Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > PCOS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-28-07, 12:18

Plan: cut out carbs
Stats: 299.2/205.5/168 Female 173cm
BF:41%
Progress: 71%
Default pcos and skin

iv heard women can get skin tags and things with pcos, but what about discouloured blisters under the arm pitt?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Mar-31-07, 17:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 268/264/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 3%

I have been recently diagnosed with PCOS and I have had many skin tags removed from the arm pit area. I also have very dark discolored spots on the insides of my thighs...sounds similar to the "blisters" you asked about. My dermatologist said that they are harmless (just incredibly ugly) and there isn't much to change them. She (my dr) said that bleaching is generally uneffective but they may fade over time.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-01-07, 05:26

iv got rid of it now, i used some cream my doctor gave me for sores round the mouth that has to be kept in the fridge, cant remember the name but it worked
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Apr-17-07, 22:32

Plan: Atkins/BFL
Stats: 190/147/145 Female 61 inches
BF:39/??/20
Progress: 96%
Question Acne & Eczema

Over the last few months, my skin has gotten from bad to worse. Hair growth like never before. I also have acne all over my face and upper body. I never had it this bad...not even during puberty. I started taking Oracea (anti-inflammatory pill) a few months ago but didn't find it to be helpful...so I recently stopped.

Also this summer I noticed that I kept getting small spots on my hands. It turns out that I have dyshidrotic eczema but I'm able to manage it with a prescription hydrocortisone cream. When I found out about the eczema I had no knowledge of the ovarian cysts. So I didn't relate the two.

I've been on Ortho Tri-Cyclen (birth control) for 6 months now and I thought my skin would definitely improve. Wishful thinking...I guess. I recently heard about use of black cohosh for clearer skin but I still have to do my research. Has anyone had had any success with managing their skin problems? I could use some help.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Apr-18-07, 04:30

yeah definatley, here in UK they prescribe diannette for bad acne, iv been on it myself for hormone stuff and periods but didnt need it for acne so i dont know how good it really is, but if u want something to control red inflamed spots best thing here is freederm gel, google it and it should come up with the site
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Apr-18-07, 11:05

Plan: Atkins/BFL
Stats: 190/147/145 Female 61 inches
BF:39/??/20
Progress: 96%
Smile

Thanks for the advice Nicola. I went online and found freederm gel at an online UK pharmacy site. I also have a follow-up derm appointment next week. I'll let you guys know how things turn out.

Thanks.

-Avril