Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-05-08, 23:41

Plan: Atkins maintenance
Stats: 170/120/130 Female 65 inches & shrinking
BF:
Progress: 125%
Default Victoria April lunch/dinner

A super turn-out for tonite's dinner (Jude, Steph, Janet, Lauren and yours truly), although we're still missing a couple of important members! Julie ... sure hope everything's OK and you were just held up longer than you expected. Anny - I'm thinking you're working too hard - they're taking advantage of your good nature. Lauren, it was super to meet you ... I sure hope you'll become a regular!

At this point John's and my plans have changed a bit and I'm not sure when I'm available for April (certainly later rather than early) - you might all just have to come up with a compatible day and if I'm here, I'll join you. April is one of our busy months!

Anyhow, the April thread's started !!!

Glenda
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Mar-06-08, 10:11

Plan: LC w/o "counting" carbs.
Stats: 320/259/185 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 45%

I had fun last night...(although the scale jumped up a pound...hmmmm....it's that dang RR salt again...)

Julie...I hope all is well and we get to see you soon!

Any evening in April is fine for me after the 5th...

So nice to see everyone! Jude, I put my website in my siggy line...but this morning it had disappeared...so you'll have to go to my profile to see it!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Mar-06-08, 10:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 156/146.8/139 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%

I am so sorry I missed you all last night. I got Jude's message at 6 (and called her back) but it was too late to join you as I still needed to go home first.

Being in Winnipeg in -19 Sunday - Tueday must have frozen my brain because it was in my calendar for today not yesterday.

Glad to hear our group is growing and I will look forward to meeting Lauren next time.

BTW Glenda - I'm off on vacation this week - three whole days plus the weekend without working - are ya proud of me?

My April calendar isn't bad - - - yet....

Julie
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Mar-06-08, 19:44

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousesmom
Being in Winnipeg in -19 Sunday - Tueday must have frozen my brain because it was in my calendar for today not yesterday.

Winnipeg has always done that to me - never been there when it's that cold! I have been in Cache Creek at 20 below F. and in Fort St. John at 30 below but never with the windchill that Winnipeg gets. I was reminded on that occasion that F. and C. meet at -40!!

Quote:
BTW Glenda - I'm off on vacation this week - three whole days plus the weekend without working - are ya proud of me?
My April calendar isn't bad - - - yet.... Julie

Julie, I'm always proud of you! I could hardly be prouder if I was your mother (oops .... sorry! I meant if you were my daughter!!) What in hell is a vacation?

Looking at my calendar, it looks like we'll actually be in Victoria April 16 or 17 until the 23, and then from 28 to 30. That's not much of a window, so don't plan around my schedule this month!!

In the meantime, hugs to you all! Glenda
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Mar-06-08, 23:28

Plan: Suzanne Somers, Somersize
Stats: 165/164/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 3%

Hello fellow Victorians! I am new to this board, but I am very excited to see other people from Victoria on here
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Mar-07-08, 10:18

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by glendarc
Julie, I'm always proud of you! I could hardly be prouder if I was your mother (oops .... sorry! I meant if you were my daughter!!) What in hell is a vacation?

Looking at my calendar, it looks like we'll actually be in Victoria April 16 or 17 until the 23, and then from 28 to 30. That's not much of a window, so don't plan around my schedule this month!!

In the meantime, hugs to you all! Glenda

aww shucks..... maybe you should adopt me Glenda.....

I'm learning that a vacation is where I don't read work related email and I sleep in until 7 AM.

So far the dates you are here, so am I.

Julie
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Mar-07-08, 10:19

BF:
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascentia
Hello fellow Victorians! I am new to this board, but I am very excited to see other people from Victoria on here

Welcome Ascentia! There's a wonderful group of us here. Hope you can join us for lunch or dinner sometime.

Julie
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Mar-07-08, 13:06

Plan: LC w/o "counting" carbs.
Stats: 320/259/185 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 45%

Quote:

"WELCOME." I too, hope you can join our group! I'm fairly new as well!
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Mar-07-08, 21:08
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandollar
...So nice to see everyone! Jude, I put my website in my siggy line...but this morning it had disappeared...so you'll have to go to my profile to see it!

There's a very precise amount of space (vertical mostly), did you know that? Perhaps both the pic and the sig line don't fit...or maybe I've just been grandfathered all these years having got permission a lifetime ago...hmmmmm, forgot about that thing, bet it's in the Terms & Conditions.

Oh well.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Mar-07-08, 21:09
Registered Member

Quote:
I am so sorry I missed you all last night. I got Jude's message at 6 (and called her back) but it was too late to join you as I still needed to go home first...
Julie

My bad! This getting up at 5 sucks, and everything flies out of my head...I should have posted about that as soon as I got home. Sorry, Julie, I didn't hear the ring at all (and not surprising, considering the decibel level in that place).

Sigh.
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Mar-07-08, 21:12
Registered Member

Quote:

Howdy doody, Ascentia!

Glad you're here...
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Mar-07-08, 22:48

BF:

Hi ascentia ... it seems I'm late to the welcome party, but I'm as glad as the rest to see you here. Looking forward to meeting you in person at one of our lunch/supper meetings. Right now, it seems that supper works better for those who don't have a scheduled mid-day break - but, if that doesn't fit your schedule, we'll try to work something different to accomodate all of us! These monthly get-togethers are becoming more important all the time ... at least, to ME they are!!!

Glenda
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Mar-08-08, 07:54

BF:

I really love our get togethers too! It is so nice to talk about LC (ok, and a lot of other stuff) with people who really get it!!!

One can never have too many friends!

Julie
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Mar-08-08, 07:56

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandGirl
My bad! This getting up at 5 sucks, and everything flies out of my head...I should have posted about that as soon as I got home. Sorry, Julie, I didn't hear the ring at all (and not surprising, considering the decibel level in that place).

Sigh.

I know what you mean about RR being loud - try adding hearing impairment to it (which is prolly why I missed YOUR call)!!!!! The great irony of my life is people think I am such a great listener LOL

Next time...

Julie
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Mar-08-08, 09:05

Plan: Suzanne Somers, Somersize
Stats: 165/164/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 3%

Thanks everyone! What a great idea to all get together for dinner! Dinner definitely works better for me than lunch would.

This is my 2nd go at LC, the first time it worked SO well. 20 pounds in less than 2 months. This time It's very important to me to loose weight because I am getting married in less than 5 months. For a little motivation I ordered my wedding dress a size smaller....so im hoping by my fitting appointment in June that I will need them to take it in!

Wish me luck!