Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Mar-04-06, 22:28

Plan: Primal/Paleo
Stats: 255/241/145 Female 5 feet 9 1/2 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

How's it going warriors?

It's going good here. Not much new, just plugging away being a mommy. Loving my kefir drinks! My milk grains are now "up and running" so to speak and its so good. It's great for the undereating part of the day. Yesterday I didn't do that well with undereating, had some very fatty food during the day...fried mushrooms and fried eggplant. Homemade using the finest ingredients but I think it did throw things off because I then didn't eat as much at night and then i woke up hungry today and had oatmeal and egg for breakfast. Back to normal tomorrow though, so Im going to eat another bowl of beef stew before bed to make sure I don't wake up hungry tomorrow.

I just said this in my previous post, but I'll say it again...I have so much energy. I have completely fallen in love with exercise, wow! I never thought that was possible.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Mar-09-06, 13:05

BF:

I haven't weighed myself in about a week or two. But here is something cool! I took body measurements in November, and I took them again today. Here are the results:

I've lost from each part -
Waist 1 inch
Hips 2.5 inches
Thighs 2 inches
Calf 1.25 inches

I measured other parts, but my arm and bust measurements didn't change.
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Mar-09-06, 13:48
I'm your Huckleberry

Plan: Atkins '72
Stats: 262/234/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 22%

WAY TO GO!

Note to Jaybird: I had to use that cheerleader...she cracks me up!

Good Job!
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Mar-11-06, 20:16

BF:

#20   ^
Old Sat, Apr-01-06, 22:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 135/135/115
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi Everyone,

I stumbles upon your thread here and am wondering what the warrior diet is all about. I know there is a book and perhaps will buy it but do you mind telling me the gist of this plan? From wht I've read on your thread, the gist is that you don't eat a lot, or you eat easily digestible foods during the day and eat a bigger meal with protein at night. Is this basically correct? It's kind of interesting, goes along with the guy's Fit for Life book from years ago which said to only eat fruit before noon. Like most of you have said, I usually don't eat breakfast and feel better that way. In the CAD book they advocate not eating breakfast as well if you are carb sensitive. Lately I've been eating only eggs for b reakfast as I've been doing very lowcarb but I still don't really like eating breakfast. I get hungry about 2pm or so. So you only drink fluids for lunch typically? I read the plan on the first post of the thread but it seemed a bit complicated? Can anyone simplify it ? thanks very much.

ann-marie
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Apr-02-06, 02:34
I'm your Huckleberry

BF:

Hi! I'll try to put it in a nutshell, as best I can.

The main premise of the WOE is to eliminate chemicals and preservativies. Organic is stressed. From 5 AM to 5PM you eat very minimally of raw vegetables or perhaps a fruit. Lunch (which is any time you'd like) could be a garden salad with vinegar and oil and a cup of broth. If you want a snack, then maybe a handful of blackberries. Coffee is permitted anytime.

Anytime from 5PM to 9PM is dinner or snack. Dinner starts always with a salad with vinegar and oil, followed by eating a steamed vegetable, and finally eating protein. If you have a carb food, like brown rice, it is not eaten until after the salad, vegetable and protein. Dessert can be organic yogurt with nuts.

No sugar or white flour is permitted. No artificial sweetner is used. Stevia, (real) maple syrup, or honey is the only natural sweetner allowed.

As always, it's important to read the book so you get the fine points, but if you do, you'll see that exercise (particularly weight traing) is stressed.

I do not eat breakfast, and I don't like to eat five or six times a day. Everyone is different and no single diet works well for every body. I think it's important to find a program that works for YOU and that you can do comfortably for life.
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Apr-02-06, 02:36
I'm your Huckleberry

BF:

Double post....cuse me....pardon me.
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Apr-02-06, 18:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 135/135/115
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Thanks Rocks

I stumbled upon another WD thread last night after posting and read many posts about it. also read interviews with the author and such. One of the things that I like is that he is not so secretive about the diet that he wont give the jist of it in interivews.

but besides that, I too dont like to eat breakfast and prefer just a lite lunch. or just fruit.

Today I started and had some fruit at about 2pm and then I just ate my dinner salad at 5:30. Will then do the veggie and protein portion of my meal. On the other thread everyone mentioned also having a second meal or snack closer to bedtime and that it helped get through the next day without hunger. do you do this as well and if so what do you eat? I was thinking of eating scramlbed eggs for that meal as I liked to eat eggs daily but dont really want them at breakfast.

I think fruit as my only daytime food will sit well with me. a few people mentioend a handful of nuts also. I put a little bit of (1tbs) of natural PB on my half an apple and it filled me up plenty.

thanks for your reply.
  #24   ^
Old Wed, May-10-06, 22:56
Registered Member

Plan: Warrior LC
Stats: 222/201/191 Male 180 cm
BF:30%/12%/12%
Progress: 68%

bump for lolla...
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Sep-21-06, 13:28

Plan: atkins
Stats: 299/292/267 Female 5'7"
BF:

Saving....
  #26   ^
Old Sat, Sep-23-06, 02:46

Plan: low carb dabbler
Stats: 180/175/140 Female 5'5
BF:37%/36%/20%
Default Help with the WD diet re: fruit

I have the book, I always try to start the diet and fail, you ask why, the fruit in the morning bit, any time I eat fruit, it sets me up to binge binge binge, cannot handle it at all, vegetables too boring, but I do love stuffing myself at night. cannot have caffeine in any form so avoid coffee and tea, since I reside in the UK cannot get hold of raw milk.
How can I adjust the Diet to loose weight like at least 2lbs a week
  #27   ^
Old Sat, Sep-23-06, 13:41
I'm your Huckleberry

BF:

I skip the fruit during the day because it does make me hungry. I have had good results from eating nothing during the day and just having a good meal in the evening. I'm one of those people that once I eat, I get hungry within an hour. When I follow the Warrior program, I only have broth or vegetable juice during the day. You are permitted a four hour window of eating in the evening, but I seldom eat after the second hour...I'm just not hungry. I eat a salad with vinegar and oil at 5 PM and then fix dinner and eat around 6PM. The salad is critical for knocking edge off the hunger signals. If I have fruit, I have it with yogurt for dessert before bed. I prefer black berries and strawberries. If fruit really inspires cravings, avoid it altogether.

You could just as easily substitute raw vegetables for the fruit. Hot broth helps control hunger and is allowed (which would make a good substitute for the coffee). You are also permitted yogurt almost anytime you are hungry. The Warrior diet does recommend organic yogurt which can be sweetned with stevia, real maple syrup, or honey. You can also have vegetable juice that does not contain preservatives or sweetner (V8 is a good choice, if you can get that).

There are alot of people in the United States that can't get raw milk also. It's tragic really. The next best thing would be whole organic milk or cream.

The Warrior WOE does require some shopping and label reading, which is the case for most WOL programs, but, once you find the products and a good source, it really is easy to follow. If you can't afford organic fruit and vegetables, just be certain to wash and peel the fruit from the grocery.

You may find, as I did, that if you do not eat solid food during the day you are not hungry. I would be very interested to know if you are successful if you use the above suggestions.
  #28   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-09, 15:21

Plan: non processed food
Stats: 165/114/119 Female 5' 7.72 /1.72 m
BF:
Progress: 111%
Default Anybody there?

Hello ladies, what has become of your efforts with The Warrior Diet?