Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-13-02, 10:18

Plan: CALP
Stats: 211/200/140
BF:
Progress: 15%
Wink New Oldie....

hi everyone! somehow when I perused this board yesterday, I missed this specific spot, which is where I need to be.

I had been on CALP for a short time in 2000, losing ~17lbs, then was blessed with a surprise PG in Dec of 2000; my DD is now 6 mos old and it's time to get back to it! Started officially yesterday, made it through alive, even though those cereal bars in my desk drawer were SREAMING at about 4:30!

Anyhwhoooo. Presently my book is packed away in the farthest corner of our public storage space and I am not sure when I will get to it and the scale. So if you don't mind, a couple of questions to refresh my memory:

1) rules about coffee, specifically milk in coffee: is it still no more than 2ozs outside of RM? I drink decaf due to breastfeeding my DD, and I don't use sugar

2) the CMs--do they have to be half and half prot/veg, or some prot, some veggie?

3) water: does CALP do the 64ozs+8 for every 25 lbs to lose, or did I pick that up somewhere else?? Not that it really matters; I NORMALLY drink about 130ozs anyway! Big 32 oz cup on my desk that I drink about 4 a day!

4) I know there's something about lunchmeat: are they totally taboo, or are some OK? I love getting the "meat ends" packages at the market! That's what I used for beakfasts while on program before; I was loosing, so maybe it's a YMMV thing?

5) anybody here ever do this WOL while breastfeeding? If so, did it have any effect on your milk? Actually it is recommended to eat more protein to boost milk suppy!

I think that's it for now; I hope to get my DH to go and dig out the CALP book soon. It really is waaaaaaayyyyy in the back, waaaay on the bottom. But I think I remember enough to get by for a bit.

Hoping to glean lots from this group!

Theresa
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Mar-13-02, 14:07

Plan: CAD
Stats: 249.5/217/184
BF:45.2/36.8/25
Progress: 50%

1) Yes, its a 2 oz limit on milk in coffee, and they say to finish it within 15 minutes.

2) the CM's are supposed to be 3-4oz of meat and 2 cups of veggies

3) I'm doing CAD and I've been told by people on here about the 64oz +4oz/25lbs...lol but water doesn't seem to be a challenge for you

4) I'm not exactly sure about lunch meats, I have been eating them, and haven't had a problem.

5) I can't tell you anything about breastfeeding, I'm 2 weeks into LC'ing and have no kids

Good Luck with everything