Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-10-02, 09:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 155/125/115
BF:
Progress: 75%
Smile Hello

Just a quick note to introduce myself. I have been a low carber for about 18 months now. I have lost about 30 pounds and would love to lose about 10 more. This plan has saved my life and has really changed the way I feel about myself. More importantly for me at least is the fact that I have lost fat on places on my body that I never though I would....like around my mid section and upper arms. I still need to exercise but it's like low carb living really sort of "reshapes" by burning the fat on the fattest parts of us. I plan to visit everyday since I need to stay motivated. My oldest daughter is getting married in August and I plan to be the best looking mother of the bride ever. I'm looking forward to seeing out of town relatives who haven't seen me in a few years. Can't wait to show off the new me.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-10-02, 09:24

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

Hi, Tricia! Welcome

What a great success story. It's always nice to read that someone's lost weight successfully on LC but it's even better when the person enjoys the health benefits and feels healthier, as well as thinner.

There are several people near goal here, so you'll have plenty of company.

I hope you'll move in, post often, and let us know how you're doing
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-10-02, 14:15

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%
Thumbs up

Hi Tricia

Welcome to this forum, you will find it a great place to keep you motivated.

Its great to hear from someone who has lived the low carb way of life for well over a year and to appreciate the benefits that this way of life can bring.

I have only been low carbing for 7 months and really love it. My weight is coming off real slowly, but as you say there are numerous health benefits as well.

Every succes with the last part of your journey and may you be the best mother of the bride in August.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Apr-10-02, 18:56

Stats: 283/268/160
BF:
Progress: 12%
Smile Welcome Tricia

Congrats to your daughter! I'm sure you will be stunning on her wedding day. Just don't be more stunning than she is!

You sound like a great advocate for the LC life. I hope you get as much support and motivation from this forum as I have.

I'm just started my fourth week in this WOL and I am loving it! I have so much more energy and I've been sleeping so much better!

Best of luck to you!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Apr-11-02, 08:31

Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Post Welcome!

And congratulations on your success!

Glad you've joined the group, too. I'm sure you have insights to share!

Good luck reaching your goal!

Donald
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Apr-11-02, 16:16
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 145/116/115
BF:
Progress: 97%

Welcome Tricia

Congates on your success so far. This is a great WOL. I know you'll be a knockout at your daughter's wedding. Congratulations to both of you.

This forum is so nice. Lots of helpful people, support and take a look at the recipes! Am looking forward to reading of your successes.

Angelfish