Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Everywhere
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#226   ^
Old Wed, May-11-05, 08:02

Plan: Atkins,PP
Stats: 202/147/120
BF:
Progress: 67%

Hi Carmosin,

Are you an exhibitor in CommunicAsia? Well spending most of your time at expo is tiring, and personally I dont really like the food available there. There is a Burger king, food courts. I was so sick of Burger king when i was at expo for a few days consecutively.

Low carb food in Singapore will be limited to Cafe such as Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf as I know of now...where they really have low carb dishes. Else, most of the dishes contain rice, bread or noodles. One way is to order western food dishes, Chinese Economy rice with less rice (if you asked for no rice they will charge you more, believe me)....else if you got the time to eat ...get a whole roasted chicken and bring back to hotel.

The usual few dishes I had gone for were satay, chicken chop, roasted chicken, KFC, Mac, Burger King...

If not, if you can take raw fish, have sashimi at Japanese Restaurants.

But to make ur life easier, you should opt for more vegetables if you cant get a total low carb meal.

I had a german friend whom I was her tourguide during Chinese New year, literally I went the whole of Singapore within one week with her. Depending on what you are after....scenic, shopping, eating etc...

My german friend bought some empty CD-Rs and an Ashley Simpson's CD...she told me its cheaper here. She loved the sights of Chinese Garden and my mom... Do visit the Chinese Heritage Centre at Chinatown, a very good museum which has wonderful heritage displays...

hope these help
Sponsored Links
  #227   ^
Old Thu, May-19-05, 21:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 154/147.4/125 Male 160cm
BF:
Progress: 23%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMeerkat
Hi tristan, I've got your number... I've never used the inbox on this board, but thanks for posting it up. You might want to edit that post and remove your number for privacy reasons.

i'm now back in yangon. can u msg the total amount and ur account number (POSB or OCBC) to 91801275? i will then transfer the money to u first... and collect it from u when i'm back to singapore... probably in June....
  #228   ^
Old Thu, May-19-05, 21:38

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMeerkat
Hi tristan, I've got your number... I've never used the inbox on this board, but thanks for posting it up. You might want to edit that post and remove your number for privacy reasons.

i'm now back in yangon. can u msg the total amount and ur account number (POSB or OCBC) to 91801275? i will then transfer the money to u first... and collect it from u when i'm back to singapore... probably in June....
  #229   ^
Old Sat, May-28-05, 02:31

Plan: low calorie
Stats: 67/61/57 Female 168cm
BF:
Progress:
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmosin
This is somewhat off topic, I'm sorry.

I am going to Singapore 5th june-19th june and I'm going to stay at a hotel, so I won't be able to cook my own food. I have two questions, first of all I would like to know if there are any (low-carb) restaurants you'd recommend.

Secondly I wonder which the "must see" things are? I am going to spend most of my time at the Expo (Communicasia), but I'll have 2 weekends to check out the sights

Kind regards

/Jenny

Hi Carmosin,

You might wanna check out this health eatery call AIWO - Food for Life at Raffles City Shopping Centre, #02-20. Quite convenient for you to travel down with our public transport (MRT train from S'pore Expo and stop at City Hall Mrt station).

They are serving low-calorie & tasty cuisines. Quite a revolutionary concept with different 50 calorie dishing served over conveyor belt (hot) so that you can keep track of your calorie intake each meal. They prepare their food using only Extra Virgin Olive Oil and no sugar.

THey also have wide range of ala carte dishes as well as "Sinless" desserts to complete each meal with a smile. Try their Sinless Choco Brownie with Strawberry Soy Ice-Cream! Sugarfree but they are using only Splenda 0 calorie sweetener. Yummy!

THey have been receiving excellent reviews and features by media/press. Do check out. By the way, their conveyor menu changes every single day so that you will not get sick of eating healthy everyday! Check out their website: Website: www.aiwo.com.sg
  #230   ^
Old Thu, Jun-02-05, 01:04

BF:

anybody know if guardian sell stevia? it's available in Malaysia guardian... call greenlite...

#231   ^
Old Tue, Jul-19-05, 02:56
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 135/-/110 Female 5'2"
BF:40%/30.7%/20%
Progress:

Hi everybody! Just started on Atkins last monday. SO far I've only lost a kilo

I have been messaging ont he newbies forums. I didn't know ther was a SG specific one here!

This site is a godsend.
  #232   ^
Old Mon, Feb-27-06, 07:14

Stats: 110/97/90 Female 170
BF:
Progress:

are there still any active atkins-doers here in SG?

i've fallen off the atkins bandwagon for almost 1 year now (and gained 7kg) since.

i've just rebooted myself last wed (22 Feb) and had lost 2kg since... so far, i've been trying to do low-carb rather than gg thru the whole induction stage again

any chance of another SG low-carbers makan meet-up anytime soon
  #233   ^
Old Mon, Feb-27-06, 07:14

Stats: 110/97/90 Female 170
BF:
Progress:

i've fallen off the atkins bandwagon for almost 1 year now (and gained 7kg) since.

i've just rebooted myself last wed (22 Feb) and had lost 2kg since... so far, i've been trying to do low-carb rather than gg thru the whole induction stage again (meaning i still allow myself milk, rice crackers and yogurt).

#234   ^
Old Thu, Sep-14-06, 22:41
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 135/-/110 Female 5'2"
BF:40%/30.7%/20%
Progress:
Default Me too!!

Hey me too! I fell off the bandwagon early this year.

I had start in August 2005 - lost nearly 5kg in 3 months with absolutely no exercise. I have been procrastinating starting once again. Haven't started with induction, but this time I'm gonna throw some light exercise into the mix - even just a short run a couple of times a week would be better than nothing!

Its really diffcult to eat lo-carb in Singapore when eveyrwhere around you, you see rice, noodle, rice...

Are you working? What do you usually eat for lunch when you go out with colleagues? In my earlier workplace I brought a packed lunch a couple of days a week, but the new job invovles a lot of moving around, so that's out of question

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietcoke

i've just rebooted myself last wed (22 Feb) and had lost 2kg since... so far, i've been trying to do low-carb rather than gg thru the whole induction stage again (meaning i still allow myself milk, rice crackers and yogurt).

#235   ^
Old Wed, Oct-25-06, 09:09
Registered Member

Plan: My own concoction
Stats: 238/193/184 Male 6ft 0.5"
BF:??/??/10
Progress: 83%

Hey all SG low carbers!

Would any of you know if it is possible to buy shirataki noodles in KL or SG?

Thanks!
  #236   ^
Old Fri, Nov-17-06, 23:51

Stats: 176/124/135 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 127%

Quote:
Originally Posted by linars

Its really diffcult to eat lo-carb in Singapore when eveyrwhere around you, you see rice, noodle, rice...

Tell me about it. Its not unlike living in Hawaii, all kinds of noodles. I miss them all! Thank goodness for shirataki/konnyaku noodles.

Good luck

CC
  #237   ^
Old Sun, Apr-29-07, 21:20

Plan: Custom (close to Atkins)
Stats: 200/162/160 Male 175cm
BF:
Progress: 95%
Default Anyone still out there?

I just joined and noticed that most of the SG posts were from awhile back so wanted to check if there are still interested low carbers in Singapore on this forum!

Mach550
  #238   ^
Old Tue, May-01-07, 20:43

Plan: Atkins - O.W.L.
Stats: 197/172/150 Female 5 ft 5 in
BF:
Progress: 53%

Not in S'pore, but in HK. Very few people post from here either.

I don't even bother trying to find low carb substitutes for things like noodles. I just eat dish after dish and instead of rice I have more greenies (bok choi gai, gai laan, spinach, etc.).

I'm also doing South Beach, which is easier to evolve into a WOE in HK, where Cantonese cooking fits in well - lots of steamed fish, roast chicken, steamed ribs w/ blackbean sauce, etc.
  #239   ^
Old Thu, May-03-07, 09:14

Plan: Custom (close to Atkins)
Stats: 200/162/160 Male 175cm
BF:
Progress: 95%
Default Appreciate the reply

Thanks hk-lowcarb for the reply! I'm pretty much cut out the rice and starchy staples as well as there aren't any substitutes available here. But I use Splenda to sweeten my beverages

So looking at the post rate, there really is not much activity going on here which is too bad...
  #240   ^
Old Thu, May-03-07, 22:01

Plan: Atkins - O.W.L.
Stats: 197/172/150 Female 5 ft 5 in
BF:
Progress: 53%

hi Mach550,

Wow, splenda. In HK it's very hard to find. Instead I use sweetnlow (saccharine) which
is carried at a supermarket near where I live.

Yes, I agree that it's too bad there are few people from HK, S'pore, etc. But, it is still a nice group of people. I've been posting for almost 4 months now and have lost some weight and gotten encouragement.

Keep posting!