Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Kick Nicotine Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-08, 21:04

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 165/139/130 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default Ok, where's the 'don't blow it now' forum?

I'm 9lbs away from goal and back in induction because I've hit a plateau. I'm thinking about re-setting my goal weight to accomodate the fact that I plan to quit smoking in the next year. Maybe 115-120. I think, you know, I'm over 40...is that realistic or even do-able. I couldn't break 100lbs until I was 30 and then I packed them on. I dropped to 115 on my first Low-Carb attempt about 7 years ago, quit smoking and made it all the way up to 170 (my all time high) in the next couple years. Dieting didn't help me then.

I was also taking anti-anxiety meds at the time which I haven't in 4 years. My goal weight in general is about 125-140.

Any comments, thoughts?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-08, 13:23

Plan: Carnivorous
Stats: 183/131/138 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 116%

I'm not sure I understand. Are you thinking of resetting your goal because you think after you quit smoking you will gain some back? I'm not sure that makes sense. It might be better to get to goal weight and then have the goal to not gain while quitting?

Good luck with both!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-08, 18:47

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

srl8, a goal weight of 115-120 for a woman who is 5' 6" tall and over 40 may even be a bit on the low side and, believe it or not, you are already within a healthy weight range for someone your age and height.
I'm not quite sure if you are trying to get your weight on the low side in anticipation of weight gain when you quit smoking?
Maybe it would be helpful for you to revisit what happened when you quit smoking the last time and think about strategies to prevent the same pattern repeating this time?