Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1936   ^
Old Wed, Jun-21-17, 06:35

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Hey Ladies!

Blue- Thanks for the good read suggestion. I will get it. I really need to look more into getting my blog back up and rolling. Your book might inspire me to launch again.
Ahhhhhhhh......... the "frog story"- insidious eating. I know you get that last sentence. However I think you know yourself well enough to jump outta the water- or food frenzy before it gets you.
I know the frustration of sitting with the bounce house. 2 up/ 2 down- but nothing huge for the effort.

But- the BUT here is this...... HEALTHY! You know that LC is a healthy way of eating and living. To say you will never have any treats is crazy. We can only take one day at a time. Everytime we eat we have a choice to make a great choice for our body. That is all we can do. And when we fall off the rails- get up dust off and get back on plan.
Sorry if I'm on soap box- I mean it as encouraging. But I am right there with ya sister in feeling that no matter what I do- the scale is forever stuck.

Leeann- Love that you are going for a walk. Do your doggers walk with you? I plan on a walk today as well! Ahhhhhh.... The transition to kids becoming adults. Yup it happens in a blink it seems. But at least you still have the DS15 to go. You are so young that you can do anything when you are more "freed up" to do whatever you want. I can see you doing more volunteering ! That is just your heart.

KMOM- hey there- HOW ARE YOU???? water yesterday was terrible. 2/6- (hanging head)- sigh.... today is a better day. Like BLUE- I check my "color" of output. But right now it is pretty dark. So I need to get on it.
Not to make excuses - but I have become a water snob. I don't like the taste of tap water. I can taste all the chemicals. So I either buy spring water or fill up my container with pure water.

Lori- I totally agree about basic civility- seems gone. But I can only control self. I will continue to be true to me-which I live by the golden rule.
Glad that your nose is doing better. Hope you have a wonderful game today. I admire your passion for a sport.
---------------------------------------------
All-
So I called off work today for 2 reasons. I need to get my brakes done and my boss refused to work with me. My brakes are almost gone and I am afraid to drive, without them in good shape.
I have an appt. at 11- at a reputable shop. It could take a couple hours.

Second- my mom is in the hospital- and due to get out today. So I told her husband I would be on standby to watch the dogs- so her can go to the hospital.
She was ticked he even told me- she doesn't want me there. OK so I am not. She is being evaluated for either heart or stroke. So I will wait to hear. I don't even know what hospital she is in. So I will just wait.

Plus I just needed to get myself together- I really did not have a day to myself after spending a week with DS- and going directly into work. I am just tuckered out. I call it a mental health day - but will get stuff done I want done on my time.
I didn't even want to option to work from home- I just want time to myself.

I am down another pound- I am not going to do th happy dance until it really "sticks".
BLUE/ KMOM- I do IF too. My eating window is from 12:30- 5:30. I have a SMALL- protein 1/4 cup tuna/chicken salad - then a reasonable dinner.
I know you are the party animal you are and eat later. But you most likely, stay up later than me. I am in bed usually around 9:30- 10:00 latest. I can't sleep with food in the belly. I think it feel bad.

My body can't slow down and relax- if the gut is busy trying to "process food". But that is just me. Some people like to feel "comforted" with a little something before bed.
My Grandmother - was a tiny tiny lady. She used to have vanilla ice-cream and a cup of coffee EVERY NIGHT- then she would go to bed.
She lived into her 90's-

Ok all- need to get stuff done- walk first then brakes.
I plan to put a chicken in the oven for roasted chicken- AND ribs in the Pressure Pot- That way I will have meals for the rest of the week. NO CHEATS for me TODAY. I am feeling really good physically. Strong, flat belly, more energy than I have had in a while. More balanced, and just overall healthy.

Have a great day gals
Sponsored Links
  #1937   ^
Old Wed, Jun-21-17, 07:07

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Water Hounds
Tuesday: Jaz 2/6, Blue PASS, KMom 5/5
The board had a meeting a a PASS was granted to Blue. But for Tuesday only! Smile

We need to do this ladies. I NEED to do this. Both my cardiologist and myself think dehydration is a trigger for my A-Fib. I must drink a lot of water everyday! And my goal is very manageable. But if I don't think about it, I may not drink any extra water at all. Scary.
  #1938   ^
Old Wed, Jun-21-17, 07:12

BF:
Progress:

Will not be able to post much for the next week. My sister and brother-in-law come today. They have made it! They are only four hours away. She found hotels that have recliners. Her husband is an amazing caregiver, but sure gets worn out.

I am not going to be strict LC this week. I am afraid if I try, and fail, I may go overboard. This is my plan: Eat my O4 for breakfast, tuna with mayo on LB with 1/2 Avocado for lunch, and then make good decisions at dinner. We are mostly eating out or at my daughter's house.

I will be very maxed with all that a visit from my sister will entail, plus will have my amazing SD with me for three of those days. So on top of it all, I will be interpreting a ton. Interpreting is exhausting as it is both mental and physical. But I am used to it, and feel great joy that I can be the bridge for communication between my sis and my SD. They truly love each other.

Hang tough all you LC guys.

Blue, after my sis leaves, I am going to dive into IF. I really liked it when I did it a few days.

K-Mom 10x3
  #1939   ^
Old Wed, Jun-21-17, 07:13

BF:
Progress:

Oh...and I am planning to keep up with Water Hounds. I need your support to drink water during this week. If I am accountable, it is more likely I will do it!
  #1940   ^
Old Wed, Jun-21-17, 17:14

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi gals.

Lori---Thanx for your info on your IF plan. I know you've mentioned it before but couldn't remember the details after I spent some time reading Jason Fung, and the whys and hows of it all came into clearer focus. Still thinking on this and how I might apply.

Oh, and wanted to mention your unfortunate "Rudolf" phase. Hope that cream does the job and glad you caught it. Seems despite the redness, that maybe this is less invasive than burning or cutting it off? Don't know, but either way, seems there's going to be redness and swelling. But man, wouldn't you know it would have to be on the very end of your nose, instead of some invisible place?!?

Jaz---I got some cauli rice on your rec today. We'll see. I really like raw crunchy cauliflower as a dipper, but I really dislike cauli-mashed potatoes. Don't like the mushy texture and find the cooked cauliflower taste overwhelming. But I'm going to do a stir fry kind of thing w/the cauli rice, just like you suggested and see what I think. Looking forward to trying it out. Ya never know till you give it a chance.

Thinking of your worry over your mom and hoping for the best. So hard to be so shut out.

Nic---Thanks for your kind words.

When does youngest son get back?

Regarding our struggles w/our woes, I may not go off plan as often as you do, BUT I also have not been able to maintain my weight as well as you have. I think that's KEY. If you are staying w/in say 5 to 7 pounds of your low, up and down, Imo, whatever you're doing is working!

K-mom---Oh my, your upcoming week sounds like it will be challenging but also loving and wonderful. I was interested to hear about your role as interpreter between your SD and your sis, and it warmed my heart to hear they are close. I can't sign, but am always in awe of those who can, and find something so visually beautiful in watching signing---hands and fingers dancing with words. Never considered before how tiring it can be to be an "interpreter" but it makes perfect sense.

Wednesday water: 3/3.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did a BIG LC shop today, had let it get down to the bone again. But now I'm stocked up. Lots of choices and I need choices!

I also need to get back to basics and find the mojo to BOTH enjoy our summer social life---SO much more active than winter---AND re-capture my commitment to LC. It's NOT that I've been stuffing myself w/carbs at all. In fact, I'd say I'm more concerned about what's happening in my mind than what's going in my mouth, per say. Lots of struggles w/"what the heck." I really am winning a lot of them, but now is just NOT a sweet zone for me. Miss that.

Also know that sweet zone comes and goes. Oh, let it be time for it to return soon!
  #1941   ^
Old Wed, Jun-21-17, 18:31

BF:

Hey ladies- quick drive though-

Mom outta hospital- not that I knew where she went, but it seems they ran every test on her and came to the conclusion it is an inner ear infection that is causing dizziness, plus she was severely dehydrated - causing falls. I don't know if I buy all that. Maybe part of that is true- but I see some real cognitive changes in her as well.
But it's all rainbows and flowers to talk to her now.

Blue- can't wait to see if you love the stir fry- cali. I think the grilled chicken strips from TJ would be so good

So I went to get my brakes worked on today. Not the brakes- Bald tires. Plus one of my ties had a nail in it. Yet my son and I took my car to Florida- and hit 90ISH more than a few times! Thank goodness nothing happened.

Brakes in great shape- 600 dollar and 4 Cooper tires and a front end alignment later and 2 hours I was out the door. Feels like a new car. Thing is I only have 38,000 miles on that car- drives like a sports car- Jetta. Met to go high speeds.

I had ribs tonight - so good. Just ate once today- IF 23.5/.5 And I had just enough- and stopped. Had to nap though- one hour.
Took my walk- had about 40 min in today
water 4/5 - but will get my 5/5/. as I am not yet done.

There was a Good Will beside the car place- so I went there and roomed the book section- walked out with 4. At 1.25 $ each- and one was half at .75 cents. Love it. Got a book called "living in the NOW- being present in your life", another was Best Friends- by Jennifer Weiner, and a couple cook books. ya know for a little over 3 bucks.....deal.

Going to get fun read Blue recommended.
WOW- the son and I were in the area now getting a hurricane - can you imagine if we had done this week as apposed to last week? WOW- Clouds here from the storm even. no rain- just dark dark clouds

I SO want to keep this pound off.

Last edited by Jaz66 : Wed, Jun-21-17 at 19:14.
  #1942   ^
Old Thu, Jun-22-17, 03:43

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Jaz....glad it's nothing more serious with your Mom. Bald tires and you drove all the way to FL?? Yikes! Sure am glad you made it back safely. Sounds like you are good to go with your wheels now! I so admire your fasting. I want to try to get to 20:4 at some point, but right now, 16:8 seems to be my sweet spot.

Nic...how cool that your son is enjoying Costa Rica. What an experience for him.

Blue...I like the cauli rice. I typically mix it with ground beef to bulk it up and add some veggies.

KMom...hope you enjoy your company. I'm sure it will seem rather hectic at times, but enjoy the time.

I had a great morning on the golf course with my friend. We did the round in 3 hours since there were only 2 of us. Fun day. Heading back this morning to play with the ladies group.

My nutrition client texted me yesterday and wants to meet on Friday. I'm anxious to see how her week has gone and what questions/problems she may have encountered.

I got inspired by a girl on YouTube who follows the Keto diet to try a new recipe. I made Chicken Curry. It was delish! I had it a little spicy as I didn't measure anything, just dumped in the spices. I had never used coconut milk before, but it made a yummy sauce. I had chicken breast pieces, sliced mushrooms & pieces of asparagus. Started with avocado oil in the pan, threw in some chopped onion & garlic, then came the chicken chunks and spices(cumin, curry powder, Thai curry seasoning)Browned them up and then in went the mushrooms & asparagus. After about 10 minutes, I poured in the coconut milk. Simmered the whole mess for 1/2 hour. I intended to use some Xanthan Gum to thicken the sauce a bit, but I forgot. Anyway, it was good and I'll definitely do it again.

Scale crept down another 2/10ths of a pound. I think I'm going to end up stuck again in this decade, but that's ok.

Have a lovely day my friends!
  #1943   ^
Old Thu, Jun-22-17, 03:51

BF:

HELLOOOOOOOOOOO HELLOOOOOOOO Kidding

We are getting rain from that hurricane - and the clouds are SO dark. Thankfully it is just rain.

I have decided I am done with the scale telling me how I should feel about myself. I managed to get through a week without stepping on it and survived. I stepped on and gained half pound. - I know I was on plan yesterday. I am only going to step on the scale once a week. I think I am/was a little obsessed. WHO ME???? Yea

I got my water in yesterday KMOM. I hope you are having a GRAND time with your family!

Blue- I have found that I enjoy You Tube talks for getting that MOJO back. I watch/listen to lectures from the doctors who are the LC trendsetters. I listen to success stories from people doing LC- there is a ton of stuff.
I get it though. We as Americans are so visually and mentally bombarded with commercials and ADS, it seems food is everywhere. It truly is a fight to stay strong!
Going back to basics is a great idea. What did you think of the riced cali???? Did you add shrimp or chicken? Did you use the aminos?

Leeann- Are you rested up?

Lori- are you getting any of the rain? Did your shorts come yet? I bet you are down a size!
--------------------------------------
I am so looking forward to some down time. I ended up running errands and having my car worked on yesterday. The pup needed to have her nails trimmed- dog food, etc....... I was very busy yesterday.
I'm glad I took the day off- actually. But I have now used every PTO hour I had banked up. So it will be a minute before I can take anytime off.

My DD is in Australia at the moment. She and her hubby and the toddler went. It was a 30 hour flight. Yes a 30 hour flight. I can't fathom that- with a 18 month old! She is coming back Sunday. I will pick them up from the airport. They were visiting his family. She is a world traveler mindset.
I can't wait to hear about their trip. I have never been out of the country. It's on my bucket list to travel. I really enjoy learning about other countries and places.

Ok gotta run- I am off to work today.
Leftover roasted chicken and ribs today. :yummy:
  #1944   ^
Old Thu, Jun-22-17, 10:20

BF:
Progress:

Water Hounds
Wednesday Jaz 5/5, Blue 3/3, KMom 5/5
Good job!
Jaz, is your bottom number 5 or 6?
  #1945   ^
Old Thu, Jun-22-17, 10:23

BF:
Progress:

Quick post.
Sis and BIL made it! What a victory! They even looked pretty good when they arrived.

Everything is so hard and takes a lot of time, but they are a strong team.

Hope to visit some Goodwill's today and look for books. They are booksellers, like me. Find books cheap and then sell on Amazon. So fun.

K-Mom 10x3
  #1946   ^
Old Thu, Jun-22-17, 16:23

BF:

KMOM- Love the Goodwill for books. I do it all the time. Therefore if ya find a dud ya can pass it on and not feel guilty.

for some reason I thought your family was already here? HA- Have a great time with them.

I dropped my count from 6 to 5- struggling this week with water.
  #1947   ^
Old Fri, Jun-23-17, 02:49

BF:

Good Morning!

Nothing much going on here. Yesterday, same old, same old day on the golf course. 3 days in a row is about my limit! I'm actually glad I don't have to go play today!

I'm heading to boot camp this morning. I haven't been there since Monday...this week has flown by. I'll come home from camp and get showered and then have a quiet morning. I'm meeting with my weight loss client this afternoon. I'm anxious to see how her week has gone. I didn't get any "panic" calls from her this week, so I'm assuming she did ok. I'm looking forward to helping her tweak the plan to fit her life.

Jaz....a 30 hour flight with an 18 month old?? Oh my! I cannot imagine it. How long have they been in Australia? I would like to go sometime, but will spend a few weeks there before making that LONG flight home. I think it is winter there now, right? I'll be anxious to hear what they did and what the weather was like.

Jaz...you asked about my shorts. Yes, my black shorts came this week and yes, they are too big. I need to learn what size I am!! I have one more pair coming, but I did order them a size smaller, so hoping they are ok. Yesterday I had a pair of shorts laid out to wear, put them on and they practically fell off. Switched to a cute little golf skirt. I have to say, the skirts with the shorts underneath are much more comfy now that I've lost weight. The shorts used to be tight on my legs and would ride up...not anymore! YAY!

It is a hot, sticky morning. I guess we're going to get some rain from the tropical storm. Hoping not too much as I'm playing in a golf tournament at a different course tomorrow, and our little town has a big parade at 10AM. It's an early 4th of July/Veteran's parade.

Have a good Friday and a nice weekend everybody!
  #1948   ^
Old Fri, Jun-23-17, 04:11

BF:

Hey all- It's Friday and I love my Fridays!

Lori- I know my DD and family went to the big zoo. The are staying outside Sidney. They have been there 2 weeks. I can't wait to hear about their adventures as well. Yes you are correct in that it is winter there.
So tell me Lori- what do you love about bootcamp. What drives you to go?

Blue- Hoping you are doing well. I bet you love your Fridays as much as I do! How was your week?

Trig- I bet you are chilling and grilling. you are missed.

KMOM- so are you cooking the entire time? How long is your sister staying? Did you find any books?
yesterday- 5/5- and I was still thirsty. I had to drive tap water and it tasted bad. I will get some decent water today.

Leeann- so is your hubby doing anything with that new healthcare bill being considered in DC?
How are you doing? Any weekend plans? You are very quite these days. You are either busy or humming along- both are good things.
You have done a wonderful job of keeping your weight off.
-----------------------------------------
So the rain is really starting to get to me. It has rained all week- everyday. I am lacking my sunshine!

So - I am up my pound. I know I said I was going to ditch the scale.
I did over do it yesterday. Granted it was all LC- I was hungry and tired. I always seem to over eat when I am tired. I am not as diligent. It really is a battle everyday.
It's not like other addictions- one has to eat everyday.

And the little of this and little of that like you said BLUE a couple of posts ago is insidious.

I am settled for a couple of months before anything starts hopping. Travel plans done. Sighhhhhhh that went quick.

The boss is off for her week vacay! HAPPY DANCE..... So it's just me- to keep things chugging along. No sweat- we can all breath easy.
So I had a co-worker ask me if I would be her accountable buddy! I actually did say yes- but encouraged her to join a LC friends board.

Plus- I love to search around these boards. I love the stories on here. They are very inspiring.

I am considering trying to find a gym close by. I would like to do more outside of work. Plus I am looking some of those meet up groups. There is a meet up group for anything.

I am over the online thing for a minute. I had some guy reach out to me via email. Long story- something he said rang a bell to me. Come to find out- he was on the other date site. He is outta Africa - and uses bogus pictures and bogus stories to get these women to give him money. It was the same guy! What gets me is some women actually believe these thugs.

I was told there is nothing that can be done to stop it- as they are outta the country. Anyway- I am over that for awhile. I am going to just find some hobbies again and move on. Who knows- when ya least expect it!

Ok I watched a super movie this week- Beauty and the Beast! I truly loved it. Even though we all know the story- the movie was so fun. Well worth the 1.50- and the late charge-

Calling the library today to see if they have they book you recommended BLUE. Any others anyone before I call?
Have a super Friday.
  #1949   ^
Old Fri, Jun-23-17, 08:43

BF:

Hi again,

Jaz...your rain has reached me now! It was pouring just a few minutes ago, but now seems to have let up a bit. Just hoping it is outta here before golf time tomorrow.

Hmm...what drives me to go to boot camp? We are like a family. Pretty much the same people go to the "sunrise" session each day and you feel really close. We encourage & support each other thru every workout. We have a private FaceBook group and communicate there as well. Personally, the change in my body has been like nothing else I've ever done. To be frank, I'm scared to quit as I don't want to lose all I've gained! Not weight gain, but toning and muscles, self confidence etc.

Soon time to go put my face on for my meeting. Getting together with some friends for pizza later. I think I'll eat before we go and then just have a lite beer to be sociable. I don't think they'll want to eat till after 6, and my eating window will be closed. Really shouldn't even drink a beer after 6, but may stretch it a bit and indulge.

Hugs all around!
  #1950   ^
Old Fri, Jun-23-17, 09:46

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I have been so absent. It has been crazy around here looking at wedding reception venues. Just nuts.

KMOM- you have a super busy, pretty high pressure week going on with company and interpreting and so forth. Just do the best you can do and carry on! One step and then another one!

BLUE- If you find that summer mojo, pass it on! Hope work wasn't too bad this week.

Jaz- Sorry to hear there are no real answers on your Mom, really. Doesn't really sound like dehydration to me but what do I know? Glad you got new tires (and that your trip was safe on bald ones!) and that your boss is now gone for the week. That will definitely make it more smooth!

Lori- Girl, three days golfing in a row and your shorts falling off! Can't even be jealous because you are the one fasting and eating right and exercising religiously. Well done!

•••••••••••••

DH and the two older kids just cleared out of the house, bound for San Fran. Blessed quiet! Two straight days of venue touring, with yesterday running from 9:30-6, and then DD22 and Fi spending the night, and DS18 GF coming over at 8:30 and staying until late. Too many people! Ready for some down time now.

DS15 returns Sunday night. I am more than ready to see him again but all pictures show that he has been having a marvelous time so I am really happy for him. I think he will appreciate the down time that he has this upcoming week before he heads out again for a new adventure.

The hot weather is breaking and returning back to the 80s, which will be lovely.

Today will be a rest day with maybe a walk. Yes!
Closed Thread