Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-05-05, 16:35

Plan: PSMF 1/1/5
Stats: 268/228/155 Male 66"
BF:48/39/12
Progress: 35%
Default A book recommendation, easy reading too...

...it is not specifically for weight loss but it has helped me tremendously.

"Don't Sweat the Small Stuff, at Work" (applies to most situations, even away from work)

I read a few chapters at the library and decided to check it out. Three months ago, I would estimate that I was stressed out, angry, or generally unhappy 19 hours out of the day. The other 5 I was asleep and probably having high stress dreams We are talking mad at the boss who really is incompetent, mad at the wife because she does not agree with me, mad at my daughters because they constantly bicker with each other, mad at 85% of the other drivers on the road...you get the picture. In addition, I was constantly worried about bills, my job, what other people think about me...but you get the picture.

I came to the conclusion that the author wrote the book about me

It is apparent now, that 95% or more of my stress and possibly everyone's is generated by your own thoughts.

A month after I read the book, my wife said she thought I was much calmer and didn't fly off the handle much.

About two months later, my wife came back from Europe and told me that we had 450.00 worth of overdraft charges due to the exchange rate in Europe. She did not know that the wire transfer into the account was not sufficient to cover her expenses and I was shopping for Christmas presents while she was gone. When she told me, I can honestly say that my face did not even fluster because I feel it when it does. She was feeling really low, laying in bed, fully clothed after doing the bills. I explained to her that this has happened before; and, even though we are lighter in the pocketbook we would work through it. I went to the bank, explained to the bank manager that I screwed up and asked if he would reverse the charges. He said half, I smiled and said thanks and saved 240.00 by being calm and feeling no stress.

Three months ago I would have exploded, after reading the book, well I just rolled with it

This book is all about stress, how to keep other people and situations from hurting you, and how to be nicer, kinder and gentler to those around you.

I hope you take a look at it because my guess is, other people in the same physical condition that I am, feel more stress than neccessary.
Sponsored Links