Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Food Combining
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 13:15

Plan: Somersizing
Stats: 250/234/215 Female 71
BF:
Progress:
Default Holidays

Hello all! I've just completed my first month of Somersizing and have lost
16 pounds!!!

I have had a sciatica attack and have not been able to exercise at all
so I am very encouranged with initial weight loss.

My worry is the upcoming Thanksgiving Holiday. I will be cooking the usual Turkey dinner for my family. Any ideas on what will happen if I indulge in all the " fixins" except mashed potatoes and have 1 or 2 glasses of wine. I'm not worried about desert, I don't have a problem skipping that but I really don't think I'll be able to pass on the sausage
dressing.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-03, 18:41

Plan: My own
Stats: 166/147/140 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 73%

Hi Mtngal,
Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on 16 pounds in your first month!!!!! I lose slowly, so it has taken me 5 months to lose 11 pounds. Slow but sure. One thing you may want to try is Suzanne's sausage and mushroom dressing. It's in one of the books, I forget which one.

Sandy
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 14:59

Stats: 230/135/126 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 91%

Sausage & Mushroom Dressing is a great idea, Sandy. It's one of my favorites -the recipe is in Eat Great, Lose Weight. Last year for Thanksgiving, we deep-fried a turkey, had sausage & mushroom dressing, pureed celery root with gravy (thickened with Starch/not), KFC cole slaw (clone recipe), sugar-free jello with whipped cream and sugar-free pumpkin pie. My DIL went to great effort to find a sugar-free pie for me so I had to have a piece, even though it isn't legal on Somersing. I certainly didn't want to be rude (It was really good - LOL).
Suzanne Somers will be on HSN starting late tonight and is supposed to be presenting a Thanksgiving kit for Somersizers. When I find out more information on it, I will post it.

Abequa
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Nov-14-03, 09:14

Stats: 230/135/126 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 91%
Default Somersize Thanksgiving Kit

-from www.hsn.com:

Somersize Holiday Seasoning Set – 2 pack
Tired of going to all the trouble of Thanksgiving dinner and only getting marginal tasting food? Now you can have the most incredible tasting holiday dinner with Suzanne Somers' Holiday Seasoning Set! You get two perfectly seasoned rubs for your holiday bird, two seasoning packets for the most wonderful mushroom-sausage stuffing ever and two sweetening packets to make cranberry sauce with no refined sugars. It's holiday cooking made easy.

This seasoning 2-pack lets you serve the most delicious holiday feast and stay on your Somersize program throughout the season. Each of the two seasoning mix boxes contains enough seasoning to prepare a mouth-watering meal for about 12 people. The Poultry Rub covers a 12-15 pound bird - or even larger. If you're having fewer than a dozen guests, just use as much of the seasoning as you need and save the rest for later. If you're having more than a dozen guests, you'll need both boxes of seasoning for your holiday feast. And to help make the meal preparation goof-proof, easy recipes for the turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce are printed on the seasoning boxes.

To round out your feast, just make some green beans and mashed celery root and you have Thanksgiving dinner! Finish it off with Somersize Pumpkin Creme Brulee (sold separately - item #291770) and your Thanksgiving is complete. Here is what you receive:

· (2) 2 oz. Holiday Poultry Rubs - these are the exact herbs Suzanne uses to season her turkey. It's a savory blend of tarragon, sage, thyme, onion, garlic, a touch of rosemary and nutmeg, sea salt and black pepper

· (2) .75 oz. Mushroom-Sausage Stuffing Seasoning Mixes - a tasty mixture of tarragon, shallots, onion, garlic, sea salt and black pepper

· (2) 1.94 oz. Cranberry Sauce Seasoning Mixes - SomerSweet and a hint of orange zest make this a refreshing homemade cranberry sauce with no refined sugars!

$19.95 (shipping $6.95)

Somersize Pumpkin Crème Brulee

Sad to pass on your pumpkin pie? Now you can Somersize through the holidays and enjoy the flavor of pumpkin pie in this awesome "Pumpkin" Creme Brulee. This amazing set allows you to make Somersize crème brulee in just minutes. Crème brulee is a delicious custard topped with caramelized sugar. Crème brulee is a popular French dessert served in fine restaurants. This crème brulee is made with SomerSweet so you can enjoy it while you Somersize! This set includes two packages of Somersize pumpkin crème brulee mix (each package includes two pouches of custard mix and 2 pouches of topping). All you have to add is fresh cream! Each package makes four 1/2-cup servings, so you get 16 servings for only $14.95. . You can easily impress family and friends with this fabulous dessert - there are no cooking skills required!

Note: This is a Level One dessert. It has only 5 grams of carbohydrates per serving. A typical creme brulee made with sugar is about 30 grams of carbohydrates.

$14.95 (shipping $4.95)

- I am disappointed with the Thanksgiving kit. It seems quite expensive for small packets of spices. I may order the pumpkin creme brulee, but I won't be ordering the spice kit.