Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Nov-26-07, 08:06

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 190/169/140 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

Oh, wow- I just realized you're nearly 34 weeks already! It's getting closer!

I hope you don't take that ticker too seriously "43 days left" could mean "22 days left" or "57 days left" or anything in between! Also, babies don't really need much "stuff" anyway, in spite of what "baby retailers" want you to think.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Nov-26-07, 10:29

Plan: Protein Power/Paleo
Stats: 188.5/169.5/145 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:way/too/much!
Progress: 44%

We had a lovely thanksgiving with just immediate family since one got sick the night before! It wasn't all LC, but moreso than in years past. No white potatoes and no bread stuffing. My stuffing was Suzanne Somer's mushroom, sausage and onion stuffing. Yummy! We had cranberry sauce with sugar and there was a little in the sweet potatoes/butternut squash, but not much. I did eat everything and dessert too---apple crisp (which probably was just as bad as pastry since the topping has so much sugar!). But I haven't gained and I'm ready to get the sugar out of my system today!
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Nov-27-07, 10:12
Taking MY Turn

Plan: Intuitive Eating
Stats: 240/220.8/190 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthla
Oh, wow- I just realized you're nearly 34 weeks already! It's getting closer!

I hope you don't take that ticker too seriously "43 days left" could mean "22 days left" or "57 days left" or anything in between! Also, babies don't really need much "stuff" anyway, in spite of what "baby retailers" want you to think.

Oh yes..it's getting closer and I realize full well it could be "any day now" OR we could celebrate NYE and the epiphany and I could still be waddling (a little Catholic joke thrown in there, heh). So yeah, I'm basically more or less "ready for anything" and yet totally not feeling ready. As for all the "stuff" retailers and friends think I need, I agree with you completely. I've decided I want to start a baby minimalist movement! And yet my registry is embarrassingly large. Ugh. Oh well, I mostly did it so I could have the discount coupons if I decide to buy something. For me my focus is on eating as well as I can, keeping moving (and addressing my numbness issues in my hands) and reading and preparing mentally for this wonder on the way!

Ok, I don't mean to make this thread about me being pregnant, so I'll sign off and head to my water aerobics class and hope you're all doing well! I'll check in soon.

P.S. Mamasarah that stuffing sounds yummy! Wanna share the recipe?
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Nov-27-07, 12:10

Plan: Protein Power/Paleo
Stats: 188.5/169.5/145 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:way/too/much!
Progress: 44%

I guess I can't really share the recipe since I got it from her cookbook. If you're one who cooks by instinct, it involves carmelized onions and browned mushrooms (your favorite kind!), a little butter to thicken it. Some white wine added and cooked off. Then brown the sausage, drain, and add the mushrooms and onions. Tarragon, salt and pepper finish it off nicely. This year I added an extra lb. of sausage since we were expecting more people. It is so goooood. People just eat it as long as it lasts out of bowls!
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Nov-27-07, 17:32
Registered Member

Plan: PP/Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 178/137/137 Female 5'6"
BF:28%
Progress: 100%

That Susanne Somers dressing is awesome...I made it last year!
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Nov-28-07, 09:21
Registered Member

Stats: 315/234/190 Female 5'8"
BF:Quite
Progress: 65%

I'm back from my long trip (extended one day because I was stranded at the airport in Milwaukee), and am proud to say I maintained ketosis the entire time. I'm down a pound & a half since I left home, though the inches haven't budged -- hoping that'll happen after my soon-to-come TOM. Meanwhile I'm just pleased with myself that I'm firmly in the low-carb saddle.
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Nov-30-07, 09:47

BF:

Congrats on sticking to healthy eating while away!!

I keep forgetting to get on the scale in the morning before eating anything- oh well, either the weight's coming off or it isn't, and if it is then I'll see a huge jump in the scale when I do get on it again.

I've noticed things are feeling looser on me, esp around the waist/hip area. My new underwear is too big! That or it's just stretched out. :lol I unfortunately can't find this style any smaller than a 7- it's the kind that comes to mid-thigh and keeps them from rubbing together, and Lane Bryant Catalog has them in cotton/lycra. I can't wear nylon panties without getting yeast infections, and I can't seem to find this style in cotton anyplace but the "plus sized" catalogs. Yet they make them in nylon as "foundation garments" in size 5!!

I probably need to start sewing my own. Or at least take in the ones I have.

Blah. I spent the morning doing paperwork and phone calls. The food stamps office couldnt' process my recertification without proof of my kids' schools, and they haven't gotten report cards yet so I had to call both schools (DS' elementary and DD1's middle school) to have them fax letters over to the food stamp office. At least I already had stuff from the district about my homeschooler (ie: "yes, we received your paperwork and it meets the state requirements.")
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Dec-03-07, 07:35

BF:

Even with my "imperfect" eating (too many rice products) I still lost another half a pound this week!