Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1066   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-10, 19:40

Plan: JUDDD 4/30/2012
Stats: 154/141/135 Female 54.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 68%

Hey, welcome wilson3mn...from what I have read, a higher carb day twice a week usually works pretty well if you eat "quality" carbs. I have seen people do really well if their workouts are intense. I am so close to goal, (and it's so close to summer ), I am only doing one day a week higher carb for now. If you have any other questions or thoughts, keep us posted. Good luck to you!
Sponsored Links
  #1067   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-10, 07:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/176/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress:
Default Carb Cycling

Thanks for the encouragement. I will start with the one day a week high carbs and see how it goes.
  #1068   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-10, 11:19

Plan: The Virgin Diet
Stats: 124.2/118.6/100 Female 58.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 23%

Hi all. I spent most of yesterday reading all the threads on carb cycling. I just got my book, "The Fat Burning Diet" by Jay Robb. He does it a little different with every other day a high carb day during the week & then Saturday & Sunday different.
I haven't decided how I'm going to do it, but I started today being a high carb day since yesterday was low carb.

I just finished one week of The Fat Flush Plan & lost 6 pounds for the week. I have been on this woe several times but the low carbs make me so tired and no energy left by day 3 or 4. I really want a plan that helps me maintain yet gives me the energy that I need to get through the day.

I'll be checking in to report how things are going.

Ladibug
  #1069   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-10, 20:13

BF:

Hi Ladybug,

Let me know how it goes with the Fat Burning Diet and if it works for you, I am ever so interested to know. I am really afraid that every other day of high carb would make me gain since I am so close to goal. I see you only have about 10 pounds to lose, so if it works for you, perhaps it will work for me too. Please please please keep me posted. Thanks. I will check up in your journal also.
  #1070   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-10, 21:27

BF:

Today went well--guess we'll see how well when I step on the scales tomorrow morning.

I added one half a banana to my smoothie, and then ate two potatoes; one for lunch and the other for dinner. They were very small. I also had a small cup of yogurt, but I think I can have that on a low carb day also. I still haven't decided whether to stay high carb tomorrow, or go back to low carb. I guess I'll decided when I pack my lunch for work in the morning. :-)

Will update my journal too.

LadiBug
  #1071   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-10, 08:21

BF:

No change in my weight this morning. Guess that's a good sign, so I'm going to do another high carb day. I haven't gotten a full grasp as to what all I need to eat on a HC day, so I have to keep checking the book. For me, Yogurt would be something for HC, but it's actually not.

Will check back in later.

Ladibug
  #1072   ^
Old Fri, Apr-23-10, 08:37

BF:

My weight was up .4 lbs. this morning--that after two days of high carb meals. I must not be ramping up enough????? I am going to do LC today just to see where the weight goes. Since I know it best, I'll be doing a typical day of TFFP Phase 1 with no dairy, 2 servings of "legal" fruit, etc. I will be interesting to see if I lose much.

Ladibug
  #1073   ^
Old Thu, May-27-10, 19:46
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 231/223/170 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 13%

I am so intrigued by this WOE and love all of these threads!
  #1074   ^
Old Thu, May-27-10, 20:06
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 231/223/170 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 13%

Hi CactusRose-
I have read a lot of the info on line too and the body builder way is scary-3 days down 3 days up. I'm afraid 3 days in a row of up might be too up! I am going to give your way a try, 2 separate days in the week.
  #1075   ^
Old Thu, May-27-10, 20:25

Stats: 237.0/209.0/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 36%

Anita:

I think that you are on to something here. Sometimes our body needs a little tweeking to lose. I know that with exercise our bodies get used to the same time/activity and we have to up the intensity or change it up to see results. When I hit a stall I am going to try this too.

Thanks,
Roxanne/ringamajig
  #1076   ^
Old Thu, May-27-10, 22:33

BF:

missru and ringamajig,

welcome to the both of you, glad you joined this thread. Am looking forward to seeing how you fare.
  #1077   ^
Old Mon, Jul-19-10, 18:06
Registered Member

Stats: 140/130/125 Female 5ft 6''
BF:
Progress:

Hi all, I've been following this thread very carefully. I have what you might call a disproportionate amount of fat on my abdomen compared to the rest of my body. I've found low carb has been great for me, I've leaned right down in all areas apart from my tummy. So to see if I could try lean down in my waist/tummy area I had a go with carb cycling. This really is my last go - I've tried everything, IF, increasing/lowering/zero carbs, cutting out dairy etc etc blah blah. I've had two weeks on carb cycling, I up my carbs for one day a week, I'm too afraid to go any longer than that. Unfortunately (I don't weigh myself) but my tummy is feeling really doughy and...well fatter than normal, I feel like the weight is just piling back on. Is this normal? I've had two weeks carb cycling, too early to tell? How long should I give this before throwing in the towel? I'm terrified of piling on the poundage and then realising this isn't for me and having to start slogging away again at losing the gained weight. Life is hard enough!!
Any anecdotes, opinions would be welcome.
Thanks!
  #1078   ^
Old Mon, Jul-19-10, 19:42

BF:

bips77, I have found some interesting information on the internet regarding carb cycling and exercise and FAT loss, not necessarily weight loss. Leangains.com seems geared toward body building, but the concepts I think can be adopted to what we need when we are closer to goal. My question about your tummy is, how do your clothes fit? Also, at times when I have worked out HARD on my abs, I feeler thicker in the middle. Just a thought. I am also learning as I go, so we all feel the same as you do, not wanting to make the wrong choices. I just keep on tweaking to see what works. This is a lifelong journey after all, and I am trying to learn to maintain with normal fluctuations of LC eating. I know for a fact I cannot eat LC every single day for the rest of my life. So lets see what works and keep each other posted.
  #1079   ^
Old Mon, Jul-19-10, 21:00

Plan: Depends on the Day
Stats: 221/169.6/145 Female 5' 10"
BF:

Hey Barb, can I join in here? I am about 65 lbs over weight. Most of it is in my belly and lower. I am carb cycling (CKD), because I don't want to eat super low carb every day forever. I like the idea of mixing it up and playing with my metabolism, and if I have carb up days, I have to excercise to work it off before it can do damage.

I am carbing up only on Saturday. I have found I'm unconfortable doing it more often, it scares me to do it one day a week! I am weighing in on Fridays, I can say that I have lots 3 lbs and I started carb cycling a week ago. Hopefully, I will have more going on by Friday.

I have also worked out a game plan for Saturday. I don't want to jump in like I did last Saturday. I made it threw though and thanks to alot of excercise, I was in ketosis less that 24 hours later.

Thanks Barb for giving me the idea, it may be the best think for me
  #1080   ^
Old Mon, Jul-19-10, 23:25

Stats: 266/222/166 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 44%

I still don't get it. I have been reading about it but don't know how I should start doing it. I said something about trying it at work......got funny looks and bad comments. They think my diet is crazy anyways. Lost over 50lbs can't they see IT WORKS!!!! :doh: