Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-03, 04:12
Registered Member

Plan: adkins
Stats: 240/205/145
BF:
Progress: 37%
Thumbs up Today is my first day at this!

Today will be my first day on the Adkins diet and I'm so excited
I need all information and help I can get. I'm so glad that I found all of you.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-03, 04:22
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%
Smile

Hi ShirleyAnn, welcome!

Have a good look around this great site. There's a lot of info here to help. You could start with the orange bar at the top of the screen, especially "Low Carb Tips."

Another good spot to check is "Hot Links" - a collection of previous threads where many questions have been asked and answered. You'll find Hot Links in the Newbies' Questions forum.

Happy low carbing!

Rosebud
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-03, 07:23

Stats: 160/160/140
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi Shirely Ann (pretty name)

I am on day three today of my second attempt at Attkins. I just wanted to wish you well. You have every right to feel excited because you are going to be amazed at the results.

Good luck!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-03, 08:06

Plan: No sugar, junk, wheat or starch. Sub 40 carbs per day. Added fruit for carbs during OWL = V Happy
Stats: 220/180/170 Male 182 cm
BF:29/17/16
Progress: 80%
Talking

Its my first post also. This site is excellent and a credit to the low carb WOL.

I am not too overweight but my problem was that I have always tended to store my fat around my neck and face, which made me appear a lot bigger than I was. I always suspected that this was some kind of allergic reaction or something like. I also suffered from exhema, dyhoria and indigestion.

Since being on Atkins all these problems (and others) have disappeared. I feel wonderful and liberated in that I can eat without guilt and eat with the confidence that my body is responding in such a positive manner.

I decided not advertise the fact I'm on an Atkins variant diet to my friends as I'd rather let the results prompt positive response and interest in time. I believe this approach adds incentive.

I would also like to add that I as an Earth scientist, I feel that the whole low vs. high carb debate has parallels with earlier scientific bombshells delivered by such greats a Darwin and Galileo. The bottom line is that science evolves and that a scientific hard fact is a misnomer. Scientists should always think outside of the box to the ends of advancing knowledge. Science should not ever have the arrogance to consider itself indisputable; a fact that is lost on most intuitionalists today.

Regards to all and good luck with this new WOL; it certainly seems to work.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-03, 08:10

Plan: No sugar, junk, wheat or starch. Sub 40 carbs per day. Added fruit for carbs during OWL = V Happy
Stats: 220/180/170 Male 182 cm
BF:29/17/16
Progress: 80%

Sorry did I say intuitionalists, I meant nutritionists ( fraudian slip). LOL
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-03, 09:16

Stats: 222/194/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 45%

Hi! This is also my first day! Good luck and maybe we can offer each other encouragement along the way!!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-03, 14:42

Plan: WIN! (my own plan)
Stats: 172/150/123 Female 63 inches
BF:
Default Atkins Winners!

jules32 ~ smilin' atcha' ~ dedmondson ~ smilin' atcha' ~ ShirleyAnn ~ smilin' atcha' ~ CatherineT~ smilin' atcha' and Rosebud ~ smilin' atcha'

Hi!

I'm glad to see so many Atkins Winners! Already you're a winner because you are implementin' ANA into your life.

Whether one of us is just startin' out towards our weight goal, or close to achievin' it, we all share one thing in common ~ we're on the right path to better health both now and in our futures!

Keep smilin' and change every stumblin' block into a steppin' stone!

Ridin' the waves of this JoyousSea with all of you!

Many Blessings and Happy New Year 2003!

n0ah
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-03, 15:21

Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Smile Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the forum!

I think you’ll find this to be a wonderfully supportive community. I know it’s a lifeline for me…

Have fun navigating around the site. You’ll find things well organized and links to a wealth of information.

Good luck to you!

Donald
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-03, 19:09
Registered Member

BF:
Wink Thanks everyone

I was so excited this evening to log on and see so many replies! I've had a great day but I understand it's only the first day.... Thank you all so much for support and friendship on here. God bless you all.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Jan-17-03, 11:31
Registered Member

BF:
Default 5 days!!!

Today is day 5 and I'm still doing good. I've managed to even work 2 double shifts this week and still stay on my plan of eating.
I can't tell you how much I enjoy reading all of the articles on this forum. Even though my BF does not like the amount of time that I'm now spending on the internet...lol
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Jan-22-03, 19:09

Plan: WIN! (my own plan)
Stats: 172/150/123 Female 63 inches
BF:
Default Hi ShirleyAnn

Hi there!

Has the BF kept you away?

As long as you are keepin' up the good work and continuin' to lose weight and inches, that is what's important.

Stay steady on your course!

Many Blessings
n0ah