Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 23:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/209.5/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default Blue bunny

Hello

Has anyone seen the new blue bunny Ice cream and yogurt in the area. I think its called Carb Freedom. They have Ice Cream, yogurt and novelty bars.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Tue, Mar-23-04, 14:53

Stats: 140/133/122 Female 5'4"
BF:?
Progress:
Lightbulb Diet Rite, etc.

WalMart seems to have cornered the market for the most part. Every time I go they have tons of Diet Rite, including the lemon-lime one...Also, did you know that Ben & Jerry's has the best new ice cream out called Carb Carma. There's chocolate, vanilla almond, and another one, but I forgot the name. They have 4 net carbs per scoop and it is sooooo delicious!
  #48   ^
Old Tue, Mar-23-04, 21:04

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 000/000/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 0%

Kroger has ATKINS strawberry and peach yogurt smoothies.-3 carbs- They are in the yogurt section. I agree that Walmart prices are the best for the bars and I love diet rite rasberry. I can't wait to try the Ben & Jerry's!!!
Does anyone know where to get low carb tortillias-- that aren't La Tortillia--in the Houston area? I like the one's at Subway. They aren't too sweet or flavored up.
  #49   ^
Old Fri, Mar-26-04, 12:01

Stats: 156/134/120 Female 68"
BF:
Progress:

I found low carb tortillas at Randalls (don't remember the brand, but pretty sure it was not La Tortilla) and I found LC Mission tortillas at Sam's today. Also at Sam's were Hershey's LC chocolate and chocolate with almonds.

Sam's and Wal Mart are awesome for all of the LC products they have. The Randalls out by where I live (Katy/Bear Creek) is also adding more and more every time I go it seems. My pantry looks like the Carb Options factory! I haven't tried any of it yet, but in case anyone hasn't seen the blue Carb Options labels in the store: Ragu has spaghetti & alfredo sauces, Wishbone has dressings, Lawry's marindes and I forget what brands of BBQ and steak sauces and ice cream. Sara Lee makes LC bread, too now. Just waiting for good ol' Sara to LC the rest of that line of goodies!!

Has anyone tried the LC pasta? The brand I've seen at Randalls is Carb Fit or something like that...its in a green and black box. Just curious what it & the Keto brand macaroni and cheese are like before I break down and buy some!
  #50   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 03:04

BF:

I bought the Mission Low Carb tortillas yesterday at Kroger. I'll let you know if they pass the taste test!

* I've got to get to Sam's
to check out the Hersheys!!!
  #51   ^
Old Fri, Apr-16-04, 12:21

Plan: atkins, protein power
Stats: 230/137/130 Female 5'3"
BF:29%
Progress: 93%

The Randalls Flagship on Westheimer at Shepherd has an ice cream that blows all the others away. It has a couple of flavors that are better than any--peanut butter fudge swirl, and butter pecan.

Sorry, I cannot remember the brand, but it is not the Breyers, but is Carb______ something.
  #52   ^
Old Mon, Apr-19-04, 12:07

I'm back and it is Carb Solutions Ice Cream, I found it at the super HEB.

Also found Diet Rite 4 12 packs for $9.

The best tortillas are Mission, which I got at Super Target.

And the Sara Lee breads are great, I made a bread pudding that was fabulous, served it to non LC-ers. Kind of high in carbs--8 carbs per serv.
  #53   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-04, 11:56

Stats: 195/180/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress:
Cool Atkins Products

Hi Everyone, I too am a Northwest Houstonian and also new to the this lowcarb org. Just wanted to share a couple of items with you. I live just off Jones Road and the GNC store there puts everthing 20% off first 7 days of every month. Also they put all of there low carb candy bars that are about to expire on sale. I purchased a whole load of Atkins and other low carb bars for $0.37 each. There is nothing wrong with them. Chocolate still looks and stays fresh. Also Randall's Grocery out here sells there boxes of Atkins Bake Mix for $9.99 each. Lastly I think I have found a good low carb spaghetti pasta replacement at Hong Kong Market off Veterans Memorial. They are called Longkou Vermicelli (Green Bean Threads). Ingredients Mung Beans, Broad Beans, Peas and Water...... 0 fats, cholesterol, sugars and protein... Total Carbs 4.7 grms and dietary fiber 2grms. Net Carbs 2.7grms. Cook them just like angelhair pasta in salted boiling water about 5 minutes or to your preferred softness. Sorry this such a long post. Enjoy reading your shared information.
  #54   ^
Old Sun, Apr-25-04, 21:13

BF:
Cool

Hi LilLooLoo, I pass that GNC daily on the way to visit my parents. Welcome to the website, there's so much insight and information here.
  #55   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 05:24

meagan, you go to cy creek?
  #56   ^
Old Tue, Apr-27-04, 20:14

BF:

Yes. 1983......You?
  #57   ^
Old Wed, Apr-28-04, 05:33

Meagan, I used to teach there. but in 90's. Had a wonderful student named Meagan. I do believe in coincidents.

Much luck in LCing.
  #58   ^
Old Thu, May-20-04, 09:07

Plan: atkins
Stats: 235/220/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:
Default Ninfa's

Hi all, someone else may have posted this already -if so, sorry for the redundancy...

Anyway, I recently went to Ninfa's (downtown, Navigation) and decided to just tough it out and eat the taco salad while my brother got to eat delicious fajitas....

but lo and behold!! they have low-carb options on the menu! They served me up a fajita plate with chicken fajita, jack cheese, queso (which i didn't eat, not sure about carbs w/ that kind of cheese), pico de gallo, avacado, and letuce. You just wrap everything in the lettuce and you won't even notice you're not eating the tortilla -the avacado really makes up for that.

they had other options as well -you should check it out...
  #59   ^
Old Sun, May-23-04, 09:28

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by improvisa
Hi all, someone else may have posted this already -if so, sorry for the redundancy...

Anyway, I recently went to Ninfa's (downtown, Navigation) and decided to just tough it out and eat the taco salad while my brother got to eat delicious fajitas....

but lo and behold!! they have low-carb options on the menu! They served me up a fajita plate with chicken fajita, jack cheese, queso (which i didn't eat, not sure about carbs w/ that kind of cheese), pico de gallo, avacado, and letuce. You just wrap everything in the lettuce and you won't even notice you're not eating the tortilla -the avacado really makes up for that.

they had other options as well -you should check it out...

That sounds wonderful...thanks!
  #60   ^
Old Sun, May-23-04, 11:41

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 135/130.5/120 Female 5'4"
BF:26/???/18
Progress: 30%

AWWWWWWWWWW - I miss Tex-Mex so much!!!!!! Y'all are making me crave Tortugas & Ninfas. Can't wait till I move back to Houston!!!!!! All I need to do is find a job. Then I can join y'all on the search for Low carb restaurants!!!!!