Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#931   ^
Old Tue, Jan-09-18, 09:39

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Nic:
Wow, 50 by 55 is a great goal. And I love how you don't count the state unless you have had a meal there or done something significant. Funny, wonder if some people count layovers! I had never thought of that. I have no desire to see all the states or even to travel. May have been different if I still had hubby. He talked about when he retired driving a Winnebago (Are those still popular???) all around the country. I added how I thought it would be such a fun thing to do with the grandkids! He rolled his eyes. I think he was thinking of just me and him!!

Thanks for asking about PEI and then goggling it. I, too, have never heard of it. Seems like there are a lot of places I have not heard of. I had never heard of the Marshall Islands until I had a student from there at the deaf school on Hawaii. He had been brought to Hawaii from one of those smaller islands (can't remember what they are called). He was the only deaf person on that little island and came with no language at all. Was plopped in my class for summer school. He was so smart and beamed when he could communicate or understand something. What a fun challenge that was for me.

Glad induction is going so well for you. I think of trying that or doing the Dukan diet again for a while. But then I think that I am very content with just doing 20-25 net carbs. BUT it needs to work. I was amazed at you losing five pounds in two weeks, even if it is just water. By keeping it off, it won't be "just water" much longer! Seems like maybe you are contemplating staying with LC as your woe? I remember you were thinking of switching it up a little last year.

Wish I could have seen you when you crossed off Minnesota as one of you states you have visited! Had you visited her before? I can't remember. I think you and Blue got together!

Hope your day is a good one. MoW is stills something I am contemplating doing.

K-Mom 10x4
Sponsored Links
  #932   ^
Old Tue, Jan-09-18, 09:48

BF:
Progress:

The pressure of having a paper due makes my blood pressure go up! But I am pretty sure you are going to love this. I think it is something you will do well at and will feel accomplished in more ways than one when it is done. And yet, if it does not work out, I know are open to dropping it. Love the quilt analysis.

Loved the simulation example. I can picture you doing very well at this if it was real life. You seem to be a "big picture" kind of person. Plus a logical thinker. My nephew has been trained for things like this. Not something that would bring out my strengths!

Hope you can find something you LOVE to buy. I know if it doesn't happen in enough time, you are willing to just stay in a hotel and wait it out. This is not something to rush. Wish you lived closer to me and I would let you stay here until you found something. But you would freeze your ___ off!

Pot roast and chili dogs! My kind of food. I will for sure buy a chuck roast and make it like you and Trig. Thanks for explaining you use a jar of that gravy instead of a can. I have never even thought of gravy being an option. That sure would add some flavor!

Hope you have a great day at work today and things go well putting the finishing touches on your paper.

K-Mom 10x4
  #933   ^
Old Tue, Jan-09-18, 09:50

BF:
Progress:

Not sure what happened on Jaz's post. Should have said Jaz at the top.

Man, there was more at the top too, but I don't have a clue what it said! Oh well.
  #934   ^
Old Tue, Jan-09-18, 09:51

BF:
Progress:

Blue:

Miss you....miss you...miss you.
  #935   ^
Old Tue, Jan-09-18, 13:55

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

KMom- I'm glad you mentioned Chicken Lazone. I had made that a couple of times and then forgotten about it. DS16 really loved that when I made it. I will add it to my meal list for next week. DH will be out of town some next week and that will be a great meal to have on hand.

Also, re: having to scroll up and then forgetting- I open two tabs for this site. One is for my reading of posts, and the other is just at the reply box. Then I can toggle back and forth. I do this because I can't retain enough either!

Do you really have no urge to travel at all? That is fascinating to me. Why do you think that is?

I'm not sure if I will stay with LC but right now it feels right and I am happy. That is good enough for me! I've been on track since January 1, so nine days along.

And yep, DS16 and I were in MN a couple of years ago. We flew into Minneapolis and then stayed several days before driving to visit my brother in IA.

MoW is great and I think you might really enjoy it!
  #936   ^
Old Tue, Jan-09-18, 17:29

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Ladies!!!!!! I have MISSED you!!!!! It has only been since morning- But I am feeling the need to curl up in jammie clothing and go to a comfortable routine!

First and foremost- I missed a few of you this morning!

Leeann- 50/ 55 states! WOW- I would love that if I had the time and resources. I like that you need SOMETHING to tie you to the state even if it a landmark or meal! SO COOL!

I am so glad you are feeling more stable in your WOE and what feels good to YOU. Nothing works if it is not a good fit. You have found your fit!

So how long will your hubby be gone?

Kmom- thank you for a sweet post- I knew it was to ME!!!! HAHAHA
I wished you lived closer too! All of you! I would pull you outside and we would do an evening walk when it warms up!
NO I CAN'T DO YOUR COLD!!!!! HAAHAHAHA

Blue- where the heck are you!

Trig- finished up chili and 2 hotdogs/ my only meal of the day! Was not hungry early in the day! Full and hotdog/ chili happy. Fell better actually.
Thanks for suggestions!!!I mean that!

Trust me give the kiddo - a couple years- she will buying the designer stuff, no worries!

Lori- you never cease to amaze me with your work ethic! Please come work for me! But you would need to work through golf weather so I know the answer is no! Priorities.

Kmom- one more thing I was thinking about you. You just ....... you and your hubby....... I just can't say anymore without a tear. You two had a once in a life time thing.
My only thing is as you well know- you are young with a ton of life to give and receive. Not meaning another mate. But don't let being single hold you back. I have come to conclusion it may or may not happen for me. But dam it if I want to travel I will! - I will let it go at that.
---------------------------
Woe- on plan 100%
Tired as hell
It will take a minute to figure out my new life- this is life a second job, add stress. LOVE IT RIGHT!!!????

I haven't thought about or looked at properties in the last several day- no time. My car has reclining seats!!!!! HAHAHAHAAH
  #937   ^
Old Tue, Jan-09-18, 18:25

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Another day gone. They do fly by, don't they?

I had a good day. I went and got my hair trimmed and then stopped by my old office to see the girls. One of the other girls is retiring Feb 2nd, so I wanted to be sure and stop by before she is gone. They are having all kinds of trouble finding her replacement. They wasted 3 weeks on a girl in her mid to late 30's who they ended up firing because she would just up and leave early and then sometimes just not show up or call. What is wrong with people?? It is a good job and a great place to work. Another girl accepted the position and then called and changed her mind before she ever started. I don't know what they're going to do, but the girls who are remaining are going to have their hands full with extra work. I'm glad that I won't be part of that mess! As for Dick's...No...I am not interested in being a Manager. I'm not sure how long I'll even do the job I have.

My official 10k training begins on January 29th. I have a 14 week training plan with 3 extra weeks at the end before the race. I'm quite sure I will be repeating some of the weeks, so I have a little wiggle room. For the next couple weeks, I'm just going to focus on getting back into my boot camp routine 3 days a week and doing some light walking either outside or on my treadmill. I know I can walk 6.2 miles(10k), but the problem is they only allow 1.5 hrs to finish. I'll hate it if I am not able to finish in time and not get the medal. I'm planning to train my butt off so that does not happen!

Tomorrow I have a chiro appt and I need to catch up on my laundry. Exciting, right? Oh....and of course, boot camp early in the morning!

Have a good night!
  #938   ^
Old Tue, Jan-09-18, 22:45

BF:
Talking

I just finished 2 hours of homework- danced for doing on 2 hours now on a video- hyped up- and I have laergitieo get up tomorrow. Oh wait it is almost tomorrow- all of 4.5 hours sleep.

I will deny this post as I have work outed to tired but wired. Close to midnight.......

Plus- 100% on WOE
my music is way to loud for midnight and I need to get up....... god I hate being sick.

Meds WIRE me- and crash me hours later
urghhhhhhhhhhh
got my work out in----------
  #939   ^
Old Tue, Jan-09-18, 22:50

BF:

STILL UP- STILL LOUD
MUSIC- nothing knocking me out- dam
still doing dance video
GOT TO WORK

Music to good
hyped- dear sweet baby Jesus knock me out
  #940   ^
Old Wed, Jan-10-18, 03:54

BF:

Good Morning!

Jaz.....hope you are ok this morning. Sounds like you had a rough night! I hope you can get out of work early today and get home and get some rest.

Just having a quick cup of coffee before heading to boot camp. Then it's home to shower and have another cuppa before heading to the chiropractor for a tune-up.

Will be back to check on you all later. ((Hugs))
  #941   ^
Old Wed, Jan-10-18, 06:58

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Jaz, I'm so sorry that you feel sick.
I won't lie, I have no idea what you were talking about in your last two posts- were you playing music? were you dancing? I get that you were wired up from medicine. Either way- maybe you are asleep now. Feel better!

Lori, do you miss your old job at all or are you glad to be finished, or some combination of both? I know you will do so great with your training and boot camp and such.

Everyone else- Hugs! And Blue, hoping you are just going through one of those quiet times. You are missed!

•••••••

Things are fine here. MoW was difficult yesterday to say the least- we had a two hour delay for ice and the roads were fine by the time I went but the walkways and driveways were slick sheets of ice. Trying to get to the back of my car, get out the 3 meals, then carry them across driveways and then on the walkways to the front door was really treacherous. At one point one leg went one way and one leg went the other way and I darn near went down! At another point I honestly considered crawling. I did get it all done but I tweaked my back a bit. Slept in my soft back brace last night for added support just in case. I'm fine this morning, just a bit tender.

Today is a CASA visit, then taking my car in to Costco. I'll do my shopping (and maybe grab a bite to eat) while they are balancing and rotating my tires. Free with my tire purchase. Yay.

Play practice has kicked off for DS16 this week so he doesn't get picked up until 5. Then he has his band lesson at 8. DS19 is stressed over his Econ class. He says he spent an hour and a half on a single problem yesterday and never did figure it out.

Nice to have DH home a lot more this week. He only had to go into DC once, yesterday, and he surprised me by walking in before 7 PM.

Hugs to all!
  #942   ^
Old Wed, Jan-10-18, 08:12

BF:

Ok- I don't do cold meds well! I was up and wired until 2- woke up with a raging sore through and fever. URGHHHHHHH...... called off work. I won't be taking anymore cold meds. I picked up a "flu" med for congestion yesterday. Stuffed head.
Well- I reacted to something in it! Instead of making me drowsy- I was WIRED like crazy. I have never taken "drugs". But I know that certain things can HYPE one up. Well let me just say it feels terrible. Why anyone would deliberately want to feel that edgy is beyond me.

I am feeling better- just sick now. I have to drag my butt into work regardless tomorrow!

IT IS WARM OUT!!!!!!!! It feels like spring. TRIG/LEEANN- should be coming your way!

Leeann- ICE is no joke! I am glad you didn't twist or damage anything or actually fall! Ya know Dr. Adkins fell on ice and died! Everybody loves to say he died of a heart attack! NO he didn't.

Your DS- has band at 8 PM???? isn't that rather late? When do these kids get to rest and be kids?
Nice to have the hubby home I am sure!

KMOM- Water yesterday 6/5- I was drinking it up! Love my pelligrino

Lori- I find it amazing you haven't been made a manager yet! You are a great employee! Do you actually like what you do? I would think there would be lots to look at there! I would have a hard time as I would want to buy stuff!
I bet you are itching to get back on the green huh!

Blue- where are ya?

Trig- RIBS today! I hope I can swallow them. Just what a sore throat needs= ribs!!
You should get out and about today! Awesome day!

Ok all ON plan today! Will be doing some computer work- might look at properties today online!
  #943   ^
Old Wed, Jan-10-18, 08:32

BF:

Jaz....so sorry you are sick. For that sore throat, gargle with a TB of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water. Works wonders! Gargle 3 times and after the 3rd gargle, swallow the water. Rinse your mouth with fresh water to get the acid off your teeth, but don't swallow the fresh water. You want the vinegar to stay in your throat to kill the bugs. That is Dr Lori's advice!

For the most part, I do like my part-time job. There are days and moments that are less than ideal, but for just getting me out of the house, it does the trick. I really am enjoying the reduction in hours and having a few days off in between shifts. I just hope things work out with golf this Spring and Summer. I have to have a talk with the manager and gauge her acceptance of my requesting certain hours/days. I think they will try to work with me so that I can stay.

Nic...I have no regrets about retiring from my accounting job. It was a great place to work and allowed me to be in the position I am now financially, but it was time to go.

About that ice! ACK!!!!! I am no good walking on ice. Had I been in your shoes, I would have crawled for sure. Thank goodness you didn't hurt yourself worse when you slipped. So dangerous. Hope those nasty conditions are over now.

Time to get ready for my appt. I may also stop at our local running store and look into buying a new pair of running shoes for my training. I'll be dropping a good bit of $$ on those. They do a really good job of fitting you at this store and have a money back guarantee even if you have worn the shoes outside. They even send you outside when you are trying shoes on and have you run up and down the sidewalk!

Off I go!
  #944   ^
Old Wed, Jan-10-18, 13:06

BF:

Hey Lori- thanks for the DR. Lori advice! I did try it- as NASTY as it was I feel a ton better. fever gone too! I have also done a tumeric shot! I think with rest today- and ribs I should be good to roll.
I however have not gotten even dressed. Took the dog out and brushed my teeth- back in jammies and bathrobe. For somebody who doesn't feel good it did nothing to my appetite! HAHAH

That is really cool about your shoes. What kind do you get? I do know they are NOT cheap!! Does your store not carry the type you need for your discount?
Are you feeling better about bootcamp?
  #945   ^
Old Wed, Jan-10-18, 17:56

BF:

Jaz...do the vinegar water several times this evening. I know it's nasty, but I really feel that it works great for sore throat.

Unfortunately, I discovered that the nice shoe store here in our little town is no longer there. There is another one about 1/2 hour from here that has the same great fitting service. Our store(Dick's) may very well sell the shoe that would be recommended for me, but without having the fitting, I don't know which one to buy. I think I will start out my training with some shoes I currently have and see how it goes. If my feet begin to bother me, then I will look into a new pair.

Boot camp was great this morning. Lots of upper body work with weights with cardio moves in between sets. Feels good to have my upper arms feeling tight.

My eating was NOT on point today. I still need to get my head in the right place as far as my diet goes. Some good days and some intermittent fasting is allowing me to stay the same, but if I want to lose, I've got to get serious! Back to my word of the day. I shall persevere!

Good night!
Closed Thread