Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-29-03, 15:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 299/288/197
BF:
Progress: 11%
Smile New to this thread.

I am new to this thread. Been here for a while lurking about. Thought it was about time i stepped in and joined the club, since i have more than 100 lbs to lose.
Dont be mad......or offended but it took a while for me to come in here because i didnt want to admit to anyone including myself that i really had that much to lose. But i have been doing very well on this WOE and am finally comfortable with it. Have had a few comments that i look like i have lost weight. I dont know for sure my next weigh in is 02/24 so i am not even sure how much or if i have lost. But tonight when I get home I am going to measure myself.
I think this is a great thread and i look forward to chit chating with ya.
Well that's it for now! Thanks for listening!
Toodles,
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-29-03, 19:13
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%
Default Re: New to this thread.

Quote:
Originally posted by Pokey
Dont be mad......or offended but it took a while for me to come in here because i didnt want to admit to anyone including myself that i really had that much to lose.

I think a lot of us feel the same way until something shocks us out of it. Welcome to the Triple Digits Club.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-29-03, 23:13

Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default Welcome, Pokey!

Hey, is that a pug??

Don't you worry about offending people in the Triple Digits Club. Maybe it's wrong for me to speak for others, but I like to think we can be completely honest here and discuss issues that are unique to us.

I think in my very first journal entry (13 months ago), I mentioned that I had weighed myself and cried for half a day when I saw that I weighed 426.5lbs. But I spoke it, wrote it, accepted it and took responsibility for it. It simply was what it was.

Things are better now though. But I still have much to lose. So let's get healthy!

Donald
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jan-30-03, 09:03

Stats: 299/288/197
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default Hi Donald, and Liz

Thanks for the welcome!
Yes it is a pug. I have a 9 month old Pugglett. She is sooo cute. Her name is Noodles. Way to much character for a dog. any hoo!
I have seen you around and read many of your posts Donald. You are and inspiration. Your pictures are amazing!!! I hope i am where you are in 1 year.
I am really enjoying this WOE. I really dont miss the junk.
Well i will see ya around!
Toodles,
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jan-30-03, 17:47

Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

Hi Pokey and welcome aboard!

Dang, that is such a great dog! I love dogs. It really is a big step for us to admit to ourselves how much we weigh and then to go on and publicly admit it. I also found it hard to really admit in my journal when I goofed up big and my weight would go up some. But I really believe that when we can be totally honest about it - we have this battle half won! Still ain't fun though!

Here in the triple digits club, we all have a long road to travel. But it is so positive and so wonderful to actually talk with people who have had similiar experiences. And we sure laugh and goof around a lot!

My best advice is to keep posting no matter what! We will be here for you! Cindi