Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jul-31-17, 08:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 168/168/140 Male 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Weight & Age

Well as my years increase so does my waist line.
Looking to shed the pounds and get a little fitter
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jul-31-17, 15:16

Plan: Not sure yet
Stats: 160/152/140 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 40%

Hi Ta1ch1, welcome to forums. I'm new here too, so don't have any advice, but I'm also finding it's harder to keep weight off as the years go by. I like your geometric avatar (because I like geometry), but I'm wondering if I should recognize it from somewhere. I know it's not the Harry Potter ring, cloak, wand thing, e.g.! :-)
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Aug-04-17, 16:32

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: 154/135/122 Female 5 ft. 2 in.
BF:
Progress:

Hi Ta1ch1, I'm new here too. I do taichi on the days I don't do my two mile walk. Right now unable to even do the taichi due to back injury. Hoping it all straightens out soon.
Welcome.
YoungNana
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Aug-05-17, 02:09

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeKeenLass
Hi Ta1ch1, welcome to forums. I'm new here too, so don't have any advice, but I'm also finding it's harder to keep weight off as the years go by. I like your geometric avatar (because I like geometry), but I'm wondering if I should recognize it from somewhere. I know it's not the Harry Potter ring, cloak, wand thing, e.g.! :-)

#5   ^
Old Sat, Aug-05-17, 02:12

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungNana
Hi Ta1ch1, I'm new here too. I do taichi on the days I don't do my two mile walk. Right now unable to even do the taichi due to back injury. Hoping it all straightens out soon.
Welcome.
YoungNana

I became a Taichi instructor 15 years ago after learning and practising the art for a number of years after a spinal injury YoungNana. Smashed my coccyx, L1 and L2. But they had the technology and so it was rebuilt .
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Aug-05-17, 05:30

Plan: Keto
Stats: 232.8/190/165 Male 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 63%

I turn 70 in a couple weeks, and this is my second time doing low carb. July 10 I started at 256 and I am 235 right now. I got down to 165 in 2009, but I kind of gave up when I went to the doctor expecting to be taken off medication and I was diagnosed with AFIB. My head is screwed back on as I near retirement.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Aug-05-17, 05:40

Plan: atkins 20
Stats: 127.6/111/110 Female 5' 2"
BF:
Progress: 94%

Welcome Ta1ch1, I'm 66 in September, retired last September. This is my second time around, actually I have lost this same 20 pounds many times. I M O this is the best way, if carbs are the problem, than this is the solution. There is sons of support on this forum, good luck on your journey, stop by my journal sometime, ttyl, have a positive day,
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Aug-05-17, 08:29

Plan: Keto
Stats: 232.8/190/165 Male 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 63%
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta1ch1
I became a Taichi instructor 15 years ago after learning and practising the art for a number of years after a spinal injury YoungNana. Smashed my coccyx, L1 and L2. But they had the technology and so it was rebuilt .

I plan on starting Tai Chi when I retire in a few months along with Yoga. I messed with both before, but with all the free time I will have I want to concentrate on health. I will also do a lot of walking, strength training and meditation. These are all things I did in the not too distant past.
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Aug-06-17, 06:08

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazed1
I plan on starting Tai Chi when I retire in a few months along with Yoga. "strength training" and meditation. These are all things I did in the not too distant past.

Not too much muscle training, as it will interfere with the Taichi.
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Aug-06-17, 07:29
Doing My Best

Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%

Welcome. This is a wonderful forum and the people are supportive.

I'm 72 and have been using LC since 1972 to control my weight and support my good health. I'm very active and not on drugs.

I was plateaued for several years, not losing and thought it was this WOE, only to discover Dr. Fung's protocol in 2014. Now, I'm losing ounces, but steadily, having found what is best for my own body. The older we get, the more commitment seems required for success.

All things are possible.