Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#976   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-14, 08:19
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
tomorrow is my 11th Planniversary! It has been an amazing 11 years.
The first year was like a miracle- changing the way I ate transformed my health and my body. I weighed what I did in college when I ran daily- and I felt AMAZING. Lots of energy, no aches and pains (once I got used to bones and elbows and hips sticking out in places they had not stuck out before!)- amazing.

The last 10 years of maintaining has not been a walk in the park (hi Judy!!)- it is a DECISION to stay on this WOL. It is SO TEMPTING to eat the SAD- so tempting to have all the carbs presented in restaurants, on the street, at friend's houses. But I continue to choose ME. I'm more important than a frozen yogurt, or my friend's feelings if I don't eat her scones at 3 pm (or anytime for that matter). Travel and being away from my home present different challenges- I can't have a hot dog on the street with a bun, or a falafel sandwich in pita, or a pretzel or donut or ice cream (the list could go on and on). So instead I have the hot dog without the bun on a piece of aluminum foil, the gyro meat on a plate, the nuts from the bag I carry, a club soda or a bottle of water, and an iced coffee or hot coffee- black. I am choosing ME- my health, my body.
Things have changed in 10 years. My weight crept up with too many carbs, changes in meds, and ( I swear) just aging. Carb creep is a real thing for me- I have to pull myself back sometimes and be honest that I'm eating too many carbs or having too many foods I can't eat on a regular basis. I think of maintaining as a process- still learning and still evolving.

I still am not as comfortable with my body as I'd like to be- as I've written here - I know I don't see myself as I really look. I LOVE this body and hope I treat it well- a different issue for me than my body image. Still working on this too.

I want to thank this site- I don't know how I could have done this without the support, information and SPACE this place gives me. I know none of you know me or have met me (except Judy- one of my inspirations!)- but thank you.
Now- on to year 12!!!
E
Sponsored Links
  #977   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-14, 12:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 169.2/137/149 Female 69inches
BF:
Progress: 159%

Congratulations,Eno!!!!!!! you've done amazing...struggle and all...soooo encouraging!!!! You and Judy are amazing testimony that long term this works and maintenance is possible......if you keep working your plan!! Thank you!
  #978   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-14, 13:53
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Congrats, Eno! On yet another successful year!

You are my inspiration too!
  #979   ^
Old Sat, Oct-18-14, 21:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 169.2/137/149 Female 69inches
BF:
Progress: 159%

Ok dear friends on the maintainers thread......how do you know when you've lost enough??!!