteners in either!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Dec-21-04, 17:29
Registered Member

Plan: low low carb
Stats: 142/146/148 Male 177
BF:?/?/22%
Progress: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadLady

I have to admit I just don't enjoy drinking plain water unless I'm really thirsty, by which time I'm way overdue for some hydration anyway. As you say three carbs in a drink is a tragic. And the cost of those diet drinks always infuriates me, for what they contain. Sure packaging and handling cost money. But I'd really rather support the economy in ways that I can't do a convenient, decent job myself. I find two drops of essential ginger oil, a dash of angostura bitters, about a teaspoon of cider vinegar, and enough sucralose to do it for you in a two litre bottle of filtered tap water is totally delicious, costs less than a cent, and virtually carb free (ballpark .05g/ bottle, depending on your brand of cider vinegar). Takes about a minute to make enough for the day, and lasts unrefridgerated for two if you forget it somewhere. The actual flavouring options are infinite. And you could use citric acid. Cider vinegar just has many more benefits than citric acid. Upping the acidity of water slightly does miracles for its taste, as all soda manufacturers know well.