Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Apr-28-02, 17:55

Plan: atkins
Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%
Default hey Nat

LOL I know I know stop bugging me!! But just wanted U to look at something... I have just started using fitday to see if I am eating enough or too much so i wanted U to loo at my stats. saturday:calories 2327, fat:76% carbs:2%, protein:22% sunday: calories:2255, fat:69%, carbs:2%, protein:29% .....each days it say I am burning about 350 more calories than I am consuming. What do U think? My carbs seem a bit low but for example today I had flax-bran cereal, salad, and whole avocado with some tomatoes. Of course there is also a few hiddens carbs in there too.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Apr-29-02, 09:06

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Gale, how do you feel at those levels? What were you eating calorie/carb wise before you started working out like this? Has it changed? Do you feel hungrier?

If you maintain at 2500 calories then eating 300-500 below that consistently with the exercise will result in a deficit - assuming everything is working properly metabolism wise. You've been maintaining for a while now - did you keep track of calories/carbs/protein that whole time? If so you'll find playing with the numbers now eaiser.

Nat
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Apr-29-02, 13:50

BF:

Well lets see... I feel fine...about the same I did a couple months ago. I havent changed the amount I am eating or the calories either since I quit smoking or doing weights. The only difference I feel is my muscles, specifically my legs feel tired and swollen for obvious reason. I know its just a "have to give it time" 2 things that have happened that were good is...My son on firday was watching me workout [he is 6] He says "mom I wonder what U weigh?" I just reply "oh too much" he says " well U sure look skinny" LOL oh how I love him. Also I bought a pair of white shorts B 4 I quit smoking...tired them on this morning and they still fit the same so Im happy about that. Im just gonna stay off the scale completely for awhile ...that way I wont get moody..lol
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Apr-29-02, 18:29

BF:

Good idea about the scales I think you pretty much answered your own questions - which I was pretty sure you would do for me

Keep an eye on things - the shorts, the carbs, the protein - NOT on the scale. Then you can act/tweak accordingly. Sounds like everything is under control and running along smoothly to me!

N
  #20   ^
Old Fri, May-03-02, 08:53

BF:
Default update

Well, things seem to be running along smoothly. I started about 5 weeks ago with weights. The 1st 2 weeks tho, were with very light weights just to get used to the positions. I didnt feel much resistance with them. I have been using heavier weights now for 3 weeks. Altho I dont see much difference or my dreaded waist measurement hasnt gone down..lol At least I was happy to see that even tho I quit smoking 6 weeks ago and the scale says Im up six pounds as of last week....my clothes fit the same as they did B 4 i quit. Also, now this is a strange comment coming from a woman but my butt is bigger and thats a good thing..LOL I had a flat shapeless butt but now there is more form. So I am obviously gaining some lean muscle.
  #21   ^
Old Fri, May-03-02, 08:56

BF:
Default Re: update

Quote:
Originally posted by gwilson38
So I am obviously gaining some lean muscle.

WTG, Gale. This is something that Bobbie also experienced on her BFL challenge. Check out her results in the thread she started in this subforum. She finished off the 12 weeks up 4 lbs from where she started but measured smaller.

Nat