Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#121   ^
Old Sun, May-28-06, 14:21

Plan: atkins
Stats: :(/:)/145 Female 5 feet 4
BF:
Progress:

Hellllooo Anu ... so sorry its been LONG ... way to long i know , no excuses just busy with work , family, life and again no internet for a bit , I will give you the full scoop on my life , way to busy with work , off the low carb lifestyle , gained a lot back (i picked up all the good atkin stuff today so tomorrow I am back on my low carb way of life! )I go home to visit my family for longer periods now also , just got back from PEI for one week so it was nice visiting my mom and neice etc summer is here i have 2weeks vacation left looking forward to it for sure ! So how have you been Anu ? your dad still okay Iam hoping ?and the kids? well i wanted to say hello to you , I have thought about you the past months for sure, just wanted to drop a quick line to say hello and i hope all is going well for you and your family ! take care I will check back more often , if your not to busy on your end ... chow Love fm patricia ...
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Mon, Jun-19-06, 02:56
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 187/177/154 Female 5ft 6in
BF:
Progress: 30%

Hiya Patricia,
Where on EARTH did you pop out out of after so long? I was beginning to think you had thrown your computer into the trash! Anyways, great to hear from you and I'm very happy to know you're doing fine and your mum too!

Actually I've come to the site after quite a while too. I was away taking a vacation with my family. We went to a place called LADAKH in northern India which is very close to the Tibet Border. The average altitude there is 13,500ft above MSL, so you can imagine how COLD (brrrrr.....) it was out there! Most of the people in Ladakh are buddhists. It's a awesome place, truly beautiful and awe inspiring. Every stone, every leaf, every blade of grass seems to be steeped in spirituality! We drove over the highest motorable pass in the world - called Khardung-la- at a height of 18,380ft! It was a lovely holiday...pity it had to end!

Dad's fine. He's in the US with my sis till mid October. As for LC.....I'm keeping off the major carbs, but indulging in fruits. Even if I dont drop much weight, I find I feel a lot better physically and mentally if I eat less and easily digestible fruits at that. Let's see how it goes!

More later,

Anu
  #123   ^
Old Fri, Oct-27-06, 16:41

Plan: atkins
Stats: :(/:)/145 Female 5 feet 4
BF:
Progress:

Hello Anu, GUESS WHO!! hehehehehehe well i havent forgot about you just low carb ,been busy with work, life , and doing not much, travelling to visit with my mom a lot lately, she is not doing so well ,I visit when i can .I went back on low carb AGAIN been 13 days and I feel so MUCH better already i gained alot of my weight back my own fault , but the best thing is Iam back at it and on my way !! I was feeling blah and no energy not even to type back to you , so now Iam feeling good and hope to continue on ! So is your dad back yet from the states , your holiday sounds amazing to me , I would love to do that some day wow that would be nice ,well since i just got my password and all that I will snoop around on the board once again and get some support i think i hope your well there anu , have missed our chats and take care of yourself ! I will message back again sooner than later lol take care patricia
  #124   ^
Old Sat, Oct-28-06, 04:58
Registered Member

BF:

Heyloooooooooooooo stranger! great to have you back on this site and my thread! You sound cheerful and very upbeat...i'm very glad.

A lots been happening in my life too......after 30, yes THIRTY years, my old school pals decided to re-establish contact with whoever's still around/interested/alive! I got onto that band-wagon too and it's been real fun! Just discovered that some of my class mates live in Canada, US and other places in the western hemisphere! None of us really remember each other's faces or names and it's so strange to not know someone yet remember them faintly from waaaaay back! Like someone said....thickening waists or balding pates...lets get connected again folks! So, it's been really great and what's even better, the reference to thickening waists has provided a great incentive to climb back onto the LC wagon!! NOW, I'm waking up at 5 every morning and brisk walking for 40-45 minutes, measuring what I eat and feeling GOOOOD now!

I'll sign off now, and you KEEP in touch, OK? My best wishes to your mom....yes, Dad's back under my wing!
Bye, c'ya

Anu
  #125   ^
Old Sat, Oct-28-06, 08:03

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 296/178/150 Female 5'5"
BF:Much less
Progress: 81%

Does this post qualify as one of the longest running that is not a journal? I think it's great! Usually the long-running ones don't include many, if any, of the original posters.

Sunny!
  #126   ^
Old Sun, Oct-29-06, 22:05
Registered Member

BF:

Hiya Carol,
Nice of you to say so.....Patricia and I tend to use this a forum beyond LC. I hope the moderators don't mind!
Anu