Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2356   ^
Old Thu, Aug-17-17, 06:31

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Blue- I love that story of your Mom and the pics of you growing up, doing your thing, and then your Mom's response to you later on. I have already had a similar event with DS15, who INSISTED on long hair in late elementary school- he has beautiful wavy hair and went from wearing it "Beiber style" to more of a "lax bro" style. He would cry after a haircut if they took too much off. Lately he HATES pics from that time and asks me why didn't I make him get a haircut?! I just laugh and roll my eyes. He is doing something with his hair RIGHT NOW that he will be asking me the same question in about five years. Super short on the sides and back, and long on the top, wavy.

The tears for the DS18 boy will probably come but they aren't here yet. I think I am not quite grasping it. With DS15 in and out of the house so much this summer, I don't think I understand that DS18 will pretty much no longer be residing at home. Plus the fact that he isn't going to be far compounds it.

Love your description of 'gradually transitioning into Wonder Woman mode'- that makes perfect sense to me. You are getting there, you will get there, and rushing into it headlong would have meant that you weren't taking time to really process. One bite at a time, friend.

Jaz- What the heck?? I am glad it was a failed attempt! Do they have any security cameras around? Very glad you weren't home at the time, and I absolutely think you need additional security measures for when you ARE home.

Thank you for the picture of Baby Ava- she looks really good to me!

Lori- Your Dh is so cute. Love the name "Pappy" too. He is really into his grandsons and Little League! How many total grandkids are there? Ages? Any girls?

••••••••••

Leaving at 9:30 this morning to meet DD22 and three of her bridesmaids for bridal gown shopping. Two stores today and one tomorrow. I am looking forward to it, I'm pretty sure. lol I'll report back how it all went.

DS18 is having a hard time. When we went to the Dr on Monday with his recurring rash, the Dr was asking if he had a sore throat or anything. At the time he did not. But he has gotten progressively sicker over the past two days. Waiting for blood test results- viral, strep, EBV etc. Poor kid had to drag himself in to work today because he couldn't find a sub so I loaded him up with two advil and gave him two more to take at lunch. He was pretty pissed about going in, but until we know what we're working with, and with no fever etc, that's just life.

Not too much else to report!
Sponsored Links
  #2357   ^
Old Thu, Aug-17-17, 09:04

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Nic.....4 grandkids.....ALL boys! I'm dying to buy something pink! Ages:
14(2 of them-one is Step), 13 & 8. Funny the boys don't call DH Pappy anymore...he has gotten the nickname "Rone". It is a long story, but it is kind of cute. We are still trying to figure out how to spell it. Roan, Rone, Rhone? It was derived from a Macaroni incident, so I go with Rone.

Trip to Dermatologist was good. He said the cream I used to kill the basal cell carcinoma worked well and no further treatment is required. I am left with a "dent" where the cancer was and he said that is unusual to have a scar....lucky me. I'm one of 5% of the population that gets a scar. He said if I would have had it surgically removed, it would have left a big scar and possibly made my nose crooked. Ugh. Thank goodness the cream worked, although it was ugly while it was killing the cancer. He will keep a close eye on the area each year when I go for my full body skin cancer check.

When I got home I had a message from Dick's Sporting Goods. It sounds like I'm going to have a job there if I decide I want it. She has asked me to reapply in September as the system purges all applications in August and she will lose my app. and wants to be sure to have me in the system. She indicated that she feels that I'm a good candidate. I think it could be fun for the winter as I love golf, sports and fitness clothes. If I hate it, I'll say "See Ya!"

Ok..enough of my yammering. I have some laundry to throw in the dryer.

Later!
  #2358   ^
Old Thu, Aug-17-17, 16:35

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Lori- I think That sounds fun! You love sports- so to work in that world for just a temp- part time thing for the winter time comes right up your ally.
As active as you are - when the weather turns you will be looking for indoor activities!
How was boot camp this morning? I have got to get on that bandwagon.

Leeann- have you had the DS- tested for Mono? I think my son had that about the time he was 21. Anyway it went undignosed

I am so excited to her about DD dress shopping . I HAVE BEEN WAITING!!!!!! Yea!
BTW- how is your WOE going? I haven't heard you talk much about it. Means- you are humming along or not talking! HEHEH

KMOM- hope you are still doing well!

Trig- no shopping huh? she should get on it. Are there any shops she could do online?
You sound so good- humming alone- doing your thing. Warrior strong!
Are you still in your pool a lot? I think it has almost been too hot!

Blue- Hey there- not much to add from this morning post. Except I did take your advice about writing something in ANGER and hitting the SEND button! Thank you!
------------------------------------------------
I have cooled down dramatically from this morning. Am I angry yes- feel I was disrespected yes. Could I knock this down a few notches- yes.
I don't need to work myself into that frenzy. I have a police report- so there is a record.
I will move when my lease up next March- when I can afford to. I just plan for that and take precautions. Nope no cameras here believe it or not!

My daughter said things are good! So they hubby and Noah are all adjusting into their new normal for right now. I will see them not this weekend as they get settled- but the next.

Had all day state meeting today. Meaning that everyone from all over the state cam in for the annual quarterly meeting. Everyone stands up and speaks. Wait- BIG WIGS stand up to spout their good deeds. Then lunch was served.
Lots of LC choices!!!!! Got salad and salmon.

Getting back into my new normal- I have a granddaughter! I am now feeling it is real and going to be OK!!!!!! Omg I just loved her little self- with thunder thighs! She is now 2 pounds.

Working tomorrow from the apt as they have things to fix and a door to repair.

Chili for dinner- was all I could muster. Just not feeling it. AND I bought it. To dam tired to cook, picked out beans.
  #2359   ^
Old Thu, Aug-17-17, 18:30

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

One of my best friends died this morning. She had been fighting cancer for 3 1/2 years and I was one of her main support people. We talked almost every day. It was not expected as she was responding to chemo and trying a natural treatment to boost her immune system. Something must have ruptured or something. She was weak and under 100 pounds. So feeling kind of yuck right now. There is a pit in my stomach.

Will post more tomorrow.

Did very well eating today.

K-Mom 10x3
  #2360   ^
Old Fri, Aug-18-17, 02:56

BF:

Oh KMom......so sorry for the loss of your friend. What a punch in the gut when it appeared she was responding to treatment. I hope you have many fond memories that you can hold close to your heart. ((Hugs))
  #2361   ^
Old Fri, Aug-18-17, 04:43

BF:

Good Morning- Quick post as I will be back later.

KMOM- I am sorry. Sometimes words are lame. ((((((((HUGS)))))))
Those kind of people are special to us. I have one too.
Glad your eating is doing well.

Lori- are you fully back into bootcamp?

Humming along-
DD and Ava- healing and growing. No news right now is good news.
She did say however the Ronald McDonald house is beautiful and very supportive of her!

Gotta run
  #2362   ^
Old Fri, Aug-18-17, 04:58

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Jaz happy all is going well for your DD and family!!

KM, oh that is shocking news for you
Sending condolences and prayers!! So sad!

Hi guys
quickie here
I run here and there getting some stuff done.
hubby day off, meeting care provider for Cap?machine and oxygen machine etc. at his mom's house today. Has to work overtime tomorrow for friend who's Dad had heart attack and needs off...the guys cover each other thru these things.

busy day but will stop to swim thru it at some point.
my pool is in 'perfect sparkling wonderful great' mode right now and I am taking advantage LOL

Got nice NY strips for low prices yesterday.
Key to them for me, since their taste is on the low end for me, is to barely cook them....yea I go super rare on NY strips cause that is the only way they taste good to me But bought a few packs and filled freezer. At least when I need meat I got these.

Bought a few whole chickens. Cooler weather I love throwing a whole chicken in and at .89/lb I had to grab some.

great day all
  #2363   ^
Old Fri, Aug-18-17, 06:17

BF:

Good Morning!

Home from boot camp, showered and collapsed into my recliner with another cup of coffee. It is almost too hot for coffee......humidity to the max! Ugh!

Boys are still sleeping. I think they're going to putter around the house today and maybe go to a local pond to do some fishing with Pappy. The weather is looking too iffy to travel to the Little League games today. Off and on showers and T storms. Yuck.

Jaz...so glad to hear that baby Ava is growing and getting stronger. Amazing!

Trig...sounds like you'll have a busy day. I don't often cook steaks at home as I always tend to be disappointed. I really need to figure it out. Plus, we don't have a gas grill, so throwing steaks on the grill is a real chore of dragging out the charcoal grill, letting it burn down etc.

Not sure what I'll get into today. Probably not much, to tell you the truth. It's too darn hot!

Any plans for the weekend? I'm heading to the golf course both days. It's been so long since I've played much at all. A tournament on Sunday....OY...2 person teams. I pity my partner! Hope she doesn't plan on winning!

Have a good day......smile!
  #2364   ^
Old Fri, Aug-18-17, 07:28

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Having trouble with this site. Yesterday too. The ad from the bottom of the page (video) makes the page jump around. I cannot hold it on a post to read it. Anyone else having this problem?
  #2365   ^
Old Fri, Aug-18-17, 08:14

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kauaimom
Having trouble with this site. Yesterday too. The ad from the bottom of the page (video) makes the page jump around. I cannot hold it on a post to read it. Anyone else having this problem?

I sometimes experience that KMom.....so frustrating! Usually I can get it to "settle" by scrolling up and down a few times.
  #2366   ^
Old Fri, Aug-18-17, 15:36

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi gals,

((((K-mom))))---I am so sorry to hear about your friend passing. The dictionary is not generous when it comes to words for such heart break. The loss of a good friend, no matter whether expected or not, leaves one feeling bereft in a way not easily spoken. God speed to you my friend, in crying along with the memories, and thru the tears feeling the presence and gift of that friendship. We all want to live again in our loved one's memories someday.

Jaz---"Healing and growing." There could not be two more hopeful words for Ava and Mama. Makes me sigh with happy.

Trigger---The pool is sparkling and perfect! I want to be there.

I too love a good roast chicken in the fall. Hubby makes one stuffed w/garlic and lemons, and topped w/bacon that is out of this world.

Nic---OK, need DETAILS on the wedding dress outing!

How is your son w/the rash? My son tended to get a rash w/ a strep throat.

Lori---Thanks for the tip on scrolling up and down a bit, as I was recently having the same problem K-mom was having.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SO glad it's Friday afternoon. This week was so dang busy and my head was spinning so fast everything felt a bit blurred.

Couple things stand out though. First and foremost I MUST GET A GRIP ON MY EATING, yes, cap locks called for. Last week I was stressed and not hungry and ate so lightly I wondered where me went. This week whoever that gal was disappeared and I found myself dancing on a banana peel, on, off, on, off.

No binging, but my usual ability to get back on the woe after a treat turned more into a snafu than a snap. I've felt like I'm trying to get a grip on a mud slide. Grab, slide, grab slide.

On plan today and it feels good. None of the jaunty confidence and assumptions I'm used to making about my abilities to stay on plan. Just get up and seize the day, one of 'em at a time. For now.

Other thing is holy moly gals, is anyone else watching "Ozark?" on Netflix. Man oh man, what a series! Hubby and I have been doing the big escape binge with it, and it just grabs you by the shirt and does NOT let go. HIGHLY recommend if you like a good thriller.
  #2367   ^
Old Fri, Aug-18-17, 16:38

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey Ladies!

I am here, I am exhausted! Two days in a row of dress shopping from pretty much 9-5, plus that is a whole lot of "peopling" for me to deal with. Still and all, it was fun, and at the end of day two she did indeed choose a dress and it is beautiful and she will look stunning!

SEVERE rain storm coming home today and I do mean severe, and I am a Texas Girl so I know all about big storms. I actually pulled off the road into a parking lot and sat out about ten minutes of it. I think I was right in the cell of it because the lighting and thunder were continuous there for a while.

Blue- I am on that mudslide with you and in a big way the last couple of days. Hoo boy has there been celebratory eating going on and with all 20-somethings too! Ugh.

KMom- So terribly sorry to hear that you had such shocking and sad news. My heart goes out to you. The site hasn't been acting wonky for me at all.

Jaz- SO glad that Ava and your DD and her family are all doing well. I know Ava will hit some bumps here and there but with a loving family and good medical care I am sure she will continue to grow and thrive. Two pounds already!

Lori- Iron skillet makes a great steak! Just get it screaming hot and go for it!

Trig- that is the way I eat NY strip too. Ribeye is my fave but I would eat strip for the right price!
  #2368   ^
Old Sat, Aug-19-17, 05:28

BF:

Good Morning!

Up and just about time to get ready to head to the golf course. Seems like forever since I've been there! Anxious and nervous at the same time. Sure hope I can hit the dang ball!

Nic...dress shopping sounds fun & exhausting! Hope we get to see some pics.

Grandsons went home last evening. Man the house seems quiet. The little one(8) was really being a pistol yesterday afternoon. He acts up to get attention from the older 2. When you're with him one on one, he's such a little man with a great vocabulary & so cute, but when the older boys are around he's a pip!

Scale is still low, so I'm a happy girl. Up a pound from my low the other week, but still doing ok. DH wants to have sweet corn tonight. OY....I will have an ear or 2. It is seasonal, after all.

Ok.....time to run. "See" you all later!
  #2369   ^
Old Sat, Aug-19-17, 06:42

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori, yea the propane grills are so much easier, I hear ya on that. Alot of my steak is in the house. I smoke out the house literally LOL I just heat up some butter to super hot, cut any steak into strips and flash fry and keep it tender and juicy and wonderful. Not sure if ya want to go that way but with me eating meat only I have to find easy ways to get it done and eat up

Nicco, she found a dress...ahhh, I can't wait to see pics from this wedding you will share. Fun exciting times for all! Love it!

Blue, you are doing great, you hold strong. Only good will come to you guys! Decisions have to happen and we move forward, all we can do.

Ozarks, hubby is watching, I haven't yet. Still on other series right now...too much good stuff to watch

KM, no problems with the site for me (yet) but so far so good. Hope it all clears for you

Jaz, ya doing ok?? Hope all is fine!!!

HI GUYS
off to get kids eyebrows done later
offered her a 'teen facial' but she declined, ok cheaper for me

sun, clouds, storms, who knows. just letting the day come as it does, will try to swim at some point in this day

got a NY strip steak to eat later
not sure what to defrost for dinner, have to check the freezer in a bit and get something defrosted

just doing, being, getting by and letting it happen

nothing much more
great day all
  #2370   ^
Old Sat, Aug-19-17, 07:04

BF:

Love a busy thread! Good Saturday Morning to you all!

I had to laugh- I always back up a few posts that I have read- and then work my way back down. I get to TRIGS's post about chicken and cooler weather, followed by LORI's post on the humidity, followed by LEANN'S post about the storm! I just see stuff that way- had me smiling.

So in Order- as I read them-
Trig- I have very envious of your pool. Happy for you though! I love a sparkling pool when it is "just right". Nothing better!
Our community pool has closed indefinitely due to bacteria. I have put away my pool chair and suit- until next year. I am pooled out- then to hear that- gross.
Love you got a freezer full of steak.
Being that you are not far from me- do you know of any farms that sell the cow? Not being funny- I will get to the WHY part on my turn.

Lori- It is so dang humid here I am not liking even being outside. So humid in fact I have condensation on my windows on the INSIDE from my AC running full blast.
How you can go play golf in it I am not sure. But good for you! I am going to do a video today- a stretch one from the library. Do you stretch a lot?

Leeann- Ok- so DETAILS DETAILS about the DRESS PLEASE!!!! I think it's so exciting- yes and tiring! And all that!!!!You have a lot going on right now with your kids.
You pick up DS15 tomorrow right? And DS18 leaves in a week? Then everything settles down for a minute.

KMOM- That annoying ad at the bottom- yes I have had issues in the past but not lately. I usually pop out and come back in- And I am fine.
How are you feeling these days?

Blue- It has been a whirl of a week. I am in that with you! I hear you SO loud and clear on that mudslide- I think I took the first plunge- and the rest of you followed suit! Except TRIG and Lori!
"Ozark"- is on my "list to start next.
I am finishing a series called Drop Dead Diva- It is just ok. But I sorta wanna see how it ends.
It's about this really hot blond dies and as she is being "processed"- she hits the RETURN button and comes back into the body of a fat brown haired woman lawyer. Very hokey - but amusing.
So when I finish that one I will start Ozark.

I am glad you are still working. Speaking of- is your DS, liking his new job? Plus I am sure he is glad to be back home.
---------------------------------------------
All-
I was given a link that I can watch baby Ava from 1-4 everyday. I am so loving that. I get to watch her grow. Then in 2 weeks- when she is a bit stronger we will be able to watch her 24/7. I take that to mean she will be so much more stable.

My DD- is feeling really good and is almost a week out now- and doing well. We are SO glad she was able to delivery without a c-section on top of everything else. So at least that is such a huge blessing.
Plus having the family together in the Ronald McDonald house is huge. She was missing her hubby and 2 year old Noah. What a cutie he has become. All good!

Work- humming along. We are now fully staffed. The atmosphere has turned from toxic- to peaceful and happy. It is so refreshing to hear people laughing and PRODUCTIVE! Nice!
Our team was recognized in a ALL STAFF state wide meeting for collaboration. The VP- actually talked about my project and gave me kuddo's for it. I was happy. Everybody wants to be told they do well when they do. I do the same for my staff. It just works better.

Ok- now for the nitty gritty. I need to come clean. I have not been doing well. I am really struggling in my WOE. I have got to clean it up.
I think my world was turned upside down from watching that movie WHAT THE HEALTH. I started it and turned it off as rubbish. The first part of it was just flat stupid. They tried to say chicken causes diabetes. We all know that is just flat wrong!
So I blew the rest of it off.
The issue is- I have had so many people I know finish the movie then want to talk about it. So in fairness- I did finish it. I wanted to be informed enough to have those discussions. The problem is it rocked my world.
I have not had meat for almost 10 days now.
I just know I can't go back to just careless eating of meat or dairy. OMG- the portion on dairy totally cured my want of cheese.

So I have be trying to stay under 20 total carb- by increasing veggies and eating fish, crab, shrimp, and had lentil soup. I know that low carb is the key.
You all have heard me preach at length about it's all about the insulin and it is.
White, processed bread, flour, sugar, starch has no business on anyone's plate.

I have been eating a lot of salads- and picked up that protein powder as well. But I can see me getting really bored very fast. I have seriously lost my taste for animals.

So back to my question to TRIG. I MIGHT be able to think about buying a half a cow- from an organic farm that is grass fed and humanely butchered. I need to look into that. As well as chicken.
So there ya have it- Fish- fish- fish- salad- shakes. And one bowl of lentil soup. Sorta sucks.

I will be looking on the internet to see what is out there where I can stay LC- and get what I need to be happy. Because I am not happy right now with food in general.
Suggestions? Has anyone else seen this movie? If so - what are your thoughts. If you have not seen it- to stay happy in your WOE- don't watch it.

Ok- I have a ton to do on this beautiful Saturday morning. Sunny and HOT here again today.

Oh.... very last thing promise! I totally cut off Mr. Big- just can't deal with all that right now. I have bigger fish to fry.
Ok- done
Closed Thread