Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#616   ^
Old Wed, Sep-28-16, 05:43
It's Only Food!

Plan: Ketogenic / IF
Stats: 279/248/210 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 45%

Sponsored Links
  #617   ^
Old Wed, Sep-28-16, 08:58

Plan: Ketogenic Diet
Stats: 225/183/165 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 70%

Well, I am discouraged. I had what you would think would have been a week or so of optimal eating for weight loss. I was very busy, fasted longer stretches, very high fat, but lower cals, etc, etc... but my weight took a big JUMP from my previous low of 195.6. creeped all the way back up to 200.2 and now is slooooooowly and painfully going down about .2 lbs a day. So I am going to force myself to eat three meals a day and get in 1700 cals with 70 plus percent from fat. I have not eaten ANYTHING off plan, but i have been having later suppers because we have had company. Frustrating but reality. One day my cals were 800 (I only had one meal and I walked ALOT as we taking friends around) and I didn't lose squat. Guess my body is adjusting and regrouping. Currently sitting at 197.8 which only gives me a 3 lb loss for the month thus far.
  #618   ^
Old Wed, Sep-28-16, 16:15
It's Only Food!

BF:

Oh Nikki, don't be discouraged. You've been losing like a champ and sometimes the body just readjusts. Empty fat cells can store water for a time and then "whoosh" it out. I know sometimes my body doesn't register a loss for a couple of days and then voila! Of course gains slam on pretty darn quick. I don't know why that is but take heart. You're doing great. It will show up.
  #619   ^
Old Wed, Sep-28-16, 23:36

BF:

Thanks, Blue. I kept telling myself that too. My body has taught me what it likes for optimal weight loss and somehow I still have trouble believing it. I think if it loses beautifully at 1700 calories it must be even better at a higher calorie deficit, and that the fasting state must be optimal for weight loss, but in my case, it doesn't work at all. I fasted alot this past week, ate almost zero carb and my body didn't respond. Yesterday upped my cals to 1700 an a 1.2 lb drop this morning. It seems counterintuitive, but the results don't lie!
  #620   ^
Old Sat, Oct-01-16, 18:02
Real food!

Plan: Lower Carb/IF
Stats: 238/155/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

Hiya, ladies. I hope everyone is doing well! I got back from my business trip yesterday evening. It was busy and tiring, but I found time for fun, as well. And...I lost 6.4 lbs! I fasted quite a bit during the trip, although I did drink wine each evening when we went out for dinner/relaxation time. I didn't eat often, though. It's crazy how fasting can work so well for me (when I do it,) but not necessarily a good option for others, such as Nikki. Indeed, our bodies are all different, and the important thing is that we all find what works best for each of us.

I am now a smidge under 10 lbs from my original goal of 140. I have to think, though, that I may want to go a little lower. I'll see if I'm satisfied with things when I lose the next 10 lbs. If not, I will go longer.

On another note, I have some bad news. I found out that my father, who was recently diagnosed with stage 3 prostate cancer, got word after testing that his cancer has already metastasized to his lymph nodes. His only treatment option at this point is very aggressive chemo. He will try it for a few month, he states. But, he does not want to suffer through his last months alive, and I do not blame him one bit. For as much as it pains me to lose him, it pains me more to think of him suffering horribly through treatment, especially if he is getting no results. We already went through that with his sister. This is so painful. I adore my father. The thought of losing him is devastating.
  #621   ^
Old Sat, Oct-01-16, 19:23

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 189/142/135 Female 66 inches
BF:hmmmm?
Progress: 87%

Oh, Lab, I’m so sorry to read your sad news. I’m sure it is a very difficult time for you, and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your father. It has been a very difficult and stressful month for me as well, but I won’t go into that now because my problems pale in comparison.

I hope everyone else is well and happy.

Saludos
  #622   ^
Old Sat, Oct-01-16, 22:35
Real food!

Plan: Lower Carb/IF
Stats: 238/155/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

Thank you, Sherri. Means a lot. And please know that whatever else you may be going through, it's not about comparison. Your feelings, experiences and difficulties are just as valid. I hope you find yourself on the better side of those soon.
  #623   ^
Old Tue, Oct-04-16, 06:33
It's Only Food!

BF:

Mornin', Kids.

We got home last night and I'm whipped but it was a very good trip. The most remarkable thing, for me, is that I didn't gain. First time ever. In fact I lost but can't prove it. How do I know? After we got in and unpacked, we relaxed and I sipped some bourbon that ALWAYS causes me to retain water. Sure enough, I'm puffed up like a blowfish and the scale is the same as before I left, even in my puffed up state, so that means I lost something. Hey, that's solid reasoning in Blue's World. Don't give me that look.

*big sigh* I hate this for you, Lab. I know the helplessness you must be feeling and there is no easy way through it. What eases my mind is my faith. It really is the only thing we have in this world. Hugs to you.

Sherry, we CARE about you! If you can't unload here then what's the good of having this place. This is where we exchange ideas and support one another. If I were closer I'd meet you for coffee and we'd commiserate. Hey, it's for medicinal purposes! Sharing helps make room for healing.

We really did have a good trip. I did so many things and saw so many good friends and family. I haven't seen some of those friends in decades and some made a big effort to come out and meet us for dinner. Two dozen of my high school friends gathered for dinner just because we were in town, many of whom had to drive some distance to do so. I felt special! Jim's family gathered for his aunt's 80th birthday party and all of his scattered siblings were there as were their kids. Jim saw lots of his cousins, some of whom he hasn't seen in decades. It was a great catching up trip.

We saw so many things and I walked my car-ridden flat behind everywhere. I guess that's why I had good results in the scale department. This truly was a memorable trip.

I love you all and care about you just as much. If you need to unload, we're here for you.

Have a great Tuesday. I'll be back at work tomorrow. Today is a day to regroup for me.

Later 'gators.

Last edited by BlueEyes2 : Tue, Oct-04-16 at 07:53.
  #624   ^
Old Tue, Oct-04-16, 08:13
It's Only Food!

BF:

Jimmy Moore commented on Gary Taube's new book coming out in December. Thought I'd pass on a heads up for anyone interested. Should be good.

The Case Against Sugar by Gary Taubes
  #625   ^
Old Tue, Oct-04-16, 09:16

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labhrain
Hiya, ladies. I hope everyone is doing well! I got back from my business trip yesterday evening. It was busy and tiring, but I found time for fun, as well. And...I lost 6.4 lbs! I fasted quite a bit during the trip, although I did drink wine each evening when we went out for dinner/relaxation time. I didn't eat often, though. It's crazy how fasting can work so well for me (when I do it,) but not necessarily a good option for others, such as Nikki. Indeed, our bodies are all different, and the important thing is that we all find what works best for each of us.

I am now a smidge under 10 lbs from my original goal of 140. I have to think, though, that I may want to go a little lower. I'll see if I'm satisfied with things when I lose the next 10 lbs. If not, I will go longer.

On another note, I have some bad news. I found out that my father, who was recently diagnosed with stage 3 prostate cancer, got word after testing that his cancer has already metastasized to his lymph nodes. His only treatment option at this point is very aggressive chemo. He will try it for a few month, he states. But, he does not want to suffer through his last months alive, and I do not blame him one bit. For as much as it pains me to lose him, it pains me more to think of him suffering horribly through treatment, especially if he is getting no results. We already went through that with his sister. This is so painful. I adore my father. The thought of losing him is devastating.

Oh lab. I just lost my father unexpectedly in June. There is nothing so painful as having a hole ripped in your universe and the one you loved being pulled out of it, away from you. It leaves you amputated. My thoughts and prayers will be with you during this most difficult of times.
  #626   ^
Old Tue, Oct-04-16, 09:20

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyes2
What eases my mind is my faith. It really is the only thing we have in this world.

Yes. Faith brings hope and strength and peace, and yes, even joy from a sovereign place that is bigger than us.
  #627   ^
Old Tue, Oct-04-16, 09:24

BF:

Checking in. Finally managed to get my cals back up (experimenting with 1500 right now keeping my fats not above 130, protein just under 70, carbs at 5-10 percent). I have had 3 days of 1 lb losses each! Crazy. I imagine like last time I am shedding it quickly and then my body will freeze for a couple weeks to "catch up". That's okay, I am just glad it made it through that last freeze and started to see some movement again! Feeling confident about reaching and keeping 190 by the end of the month!
  #628   ^
Old Wed, Oct-05-16, 09:38
It's Only Food!

BF:

Mornin', Kids.

You're a true lab rat, Nikki and workin' it! Stair-stepping down seems to be the norm although I'd like to slide down the banister myself!

Just read a blip about losing weight and keeping it off. Apparently patience is a virtue and one I need to embrace.

This Is the Secret to Keeping Weight Off for Good

Later 'gators.
  #629   ^
Old Thu, Oct-06-16, 11:18
It's Only Food!

BF:

Afternoon, Kids.

Today is my first day of my second time doing the WB detox. Clean eating for me! I've had a lichen planus breakout and every joint in my body HURTS. I've got to get rid of the inflammation and settle down the flareup so I shall faithfully eat clean with no dairy, grains, or sugars. You heard it here.

That stupid hurricane is all the buzz right now. It should swing out to sea before getting to us. At least that's what we are counting on. I have family and friends in the path of the storm. Some have been evacuated and some have boarded up the windows and have battened down the hatches. For any of you out there, take care. We're thinking of you!

I am so pleased that I didn't gain weight on my trip that I could dance. First time EVER. E-V-E-R. The only side effect from eating out for a week+ is the flareup. This, too, shall pass.

Lab, I'm thinking of you. Just know that.

Okay, where's Lois, City, Jackz, and Sherri...how are you doing?

So that's all I've got. I'm achy, spotty, and annoyed...just like every day!

Keep the faith. It's Friday Eve!

Later 'gators.
  #630   ^
Old Fri, Oct-07-16, 09:52

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 189/142/135 Female 66 inches
BF:hmmmm?
Progress: 87%

Oh, Blue, I’m so sorry that you are another breakout of the lichen planus. These darned inflammations are the pits. I hope you get rid of it pronto.

My itchy rash is clearing up, but the prednisone makes me so edgy that I can’t stand myself. Added to that my neck decided to join in and is very painful. I saw my spine doc and he’s sending me to PT, hoping that I won’t have to have another injection in my neck. I’m waiting for the PT find a place for me in his schedule. In the meantime, I’m living on pain pills. Yuk!!! On top of that, I came down with a cold yesterday afternoon. I rarely ever catch colds, but if one is going to be miserable, it might as well be all at once. It’s time for this black cloud that has been following me to take up residence somewhere else.

Next time that I appear here, I will be of good cheer or be damned.

Good work on your loss, Nikki. When I lose, I generally gain it back the next day and then about 3 days later, it drops with maybe an extra lb. added. We are all so different.

Have a nice weekend, everybody.