Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Wed, Feb-12-03, 22:47

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 200.6/156.8/120 Female 5' 4"
BF:Flabby
Progress: 54%

I sympathize with you. I've been doing Atkins for 8 weeks and I haven't lost any weight since I've completed induction. It is very discouraging especially since I've tried some of the stall busters like a couple of higher carb days and go back to induction, drowning myself in 2 gals of water every day, extra excercise, etc. but still no change on scale or measurements. I figure that my body and I are at a stand off and one of us is going to give in eventually, it just won't be me!

Don't give up!
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Thu, Feb-13-03, 14:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 187/187/140 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Cool stalls

Good for you Vixen....

I refuse to give in either... and I still am going up and down the same silly 2 lbs... but I was suprised and shocked yesterday when I bought a pair of jeans... I thought I would have to Grown down ... into... and they fit!?!?!?!

that means I'm down 2 sizes...

Some times... no... most of the time... I think the scale is more our enemy than friend....

Much luck to one and all...

ciao
  #48   ^
Old Sat, Feb-15-03, 08:50

Plan: Zone
Stats: 235/190/145 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default Weight might not be a good gauge of success.

Hi Everyone
I also have been feeling stalled with the weight loss. For the past 10 months of LCing, I have never weighed myself, except at my nutrionist appointments.
I hadn't seen her since September, 6 months ago, and while I knew weight loss had slowed down, I wanted her to weigh me this week just to see how much it had slowed.
Since September, I have lost 2 inches off my hips, 1 1/2 inches off my waist and about an inch off my bust. My clothes have been getting looser and more comfortable, so when I got on her scale I was certain that I had lost more weight...
WRONG! I actually gained a pound!!!
Now, mind you I have been walking regularly for about a month now and I did increase my carb intake over the holidays.
So, the question is, how does a person lose inches and gain weight?!
My theory.....fat is melting and muscles are building. Muscle weighs more than fat!
So, I stick to my original statement that the scale is such a poor weigh (pun intended) to measure success on this WOE!
If I were you, I would throw away the scale!

k
  #49   ^
Old Tue, Feb-18-03, 16:01
Contributing Member

Plan: Adkins (somewhat modified)
Stats: 250/182/170
BF:
Progress: 85%
Default Forget the scales!

My New Year's Resolution.......leave the scales alone for a while....walk & exercise....watch the inches.....my pants are much loser....I can actually SEE my waistline......I'm sure the scales are stalled but my body is changing for the better......I'll try the scales in a month or two....I don't want a stall in pounds to stop my progress....I'm going to stick to the plan and walk, walk, walk.....Bathing suit season is coming sooner than we expect!
  #50   ^
Old Wed, Feb-19-03, 13:37

Stats: 274/265/170 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

Micsing--congrats on your weight loss and inches lost...you will look great in a bathing suit this summer...and your right, it is just around the corner!
  #51   ^
Old Mon, Feb-24-03, 10:23
Registered Member

Stats: 140/136/115
BF:%25
Progress: 16%
Wink

Wow, someone else from frigid Montreal!! Were you buried in snow yesterday too? I had to take the bus to the gym and half my exercise was finding my way through the snow!!

Anyway, if you ever work at the McGill Gym give me a holler !! It would be cool to work out with a buddy.

I don't think I'm qualified to give any advice yet because I'm only on my 3rd day of induction but I think you're doing great!

Good luck and all!!!
  #52   ^
Old Thu, Feb-27-03, 20:58

Stats: 116/110/58
BF:
Progress:
Default stalls

Perhaps some of the stalls might be caused by too many calories overall. I have been stalled for some time and this happened to me the first time I did Atkins about 30 years ago. I am still in moderate to high ketosis and not losing anything. Been going on for some weeks now. I ditched the sugar alcohols and lost 1lb but now stalled again for about a week now. I am not very active because of sports injuries to right shoulder and right foot. So I can't really do much in the way of exercise.

But I am sticking to my plan because I still feel much better on Atkins than when I'm not on Atkins. My emotional state seems very stable and my mind clear.
  #53   ^
Old Fri, Feb-28-03, 07:15

Stats: 274/265/170 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

I notice the same thing...my emotions are not as up and down as they usually are and I feel much more clear headed and able to keep perspective. I found cutting caffiene was huge in helping with stalls.
Have a great day everyone!