Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Dec-28-05, 14:33
Organic Lifestyle

Plan: SBP (Organic & Balanced)
Stats: 165/135/130 Female 5'6''
BF:
Progress: 86%
Default How LC is TSP?

I have noticed that a lot of people on this forum are on Atkins and other LC plans. I don't know much about the other plans, but here people mention things like restricting Carb intake to 30 grams a day! On the TSP I eat 30 grams of Carbs 4-5 times a day. I am losing weight and feel great. I'm just curious why TSP is considered a LC plan? Obviously I eat less carbs than I did when I was pigging out on cookies and burgers and fries, but not to the extent of some of the other LC plans. Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Dec-29-05, 17:19
Plemorphist

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle II
Stats: 150/129/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:??%/??%/ 22%
Progress: 105%

There was due consideration before they allowed an SP thread. Lots of people started on Atkins and found it was too LC for them so they ventured into more moderate "semi-LC" programs. There was a large SP posting group when they thread began, but many of us have reached goal and are maintaining, so we just sort of haunt the threads offering advice occassionally.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Dec-31-05, 12:50
Registered Member

Plan: PP/Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 178/137/137 Female 5'6"
BF:28%
Progress: 100%

When you think about it, 100 or so grams of carbs a day *is* LC when compared to the 300+ grams the USDA recommends!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-02-06, 21:26
Organic Lifestyle

BF:

yea, I guess. I got beat down by one member because I called 30 grams of carbs a day to extreme for me and he has now blown my eat guides out of proportion. I may not stay on this forum for very much longer.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jan-03-06, 15:40
Plemorphist

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle II
Stats: 150/129/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:??%/??%/ 22%
Progress: 105%

You might be better off staying in the journals and the SP threads. Many out there in the "public" forums don't keep journals and are very opinionated in their views. Many don't last or are banned because "blasting" anyone is not accepted here. This is a community for supporting each other on our quests to be healthy and happy individuals. If anyone makes inappropriate comments to you anywhere at anytime, report them. That's what the little ! in the corner of the post is for. It will then be looked into to see if there is a problem. Home you have found more good people than irritating ones here. I know I have.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jan-03-06, 17:00
Registered Member

Plan: PP/Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 178/137/137 Female 5'6"
BF:28%
Progress: 100%

I'm sorry to hear that. People really should not 'blast' anyone about the way they eat. Different things work for different people.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jan-04-06, 10:35
Organic Lifestyle

BF:

Thanks for the support. I have since found better places to post and had other people on the thread accept my values even if they didn't follow them. Thanks again. I'm enjoying the journals. I'll keep it up. I'm close to my goal.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Jan-08-06, 14:22

Plan: TSP
Stats: 147/147/135 Female 5'2"
BF:?/?/?
Progress: 54%

Your stats show that you are doing something right for reaching your goal weight and you must be healthy you said "I feel great" , so I would rejoice in those facts, ignoring what was posted that upset you.

I haven't posted here for awhile and just started lurking again recently as I had a hospital stay (nothing to do with TSP). I started reading here again as I am recovering well and trying to get back with TSP. Being in the hospital/returning home and very weak/ I had to rely on other cooks besides myself, but now I can shop & cook for myself.

I just recently looked at Dr. S's own website and noticed updates since I was there last. I found it interesting to click on to the bottom right side titled something like 'what lead her to write TSPII. words to the effect to find balance but not to forgo healthy carbs. I don't consider TSP a low carb plan. Some of her books suggest that some individuals with certain health conditions may need to eat less carbs or fats but it is individual.
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Jan-08-06, 16:05
Organic Lifestyle

BF:

I think you nailed it when you sent it's individual. I think that the SP books gave me more knowledge than a lot of others to make those individual choices that led me to a more healthy lifestyle. Thanks for your kind words. I have found peace in the forum again and am enjoying many of the threads. Thanks.