Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#241   ^
Old Tue, Sep-30-03, 11:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 195/184/165 Female 5-5
BF:30
Progress: 37%

I tried the Keto Mac & Cheese tonight. It was ok. Yes I doctored it up. The powdered cheese disappeared lol. I added 1/2 cup Ragu Cheese sauce, some chili powder, and some ground beef. It was pretty good. I only cooked the noodles for 10 minutes, because I like my mac a little firm. The noodles were good. The texture was great. I have a lot left over, so we'll have to see how the leftover version is.

I also got the Keo pancake mix in. I'll try it in the morning.
Sponsored Links
  #242   ^
Old Fri, Oct-03-03, 09:16

Stats: -/140/135 Female 5'10"
BF:All Fat?
Progress: 52%
Thumbs down Walden Farms No Carb/No Cal French Onion Dip

I tried the Walden Farms no carb/no calorie french onion dip for the first time yesterday. I am someone who will try anything once and am definitely not a finicky eater. However, this is perhaps the single worst food product that I have ever consumed. It was a funky grey color, tasted nothing at all like french onion dip and was nasty to the extreme. Has anyone dared to try any of the other flavors and, if so, were any of them any good?
  #243   ^
Old Thu, Oct-09-03, 08:18

Stats: -/140/135 Female 5'10"
BF:All Fat?
Progress: 52%

I made the Atkins Creamy Pesto Pasta boxed side dish last night for supper. Pre-LC days, we ate a lot of the Noodle-Roni boxed side dishes and I was hoping this might be a good substitute. I have to say that the creamy pesto sauce that comes with the Atkins product is very tasty and I wish that you could purchase it alone. The noodles, however, were so-so and tasted cardboardy. Although I wouldn't put it on the top of the list of products to buy again, I think it would be nice to have on hand for those times when I start craving pasta or noodles.