Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-18-02, 13:31
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/Protien power
Stats: 164/149/130
BF:
Progress: 44%
Lightbulb Pasta Lite

I tried the pasta lite. It is not too bad. Not the normal texture of pasta. Alot more dense. I think in a sauce (I had mine with cheese only) and ground beef not too bad. But for the way some fake things taste it is a little higher on the scale. It does have a blander taste than regular pasta. I only bought the elbow and the spaghetti to try. The lable says a "traditional pasta taste" I guess everyone has their tastebuds.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-19-02, 13:04
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Hi, Cyntalkalo.

I haven't heard of the Pasta Lite before. Can you provide a brand name or the place where you bought it? Do you know the ingredients or the carb count?

Thanks!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-02, 17:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 203/174/165
BF:
Progress: 76%
Angry Light pasta

My husband and I tied the spaghetti last night for supper. I felt like I had a concrete block in my stomach. He got tremendous gas and bloating, had diahrrea all night and again today. He loves and misses spaghetti so much he tried some leftovers this afternoon to see if it really made him sick, and it really did. We had a bad experience, laid out quite a bit of money, and can't eat it.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Apr-06-02, 20:59

Stats: 212/202/180
BF:
Progress:
Thumbs down

I just tried PastaLite (from AtkinsCenter) and thought it was disgusting! I made the penne with a spicy maranara sauce and lots of parm and romano cheese. Took one bite and threw the rest away - it was that bad. The taste bore no resemblence to real pasta and the texture was like dense cardboard. And the stuff isn't cheap either. That was $10 down the drain. If anybody really wants to shell out the $$$ for this stuff I suggest buying the smallest amount possible to first see if you find it edible.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jun-25-02, 22:14

Plan: my own plan
Stats: 235/138/130
BF:
Progress: 92%
Default Pasta Light.....nasty!

I just tried pasta light brand elbow pasta. I was so thrilled, I ran to the store to buy ragu double chedder. At last, I was going to have my long lost macaroni and cheese. I was a little perplexed at the fact that the pasta was brown but who care! it's pasta! Anyway...It sucked but time. Never had I eated such nastieness.

I did however, try a low carb bagel. I found them at a low carb store in shrewsberry newjersey. The bagels are out of this world. They are six dollars for six bagels which is expensive but I'm willing to travel an hour to the store and spend the money so that I can have my bagel with smoked samon cream cheese
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jun-26-02, 11:43
Registered Member

Stats: 285/199/130
BF:
Progress: 55%
Default Pasta is YUCK!

I have had lots of different pastas and they've all been one bite, toss into the garbage. They are way too gross for words. Hubby (who eats anything) hated them, too.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jul-11-02, 10:06

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 182/182/140 Female 5 ft. 5.5 in.
BF:36.5/36.5/27
Progress: 0%
Question Low-Carb Store in NJ?

Hello,
I noticed that you mentioned a low-carb store in NJ. I live in Central, NJ and would be interested in the name of this store.

Thank you.
Stephanie
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jul-12-02, 08:10

Plan: my own plan
Stats: 235/138/130
BF:
Progress: 92%
Default The Low Carb Connection

The store is called the Low Carb Conecction. It's on rt 35 in shrewsberry nj. I am not from around there so i can't give you great directions but next store to the shop is a florest. It's a white house like structure. If you pass the shadowbrook, you've gone too far.

The food is expensive but hey! anything for a muffin. The choclate chip ones are to die for!
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Jul-18-02, 19:18

Plan: Lower Carb/glycemic foods
Stats: 179.5/163.5/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 29%
Unhappy I should have read this first!

I just bought two packages of low carb pasta from netrition. I was pretty surprised by the brown color. I guess I might as well cook it and try it anyway, but I'll keep my expectations low!

Kristi
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Sep-22-02, 20:31
Run Spot, run!

Stats: 168/151/150 Female 67 inches
BF:32%/27ish%/21-25%
Progress: 94%
Question Has anyone else tried ProSlim pasta?

Has anyone tried ProSlim pasta? I had some tonight and it was darn good. I even whipped up an alfredo style sauce (this coming from someone who's only cooking pre-LCing was making play-doh for my daughter's class!) ProSlim comes in 2 sealed serving size bags per box and has 8.5 grams of carbs per serving. It set me back about $6. Is it possible my tastes have changed so dramatically?? Admittedly, I tried the Due Amici thing they call pasta and BLICK!! - anything had to be better. Tomorrow morning flaxOmeal! I'm loving this!
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Sep-23-02, 18:09

Plan: PPLP Intervention
Stats: 206/160/135 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 65%
Default Well, I had to say blech

on the ProSlim... I prefer the pastalia... but agree on the DuAmici, NASTY STUFF!!!!!! I love the Flaxomeal granola... what a staple in my house!!!! I use it in everything, especially on low carb ice cream, YUMMY!!!!!!
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Sep-23-02, 19:22
Run Spot, run!

Default Pastalia, huh?

That had the pastalia brand at the nutrition shop too. I'll have to try it... if I could get down ProSlim, right?! I've heard good things about the FlaxOmeal granola, but it looks like something I will have to order on line. The butter pecan hot cereal makes a delish breading for chicken - even non-LCers gobble it up - its amazing how creative one gets on this WOE.
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Sep-23-02, 19:25
Run Spot, run!

Default did you say LC ice cream??

Do tell! I'm dying to hear about this! The best I get is a no sugar added creamsicle at 6g! And I thought that was the deal for an ice cream craving...
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Sep-23-02, 19:52

Plan: PPLP Intervention
Stats: 206/160/135 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 65%
Default I am dying to try the cereal!!!

But at my store it is $13 bucks a pop! Low carb products are SO HIGH, I try to stick with the natural stuff. The granola I use sparingly, but even so.... $10 a bag is steep. I may go for the cereal soon though!!!!

For the pasta, none of it is "good", so to speak. I still have the Keto Mac and Cheese in the pantry cuz I'm a scaredy cat!!!! But with the pasta, cook it with some olive oil and add a good sauce ( I love the Mama Thomas Pasta Sauce, only 3g Carbs per serving...) Also, most of the Alfredo sauces are low carb... then add some italian season and ground beef.... Makes a very filling meal!!!!! There is so much you can do that you pay little attention to the pasta!!!!!! Good luck and keep me posted!
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Sep-26-02, 08:54

Stats: 203/138/130 Female 5'4 1/2
BF:
Progress: 89%
Default Low carb pasta

Can someone help me out here, I found a low carb pasta

Called: Due Amici Pasta Lite: this is the nutrition facts

calories 160 calories from fat 10

total fat 1g
staurated fat 0g
cholesterol 0mg
sodium 50 mg
total carbohydrates 10g
sugars 7g
dietary fiber 7g
protien 28g

Dose any one know if this is fine to eat ??
I am leaning towards yes.. so if someone who would eat this would give me the go ahead I am having this tonight...........

thanks
Vivian