Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-25-01, 16:17

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/182/140
BF:
Progress:
Talking Second time around

Hi everyone. Just a little intro.... I tried a low carb diet last year for a month. I just did not like it. I LOVE my pasta and rice. Well, when my scale reached 200 this year, I decided to give it another shot. I began the low carb diet again on April 1. I have lost 15 pounds so far and have gone down a pants size. I love this WOL and feel like I am winning the battle of the bulge. I have recently stalled and stayed at 185 for about 2 weeks. I have stayed on induction and I never cheat. Is there anything I can do to start losing again. I hear so many people talk about how the weight just falls off. I feel like I'm really having to work at it. Does anyone have any tips or advice on how to get out of my slow down?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jun-25-01, 17:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/162/135
BF:
Progress: 0%

hi nikki and welcome! please don't be discouraged! every weightloss program has plateaus. it's the body's natural response to weightloss. have you taken your measurements. lots of people find that although they're not losing on the scales, they're losing on the measuring tape. are you feeling good and enjoying the foods that you're eating? you're not gaining right! bet you could never eat the foods you liked and not gained eating low fat! just be patient and drinks tons of water. take your supplements and work out when you can. the weight will come off. not everyone is a fast loser either. i know that i'm not, but i've never been less obsessed with food in all my life. this is the way of eating for life for me! i hope you'll enjoy it too.

p.s. check out karen's section and the recipe section!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jun-26-01, 15:49

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/182/140
BF:
Progress:
Smile

Thanks Debbie for your reply. I drink TONS of water and I do measure. I am losing some inches and I feel great. I exercise at least 4 times per week. I just want to be a size 10 already! Anyways, I'm not discouraged yet. Thanks again for your reply.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jun-27-01, 06:23

Plan: My Own Plan
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 6 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 52%

Hi Nikki,
Just wanted to say hi and welcome you! Glad you are measuring because I feel that's much more accurate than the scale....

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!