Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Kick Nicotine Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-13-05, 14:30

Plan: my own way...
Stats: 300/292/169 Female 72
BF:
Progress: 6%
Default Cough Cough

Here I sit.....readying myself for my final cigarette on Sunday night.....I am kind of scared....waiting for the withdrawal symptoms...the sleepyness...the agitation....

But I will do it this time. No more hacking and coughing. No more wasting my money!

Heres to better health!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-13-05, 15:26

Plan: gluten free atkins maint.
Stats: 250/155/180 Male 6 foot 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 136%

Good luck! You can do it!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jan-13-05, 15:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 142/134/120 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 36%

Quote:
But I will do it this time. No more hacking and coughing. No more wasting my money!

Now is a good time. Have you seen the price of cigarettes lately? Not that I should talk....I'm still puffing away.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jan-13-05, 21:27

Stats: 200/200/120 Female 5 feet
BF:
Progress: 0%

On January 3, 2005, I quit smoking and I also started the Atkins diet. So far, it's great. I'm not worried about sticking to the Atkins diet but the smoking, that's another story. My mother passed away from lung cancer 2 1/2 years ago. She had quit smoking 7 years before that and she still had lung cancer. So I don't want to be in the same predicament. But I've been yo-yoing for two years. I've actually quit smoking once for 4 months but my downfall is the spring. As soon as we're out there working in the garden, the urge to smoke is greater than me. I hope this spring I can resist.

I do feel better already. I don't cough, or hardly at all. The house smells better.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jan-16-05, 21:54

Stats: 230/175/155 Male 6'1"
BF:31%/18%
Progress: 73%

gawdess
Hello, hey your pics are great. What a great job you've done. I will never eat any other way than this. I'm right now having my last cigs tonight as well, I'll do the quit with you. I'm doing the smoke away plan, worked for a month a few months back and the bar scene got me. Giving the drinking thing up as well. Keep me up on how your doing and I'll do the same if that sounds good. Take care.
Duran
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jan-17-05, 07:37

BF:

Ahhhhh! Here I am at day one already. Its 8:30 am and I am chomping away on a piece of nicotine gum. I have a month of NRTs available to me, although I am only planning to use them for the first two-three weeks, while I clean out the cigarettes in my life.

This morning I am already withdrawing, having a hard time talking to people and losing my patience easily. I am sure by nightfall I will be exhausted and ready to go to bed early. This will pass. I just need to be patient. I hope you all are doing well with your quitting.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jan-17-05, 10:10

Stats: 245/160/135 Female 5'5''
BF:?
Progress: 77%

Best of Luck To you!!!!! I quit right before xmas--used the patch and chewed gum like crazy!! I just cannot be around any smokers still and I don't know when I will be able to!
I love the smell of a cig--but I can not believe that when I am in a store and someone walks past me that smells like an ashtray ---that i used to smell like that??!!
As far as the impatience goes well best of luck with that too--remember if people can not handle your mood swings right now when you are really trying to do one of the hardest things ever then screw um!
I finally got over the temper/mood thing when i threw a tantrum in Macys right at xmas and didn't think ---geez I could have been arrested--OOPPS!
anyways---best of luck and i am hear for you if you need me!!
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jan-17-05, 13:32

BF:

Thanks so much. I couldnt even talk to people earlier I was so bad. Ive decided to do nothing this week outside of go to work and then class. I am avoiding people because my moods are so shifty. It is only 2:30 and already I want to go to sleep.

Oh well. This will all be worth it in the end.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jan-17-05, 20:20

I know what you mean about the shifty mood thing. I told my friends at work to just tell me I'm being an ass and I would chill out (maybe). Extra sleep sounds good, I'm pretty jittery. We're doing great. Take care.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jan-18-05, 07:22

BF:

Day 2 and I am still here.

After multiple nervous breakdowns yesterday, I made it! I do admit to eating chocolate multiple times to cope. It made me feel so much better. Once I get past the first three days, I will get back to being low carb. I am considering dumping the nicotine gum and doing this cold turkey.
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Jan-18-05, 09:02

Keep the gum for a while longer. I was on the patch for 2 weeks---it really helps with the urges! I also chewed the hell out of cinamon sticks! Keep up the good work and I know that the chocolate is satisfying ---boy do i miss it! (smoking and chocolate) but I need to stay away from the things that trigger the cravings still!
SO BE STRONG!!! YOU ARE POWERFUL! YOU ARE AMAZING!
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Jan-19-05, 06:47
{{{Kickin Ash}}}

Plan: Atkins 1972
Stats: 223/190/160 Female 5ft8
BF:OUT OF CONTROL
Progress: 52%

I wish you all the strength Gawdess
You CAN do this. If you need a shoulder , lemme know ..

Just take it one hour at a time. I would lighten up on the caffine during this time too. For me anyhow it helped me deal with the cravings a lil easier. Take care.

Angel
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Jan-19-05, 10:59

BF:

It is day three and I am feeling much stronger.

I had 5 pieces of nicotine gum the first day. I had 1 yesterday and so far today I have had none. I feel fine. WOOHOO!
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Jan-19-05, 15:11

Congrats Gawdess!!! Duranimal--I hope that your day is doing well too!
Now don't get upset if next week you need 5 sticks of gum--it takes time and you're doing SUPER FANTASTIC!!
YIPPEE!!!
Keep up the good work!!
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Jan-19-05, 21:34

Hello, Thanks I'm doing great. Cravings are still going on for me. Got the little one to sleep over at her house. Home now, try to stay gone a lot to keep myself from getting bored. Bought 8 packs of wintergreen toothpicks tonight,
I'm set now, chew the hell out of them. Going to try those cinamon sticks as well. Thanks for the tip Puddypark. Gawdess your doing wonderful. Peace out all.