Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#31   ^
Old Sun, Sep-10-17, 16:30

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Trig- just one thing to say- bigger TOY HAULER= you can upgrade YOUR toys! BTW- Trucks hold their value! One can drive a truck FOREVER! - No big deal. Plus if you can get it for 0%- why not? That way you aren't shelling out $$$$$. I know you don't want a chunk gone- IF you can get 0%financing I heard it was better to do that and use THIER money and keep your in the bank. Just a thought.

Happy truck= happy hubby= happy wife=

Been watching the weather channel- so far so good. Looks like it's moving more to the west. Less direct hit here. Plus it is being down graded. Not the devastation SO FAR as expected. I think people took heed!

Meatball dinner- dang it was good, plus got a nap in. Life is good right now.

Be well
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sun, Sep-10-17, 18:50

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Lori---Fun for you to try out a job, and how perfect for you it's in a Sporting Goods store! Can't believe you're all packed on Sunday when you don't leave till Thurs. You are one prepared gal.

Nic---Hear your joy at seeing your son! So great he is close enough to do that! Best result evah all things considered from a trying college search.

Congrats on the pound plus down! When you decide you're going to motor it off, it motors off!

Was really intrigued by the umami paste, been googling. All kinds of uses for this stuff, and these are flavors I LOVE. Super savory.

Jaz---Are you windy and rainy there yet? Sounds like you guys are just going to get heavy rain, maybe like a bad thunder storm. And hey, maybe you'll get a day to work at home out of it!

Trigger---Are you seated in the big mamma seat in the uber truck yet? Who knows, you may come to love it. Although it would certainly be more useful up here where I live. You could go anywhere in any snow storm.

Happy to hear you hiking and walking again. Dang, I gotta get my butt moving. Right now what's going on in my head is tiring me out, but I know that would be greatly improved if I got some exercise. With Fall/winter coming, my fave walking weather, I hope I get going.

K-mom---I have once again started cutting the crusts of the "new" LC bread. Figure it brings it down to about 6 or 7 net carbs per slice. Makes a neat little sandwich, or open face. Still, like you, having it A LOT less.

Sunday water: 3/3. Just ambling along on this. Improvement needed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haha. So I believe I wrote that I had no problem walking away from ice cream and toppings. And I don't and didn't. What I didn't count on at last night's neighborhood ice cream social, is that one of our neighbors has her mother from Austria staying with her. The mother is by profession, a baker. OMG. She brought like, 4 pans of incredibles. Suffice to say, I had my treat night. So unusual for me to spend it on sweets, but these were extraordinary treats.

Back on plan today. In fact, have fasted all day. No problem to do so. I continue not to be hungry or much interested in food...last night was just too much to resist tasting. Still, woke up this morning just meh on food again.

Had a sirloin steak w/a dollop of hubby's peanut sauce on it and K-mom's sliced tomatoes for dinner. And that's it for today.

Tomorrow starts another very busy week. I worked part of today to mitigate that, and then just flopped on the sofa for the afternoon and read my heart out. Wish there was a better name for this than "book worm" not fond of worms.

I am reading two books simultaneously, which I rarely do, but these two books make for a very interesting juxtaposition. One is a novel so UNUSUAL and disarming, but very compelling called the "World of the End." It imagines life after death in a way that is...well, very different. AND, it's a good story to boot. Then simultaneously reading"The Seat of the Soul" by Gary Zukav---a guide to locating one's higher self. A very old, very dear friend sent this to upon hearing of our coming decisions.

It's a really good read, something you take a chapter at a time, and read several paragraphs over again. It has an amazing take on life and the soul, and how to access the best parts of us and let go of fear and anger and other things that drag us to the bottom of the sea too often. I need this right now.

Sorry Jaz, but that means I've put off the Dali Lama/Desmund Tutu book for a bit, but I'll get to it. It's just that this old friend has known me since we were 12, and she herself is battling a return of cancer, and yet is SO strong and positive, that it blows me over. I asked her how she does it? She said, I'm going to send you a book that changed my life. She did, and I'm reading it.

Last edited by Blue52 : Sun, Sep-10-17 at 19:34.
  #33   ^
Old Sun, Sep-10-17, 20:00

BF:

Oh my Blue- I think I will get that book too. I too in a flux. And a good book like that would be awesome! Will order it tomorrow.

BTW- I did get a work from home tomorrow. = pajama day! I had already cooked up all my stuff for the week, so I can literally sit back and relax and work at my pace and not battle traffic, weather, etc.

I will google too the paste you all are talking about! I love finding new things.

Glad Blue- you are back on track.

Lori- really you are packed? Already? I don't have that many clothes to pack a week in advance!
-----------------------------------
So I have been wrestling with a big heart decision. I am considering going back home. Not now- but in March when my lease is up. I need to make preparation if I am going. I am wrestling with this.

So for the last 8 years I have felt like a gyspy - moving here moving there. With no real roots.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the south. I just am not settled here in Atlanta. It's to big- and it takes an hour or more to get anywhere. All the people and all the traffic, and all the drive, and so impersonal. People are stuffed in their cars, and houses. People don't get out and walk- just highways. No bike trails, unless I hook it to my car and drive 30 minutes away to get somewhere. I don't know my neighbors.

I miss a small town. I miss my circle of friends, and I am just not connecting here.
The delima- I have the best job I have EVER had. I love the staff, team, focus, money, stability.
I feel very small in a large city- that can be overwhelming.

My mom would be devastated, BUT my daughter hinted they are too considering moving next year to Indiana. His parents are moving back there- and he will have a great opportunity to transfer there too. So there is a possibility they are moving.

If I was back north- and his parents were there too- that would be a big pull to get them back north. I dunno-
I even have been dreaming about going home. I am done floating along with no connections. I have a lot of thinking to do.
If I do decide to go it will be spring. I need to pay off some bills- get my bonus and finish out my lease, AND re-enstate my license in Ohio. I hate snow- but I dislike this feeling. It feels like I have been on a 8 year vacation. But not home. Just what I am thinking about.

I do have my job to consider as well. People all the time move for a great job- and do just fine. Maybe it's me I dunno- What if I moved back and it is too many bad memories, and no sunshine. I would miss the sun. I would be miserable. I felt like I could not wait to leave 8 years ago- you know see the world so to speak. Adventure - small time gal to see part of the country. I HAVE been to a lot of really cool places here in the south. Maybe I am am just being nostalgist I am not sure. If I went back then hated it- because a lot has changed- what if NO place is home to me anymore.

Somebody ask me recently where my home was- I didn't know. It was the manager I work with- my counter part. She is from Ohio too. She has been here 20 years. I ask her if she ever missed Ohio - she said NO! Then she looked at my face, and said well where do you consider home? I told her I just didn't know. It was sorta awkward. But she met a guy here and got married and is heavy involved in her kids here and his kids here. So she IS planted here. I'm in flux- and just need some heart direction. I am not saying crap to my mom- kids until I know what I am doing. BTW- WHO walks away from an AWESOME job? I would transfer within the company- but it would not be MY team. SIGHHHHHHHHHH

I wish I had the crystal ball-
Should I stay or should I go now........ a SONG....... Oh already written!!!!!

Had meatball dinner- just ate once. It was good.

KMOM- 5/5-

Night all

Last edited by Jaz66 : Sun, Sep-10-17 at 20:36.
  #34   ^
Old Mon, Sep-11-17, 04:46

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

wow the thread is jumping

Jaz, biggie on moving but I get ya. home has to 'feel right' and if it doesn't then you never get that calm settled feeling. I get ya. I was kinda that way in Connecticut. When we moved there from Jersey I just 'never felt right in CT' for some reason so when Dad said they were retiring in NC I got the heck out of CT with them LOL Just take your time and think...all you can do!

HI ALL
still busy
got storms approaching but nothing bad
closing pool today, hubby said RAIN and I said I don't care, we will be out in the rain covering that pool cause leaves are flying around and I don't want them in there for next year lol--I want this covered and DONE today! and it will be

this and that as usual
few errands
nothing dramatic

everyone have a fine day
  #35   ^
Old Mon, Sep-11-17, 04:55

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Feeling good this morning. Slept well & long....ahhh....I needed that! In a little while I have to start getting ready to go to work. Orientation this morning at 9 till about 1 this afternoon. They said we'll spend 2 hours watching a video.....zzzzzzzzzzz. Oh well, you gotta do it.

Blue....I hear you on the 4 seasons. I like it too, although Winter is certainly not my favorite! Here in PA we get some cold weather and snow, but rarely have any severe weather. Sometimes a hurricane will dump lots of rain here, but not too often.

Jaz....you do have some big decisions to make. I know I could not live in the city like you do now. All the traffic and hassles to get anywhere are not for me. It would be nice if you could transfer within your company and not lose your job. You know your friends here will support you and cheer you on wherever you end up. So glad you can work from home today. Enjoy jammie day!

Trig....new truck shopping today? Exciting and nerve wracking! Hope you find a good deal and that it makes both of you happy.

Nic...hope you had a nice family day yesterday. How fun! Sometimes trying to get everyone together seems impossible.

Ok...time to finish my coffee and hit the shower. I'll check in later and let you know how I made out today. A new adventure!
  #36   ^
Old Mon, Sep-11-17, 05:32

BF:

Good Morning- Last to post and first! My spot- HEHEHEHEEH

The rain is here- thankfully I can work from home. Everything is shut down here. All the schools, even the government here is closed for today, even the trash, and bus services. Everything just closed. It's weird.

I am up a pound from meatballs? GRHHHHHHHHHH

Trig- you are the red meat gal- do you find you have more issues losing on RED meat vs. pork chops and chicken?

That is a quest actually for all you SUCCESSFUL LOSERS- did it make a difference the TYPE of meat you eat?
When I lost all my weight before I did it eating fish, chicken, and pork. I really love a good steak and burger!

KMOM- Sounds like you are doing so well. So glad things are settling for you. You will work through the tired feeling- see last post to you! yesterday 5/5 . Did you get your tomatoes "put up" You freeze tomatoes? Are they good?

Lori- So Irma- isn't effecting your cruise? I bet you are having fun with the "fix"- Being at your goal weight and then some is so fun when choosing clothes. That is something I remember well- I loved being at goal and trying on clothes! (I will get there again!)
I think it is so cool how close you and your sister are.

I know you have grandkids- do you have a son or daughter or both? I don't remember you speaking about them. Just interested.

Trig- back to you. IS TODAY the toy hauler day? I can't wait to hear the report. Please see prior post to you about the % rate. So are you trading the older truck? Just saw a RAM 1500 Commercial thought of you! It said it can pull anything! There you go- double cab to boot!
Are you going to get some of this rain too???????

Blue- Like I said- I am going to order that book you were talking about. I could use a good read. I am liking the book of Joy- but it is not a fast read. I have not picked it up for a few days. I need to be in the mood for that type of reading.

Leeann- YAY on a pound down. It means more than a pound- it's a shift of thinking! Our WOE- starts in the mind first, then the body follows.
How is the DS15 doing? Any more wedding news? Did the DS18 recover from being sick?
I feel like we moms "share" our kids. It's part of the thread I love!!!
What does your week look like?
----------------------------------------------------
Yes my last post was a post from the heart. I am still considering all my options and am glad I don't need to decide anything right now.

Who knows, I may change my mind by spring. But before a life change, or stay- I need to feel at peace with it. Then plant SOEMWHERE. I was even thinking maybe about the Charlotte area. My aunt and cousin lives there. It's a pretty area, still south, still near enough to a beach, yet near the mountains too. I would be 2 hours from the "kids" and 4 hours from my mom.

Currently I am almost 2 hours from the kids as well. I would just be the other direction, more north. Still thinking- but I do need to wait until I pay stuff off which will happen in Dec. Then I get a nice bonus in Feb. I will stay for that!!!!

SO a tip- I watched a GREAT You tube yesterday. It's by one of our favorite doctors - Dr. Robert Lustig. He wrote another book. This one is called The Highjacking of your mind and food. Yes he is very dry- but his words are so true.

He was talking about the difference between pleasure and happiness - and how food plays a huge part on the brain. Something we all know. But it was worth the watch! He was the same guy that totally debunked the theory a calorie is a calorie- he wrote that book too. Check him out! NEW material that supports what we do.

One last thing- today is 16 years post 9/11. Let us never forget! I know that day changed me, in many ways!

Ok all have a great day! Oh Leeann- did you check on your momma? She should not be out and about today.
  #37   ^
Old Mon, Sep-11-17, 05:34

BF:

Lori beat me- cross posting- GOOD LUCK on the new job!!!!
  #38   ^
Old Mon, Sep-11-17, 06:13

BF:

Jaz I do better on red meats

you have to remember I don't play the food game anymore. I eat ALL meats that I love and eat red meats the most cause I love them the most. without ANY carbs I can play a different game totally, so type of meat doesn't matter to me at all. seafood in there of course...........for losing weight, IF I ATE ALL seafood I would lose alot of weight but again I am not doing that anymore. I eat zc, as much as I want and when I want and just hold there. Others will have more info on meats for ya I am sure.

Ram 1500 is a tonka toy to us HAHA
we need 2500 giant diesel 6.7 or 3500, can go with 6.4 diesel...yes all info from the hubby on that but I need heavy pulling, a 1500 is a backyard truck kinda

You guys are shut down? wow....we got lucky here, just rain and ick but thankful for just that.

off I go to hit the road, hopefully no one is out and about but they will be I am sure, we are ok here

Lori, good luck....let us know how the snooze fest goes for ya Should be interesting tho, something new and will be interesting to see if ya hold with it.....it is hard when ya got ALL the time to 'do just something' but not sure what ya wanna actually do?? It really is a problem LOL but for me I won't take on a job anymore cause I got the 12 yr old....every time I say 'possible part time job' the kid stays home sick or something stupid so I don't bother thinking like that anymore........and then kid hits college and I hit retirement at the same time so? HAHA holy lol

give us a report when ya get back

no car shopping today. I have MY things I have to do and hubby is doing some house stuff that has to be done but we will meet later this afternoon to cover the pool. priority on that!
  #39   ^
Old Mon, Sep-11-17, 07:32

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi Everyone,

Jaz- sounds like you are contemplating some big decisions, but you have a long time to consider it. I do know what you mean about cities- I am not a big city girl at all. Love visiting them and being near enough to go into them fairly easily should I choose to, but not to live. I don't like struggling to find parking, paying parking meters and all that jazz. Sounds silly but there it is!

Atlanta is huge. That being said, there are tons of suburban pockets outside of the city that are little baby cities in and of themselves. But yes, you then have traffic to contend with and a lot of it.

Girl. Stop weighing yourself every day! You will drive yourself bananas!

Trig- Good luck on the pool closing. Our was closed down last week after the holiday. It has been chilly here and the mornings have been in the mid-fifties so the pool was not going to be used (not that it was used all that much anyway this year.) Heck yeah that is a HUGE truck you guys are talking about but then again you have a big RV to pull. What kind of gas mileage would it get? Would he be driving it on the daily?

Blue- I so would have dropped a treat day on that too, but then again you know I would have. I am way more likely to drop it on sweets than on something like french fries. I am glad you enjoyed it though- feeling like it was worth it is key!

Leann Vogel discusses carb ups in her work. Now that isn't what she recommends as a carb up per se, but it is still interesting reading.

Lori- Girl, you have packed a LOT of stuff! Wow! But then again you are packing for two seasons on that trip. I am excited for you, and for your orientation for your part time job also.

•••••••••••

Really really nice day with the fam yesterday. Nice lunch out with EVERYONE including DD22, DS18 and GF, DS15 and DH and I. Then DD left and the rest of us went to see "IT" at the movies. I enjoyed it- I like a good scary movie- and it was fun to watch the others as well. Dh was clutching my leg, DS18 was practically crawling into his GF's lap at times, and DS15 at one point jumped so much his butt left his chair! I was just laughing at them. I HATE HATE HATE violence of a realistic type (like when people were fighting, I wouldn't watch that part) but horror-unrealistic violence doesn't bother me at all. I know, it is completely weird and nonsensical, but there it is.

We were on our way home at 7 PM and DH and DS15 were like 'what's for dinner?' and I was like "are you kidding me? do you see me right here beside you? I've been with you all day! How would I know?' Sheesh!! I wasn't going to eat anyway. So they fended for themselves with leftovers and did just fine.

Busy day today for me- dog appointment at 10:40 for Sophie, who has a soft mass over her right shoulder that should be looked at, 1:00 CASA appointment, drum lesson for DS15 at 7. Chicken wings for dinner.
  #40   ^
Old Mon, Sep-11-17, 11:20

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Water Hounds

Sunday: Jaz 5/5, Blue 3/3, KMom 6/5

Let's keep this going. We can do it! Think Water!
  #41   ^
Old Mon, Sep-11-17, 11:28

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Nic: I laughed at your response to the, "What's for dinner?" Man, sometimes kids are clueless. But then again, you could have had something in the crockpot! Maybe that is what they were thinking?

I am not sure I can watch that movie. I just don't do well with violence. I did end up watching all of Ozark, but at times I did not know if I would continue. But like Blue said, it hooks you in.

Me: I am freezing tomatoes today. Found quite a few ripe ones in my boxes of green tomatoes downstairs. Should get two freezer bags full. When it is time for me to make my LC tomato/beef/veggie soup this winter, I will be SO HAPPY to have these packets of tomatoes!

I find myself staring at my pills in the morning. Taking pills is so foreign to me and now I have one of those daily pop up things where you set it up and make sure you take all of them each day. I had to do that because I found myself wondering if I had taken a pill or not! So I stare at them in the morning and then take them one by one. One of them has an awful taste (like metal) if you don't get it down fast. So of course I struggle with that one because psychologically I think it is going to get stuck. But, I am so thankful for the pills and that I have been in normal sinus rhythm for more than a month!

Will post more personals later.

K-Mom 10x4
  #42   ^
Old Mon, Sep-11-17, 13:21

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Hi!

Home from my first day of "work". I was there about 4.5 hours. Video watching, tour of the store, filling out HR forms etc. I go in tomorrow from 12-4 to "play" on the computer. It is training.....ugh. I just want to get on the register and start selling! Everyone is very friendly and seem to get along great. My supervisor is very nice and seems easy going. I think I'm going to like it there.

Jaz....my kids are actually my step kids, but I always call them mine. They were 9 & 5 when I met their Dad, so I feel like their Mom. The girl(Christy) is 41 and the boy(Nate) is 37. Our daughter has 2 boys, aged 14 & 8. Our son has 1 boy, aged 13. His new wife has a boy aged 14. So....that's how I ended up with all these boys! LOL! I'm sure that's more than you wanted to know, but there it is!

Not much happening tonight. Dinners this week are going to be very simple, so no stress there. Hope you've all had a good day & have a nice evening!
  #43   ^
Old Mon, Sep-11-17, 14:13

BF:

quickie-

Still have power. We had a brief shower compared to the Florida Keys- it destroyed them- heartbreaking. Key West was on my bucket list- they are saying a LONG time before it is back.

We have power out widespread here-
TRIG- looks like it came up your way!

more meatballs- no carbs- used pork rinds as a binder- they make me full.
Interesting what you said Trig- doesn't matter what kind of meat you eat- doesn't fluctuate your weight.
I have noticed though that salt does matter to me. Love sausage - but can't eat it often. I also love those large sausage "logs"- shaped like a U- they are so processed though and salty. But oh so good with mustard.

Gotta tie some stuff up - so glad was home today

Last edited by Jaz66 : Mon, Sep-11-17 at 14:42.
  #44   ^
Old Mon, Sep-11-17, 14:33

BF:

Nicco that is the old movie IT by S. King? omg that was such a good one I loved it but that creepy clown was a very scary part of that movie LOL

Yea hubby would be driving the truck daily. He only would do a truck as his personal vehicle...farmer ya know HAHA Hopefully 15-18 mpg just driving around and maybe 10 pulling? they say 'that' but it is usually less for the big trucks even if the sucker is diesel

you had me cracking up with the 'what's for dinner' and like you were gonna wave a magic wand! just too funny!!

Can't cover the pool today due to high winds. omg no way we would get it done, we would be sailing off in a monster parachute LOL so have to wait til Wed. what a royal *&^&*

Lori so cool on the job. hope it works out well for you!!

Jaz, yea we got high winds and rain. tomorrow they got a 2 hr delay for high winds in the morning for school buses....crazy huh but by Wed we are just cloudy but dry.....so we got away ok, we are not worried here at all.

I do sausage but not daily. I use it more for when I go out and about, like link sausage with bacon cheese omelet to order. Salt 'kinda' effects me but not that much that I have it bothering me or anything.

have to run and feed/hay the goats in between monster rain drops. I hate having to go out there but poor Pumpkin is standing in the doorway to her barn and just staring at the rain can't graze so I gotta go down and load her and Lollipop up on food. ugh, gonna get an umbrella and hope it doesn't fly off HAHA
  #45   ^
Old Tue, Sep-12-17, 04:43

BF:

good morning all

kid has 2 hr delay....for possible high winds and bus? omg! it is not high wind out there LOL and most is over now...but today is rain rain and more rain

just gonna flubb thru this day and see where it goes

omg bacon got high in price! even my cheap store brand bacon that I love has a sticker shock to it now....darn prices just keep rising! bleck. These prices are ticking me off now!

As 'the grocery' shopper in the home I KNOW every darn price of every item I buy and all I do is watch them go higher and higher, it is amazingly high now on some things. eh, just a rant on this LOL

today got big old giant top sirloin steak for the grill
not sure for brunch, I am kinda in a major no hungry mood right now....so will think on it.

great day all
Closed Thread