Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-31-10, 20:49

Plan: Atkins (+m&e)
Stats: 320/310/190 Female 5ft  11"
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default WW's Daily Chat June 2010

Continuing on from our May thread
A new month is starting so let's make it a good one!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-10, 13:23

Plan: Weight Watchers/S Beach
Stats: 201/195.8/135 Female 5'3"
BF:

I found the new thread Pamela. Thank you for getting it started for us as I have NO IDEA how to do that. I hope that everyone is having a great day... we had a holiday here in the US (Memorial Day) yesterday so I was off work... waiting for my daughter to stop by on her way to work, don't have the girlies today, their daddy is off today, probably will have them tomorrow tho

Will try to catch up with you later, Pamela. Take care and hope Rachel stops by
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-10, 15:31

BF:

Good morning

Hey Rebecca it is good to see you here.
Sounds like you have pretty busy days with the girls.Make the most of it tho as they grow up too quick!

I am down 300 gms this morning ( .66 lb)
Then sun is shining but it still looks wet out there so looks like it could be a fairly good day.
I must keep moving, so hope you have a good day my friend.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-10, 15:43

BF:

Good morning ....just checking in.
I can't believe I am down another 200 gms today(.44 lb)!
Weigh in tomorrow for me.
Have a good day everyone.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-10, 02:04

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca A
I found the new thread Pamela. Thank you for getting it started for us as I have NO IDEA how to do that.

Here is how you do it........

1. Click on the URL button above the reply window. It will insert [url] into the reply window.

2. Click after the [url and insert an = and then paste in the link (no spaces). It will look something like this:

[url=http://www.something.com]

3. Type in the text that you want for the link right after the right bracket (]):

[url=http://www.something.com]Text Goes Here

4. Click on the URL button again to insert the closing tag [ /url] (no space)

[url=http://www.something.com]Text Goes Here[ /url]
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-10, 15:21

BF:

Morning.......weight holding today so thta brings my total loss this week to 700gms ( 1.54 lbs). Good enough for me !
Am working in the garden this a.m. I have a trailor load of bark to try and spread but it is wet and heavy so will be hardwork
Have a good day folks.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jun-04-10, 05:50

BF:

YAY for you, girlfriend! I must admit that this week has been on and off, so the off isn't allowing the "on" to come through enough. I am back with it today!!!

I have the girlies today, but not til about 1:00 I think, maybe 12:45? I have to run to the bank and get my money out, where I work we have mandatory direct deposite so I have to do that.

Pamela, are u doing WW lower carb version? My problem is I've become sloppy with keeping points, I got a little spiral book that I got at WW to keep my points in, now just gotta DO it.

I'm not working at the daycare today, usually don't on Fridays, I use to go in from 7-830 til someone would come in to release me, but shortly after Moms eye surgery Kim bought the business and she needs 1 weekday morning that she can book appts if someone can't make it in the afternoon.

Will be back later to check in with everyone. I hope we didn't lose Rachel, I keep hoping she checks in! Have a wonderful day, Pamela!
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jun-04-10, 15:37

BF:

Hey Rebecca GOOD to see you
Quote:
YAY for you, girlfriend! I must admit that this week has been on and off, so the off isn't allowing the "on" to come through enough. I am back with it today!!!

I am GLAD to hear that you are ' back with it' . You CAN do it.Just one day at a time!

Quote:
Pamela, are u doing WW lower carb version? My problem is I've become sloppy with keeping points, I got a little spiral book that I got at WW to keep my points in, now just gotta DO it.

Yes I am trying to watch the higher carbs. I eat vegies and or salad twice a day with some protein at lunch too....no bread, just ocasionally alittle basmati rice. I have 2 T sweet chilli sauce each day. I have 1 - 2 Tspn cinnamon /day. I allow myself 3 pieces fruit/day and I use skim milk.
I have been trying to keep as low GI as possible. Have beee choosing more core type foods as they are more filling.
NO eating between meals and to be honest I do not feel hungry with drinking heaps, even if afew too many coffees and not al water!
I don't write my points down but I keep track of them in my head.
I will get my points calculator out and work out the points of something if I am not sure of the points value before I eat it.

Quote:
Will be back later to check in with everyone. I hope we didn't lose Rachel, I keep hoping she checks in! Have a wonderful day, Pamela!

Rachel is still around but very busy and training for her marathon...think it is this saturday .
You have a great day too Rebecca.

I will be away now for 3 days and back monday night.
We leave in 3 hrs so I must get moving......my folks don't have internet.
Have lovely weekend
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jun-07-10, 06:32

BF:

Hi folks..I am back but heading off to bed for now.
HAve a good day and cya in the morning
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jun-07-10, 16:16

BF:

How's everyone doing?
I had a nice time with the folks.
Had to work at staying my plan while away but it has paid off...feels good to be in tooterville again. lost 2.64 lbs since friday so I am very happy.
Hope to hear from you guys later maybe
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Jun-08-10, 15:43

BF:

Wow it is awful quiet here !
Check in when you can.
I Am down aother 200 gms( .44 lb) today.
Maybe I will see you guys abit later then.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Jun-09-10, 14:56

BF:

Just checking in.
Not alot happening here today.
I am down 100 gms today.
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Jun-10-10, 15:20

BF:

OK games over.......where are you guys hiding just kidding....
MIss you though.

Weight is holding for me today but have had a good loss this week so happy with how things going.
Have visitors for the wekend so will not be online as much...will try to check in once /day though.
Be good you two
Seeya soon
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Jun-11-10, 05:47

BF:

BOO! Lol. This has been a BUSY week! Didn't realize I've been missing a whole week. Had to take Mom to the doc, grocery, I take her to lunch a few times a week, Tuesday and Wednesday I had the girls, yesterday I took Mom to visit Alyssa for her 4th birthday (her party isn't til next Saturday, but Mom feels that if it weren't for Alyssa's daily visits when she had her accident she wouldn't have had the will to pull through. So I knew she would really want to go vosot her the day OF her birthday and not wait an entire week, I figured Mom would want some time with her without all the family being around!

Today is Kim and Brads 5th annoversary. Alyssa was born the day before their 1st anniversary. I can't imagine a better anniversary present than a child!!!

Eating has been so-so. Not entirely bad but I had grocery money stolen out of my purse at work and I had just paid bills so there is NO lee-way in the checking at all. So, I'm trying to use up things in the house. And the bad thing is, I think its my "friend" at work! SO, I'm not taking my purse into work anymore, I'm locking it in my trunk! It happened once before with $65. NOT going to happen again. And both times it was the Monday after payday Friday!!!

I'll try to get back a little later when u check in. Didn't know Rachel is a runner. I have 2 friends that are runners and run marathons.
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Jun-11-10, 22:23

BF:

Quote:
BOO! Lol. This has been a BUSY week!

Hey Rebecca...it is GOOD to hear from you I know....life does get very busy sometimes eh.
I have to MAKE time for me somedays! It is easy to put yourself last or make do but I am really having to make that xtra effort with my eating and try to plan ahead abit.I think for me that is the key to success.

Quote:
Today is Kim and Brads 5th annoversary. Alyssa was born the day before their 1st anniversary. I can't imagine a better anniversary present than a child!!!
I agree.....it IS special.
I was the eldest grandchild and born on my grandmother's birthday. She died about 3 years ago but I stiill think of her every birthday.I used to always get a handwritten note, but the last few years her handwriting was abit 'wobbly ' as she was 95 years when she died, bless her.

Quote:
Eating has been so-so. Not entirely bad but I had grocery money stolen out of my purse at work and I had just paid bills so there is NO lee-way in the checking at all. So, I'm trying to use up things in the house. And the bad thing is, I think its my "friend" at work! SO, I'm not taking my purse into work anymore, I'm locking it in my trunk! It happened once before with $65. NOT going to happen again. And both times it was the Monday after payday Friday!!!

So sorry to hear that Rebecca.......... and that you think it is your friend makes it even worse!
Are things hard for her financially or is it that she is abit light fingered!
What a shame. You WILL have to keep it under lock and key which can be abit of an inconvience.
I used to have to do it too when I lived in the nurses home years ago.
I just had to carry my key with me everywhere.Even locked the door to go to the loo!!
Hope things quieten down alittle for you in all the running around...your Mum is very lucky to have you!
Have a nice weekend,
hugs