Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Advanced/High Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-15-05, 17:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 175/130/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 113%
Default Any ideas on a good workout video?

I want to sweat! I have been doing plilates and love it, but need something cardio that will make me work for it! I live in Maine and it is freezing, so PLEASE to make me go outside! Any ideas on a good work out dvd?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-15-05, 13:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 156/135/130 Female 5' 2
BF:22 %
Progress: 81%

How do you feel about Step Aerobics? There are some great step DVD's out there. (I, personally, am addicted to Step Aerobics...)
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-15-05, 14:55

Plan: Yudkin
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 000
BF:
Progress: 100%

Go to this site: www. collagevideo.com - to get detailed descriptions, previews. On the left side click on the aerobics/cardio - to see a huge variety of videos/dvd-s. Or click here for the list.
THEN go to amazon.com - to order them for half of the price .

Have fun:

Eva
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Feb-17-05, 11:53

Plan: low carb Warrior
Stats: 212/167/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 73%

I've been loving Crunch Burn & Firm lately. It's sort of like a standing pilates tape that uses light weights to up the intensity. Not too dancey, not too boring. Nice range of background exercise body types too. They're all fit, but have different shapes. I like that in a video.

Just want to say Galadriell is right, Collage is awesome for the video clips. Also www.videofitness.com is a fantastic site for detailed reviews of fitness videos. Amazon's prices are definitely better than Collage, but Deep Discount DVD (www.deepdiscountdvd.com) has the lowest prices I've seen so far AND no shipping charges (yay!). Check with them, or better yet, if you live near a Ross, go there. They've had the best prices of all the retails I've seen so far, even better than DDD sometimes.

I'm a total fitness video addict, (the technical term being "Vidiot" ) and only go to gyms to remind myself why I prefer to work out at home.