Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View comments Article tools
YAY for Low Carb Eating!!
Posted by Sabazel
Posted Sun, Apr-07-02
Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/115/120
BF:
Progress: 125%
Post YAY for Low Carb Eating!!

Last summer, I decided to get healthy and lose about 15-20 pounds. I wasn't fat, but the few extra pounds that I didn't need made me feel bad about my body. I also had feelings of guilt after a large meal when I looked in the mirror.
At first, I started out trying to count calories and fat, but all that did was make me feel deprived. As a result, I would often cheat, and subsequently feel even GUILTIER than before.
Long story short, I was not happy.
It even got to be a little dangerous. Desperate for results, I forced myself on a starving regemin of one bowl of cereal for bfast, a piece of bread for lunch, and for dinner one of those meal bars.
Of course....that meant that I was eating NOTHING but carbs. I didn't understand why I wasn't losing weight. What I was suceeding in was making myself even more miserable.
After a while my mother, sick of hearing me whine and getting a little worried, told me about the one diet that a coworker tried that had worked, called Atkins. She didn't know much about it, but from what she heard, she said that you could eat all the meat and fat you wanted, just no carbs.
I went to the bookstore and bought the New Diet Revolution book. After reading it, I decided that it was something I could def try and see what happened.

WOW!! At first it was a bit hard. I mean, I love meat and I LOOOVe cheese, but I also loved my suga. After a while, though, I was able to stop craving and lived the good life. Especially after the induction when I could eat vegies. Since then my life has been wonderful. I'm at college where its VERY easy to stay on it, and I've not only reached my ideal weight, I've gone past it!

Sooo...that's something else I'm trying to deal with, safely gaining back weight on the diet.

I know if may seem hard, but if you just stick with it, you really don't crave carbs anymore!! Believe me, I was an ADDICT. I LIVED off of pasta and pizza and bread. But now looking at it is actually UNappetizing.

Sugar...that's another story But one day at a time. Yay for low carbs!

Sincerely,
Sophie
Article tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Success Photos
Before
Not uploaded yet
In-Progress
Not uploaded yet
After
Not uploaded yet

by alto on Sun, Apr-07-02, 17:13

Thank you for posting that, Sophie -- what a great story! Congratulations for figuring out low fat/carb thing so young

We have a forum here for students and teens. If you have time, you might pop in there. I've seen several posts from students who find it impossible to do low carb in college -- no good food choices in the cafeteria, etc. Yet you sound as though it was quite easy. You might be able to offer a few suggestions

1 comments [read all comments]

Article tools