Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-08-05, 13:07
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 134/134/120 Female 5ft 4 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Candida And Sex

Anyone esle having pain during sex.. like burning pain.. ive beent o the obgyn and had recurrant yeast infections but this time he said i didnt have one but it still hurts os bad to have sex and its making things so hard for me and my b/f who have been together for over 3 years now.... I dont know what to do now. ive ruled out everything else.. done std screening, tried no condom, tried lubricants...nothing helps=0( ONtop of oall the other horrible symtoms of candida this one just is too much...
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jul-24-05, 13:04
Registered Member

Plan: Postpartum and Lowcarb!
Stats: 222/000/120 Female 5 foot 4
BF:
Progress: 218%

How long has this been happening?

Have you considered that you could be either allergic to his sperm or that he may be eating things that change the "content" of it and irritate you (this has happened with me)?

Is it possible that you have basically "grinded" the inside of your "canal" with the condoms and or had an issue with spermicide so that when you tried with no condom it rubbed?

Have you tried a different lube?

Have the ones you tried all had spermicide in them? Many women can't tolerate it.

Even more basic... uh are you TRULY "worked up" and "into" it before hand?
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jul-27-05, 05:35
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 168/153/140 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Don't Forget...OUCH

Please don't forget that you are passing candida back and forth each time that you have sex. That could be why your yeast infections seem to keep coming back. They are actually not leaving, it's just that when one seems to be going away and another one starts up, it's just you and your partner passing it back and forth. I know it's a never ending cycle but that is what candida is.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-28-05, 07:26
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:
Default to vvangel71

If we are jsut passing it back and forth what do you doa bout that then? he has no smptoms
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jul-29-05, 06:06
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 168/153/140 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Passing It .......

I know it may seem a little personal but using a condom will help in not passing it back and forth. My hubby is the one who had candida first and of course after so long I started getting yeast infections. No matter what I did or what meds I took it seemed a never ending cycle. That is what candida is unless you attack it head on. When we figured out that we were passing it back and forth, we decided to start using condoms to protect both of us. WIth me, not to get in any worse and with him, he was slowly getting better and I didn't want him to get any worse. So I started taking the THREELAC and the OXYGEN ELEMENTS (which he was already on) with a higher dosage and I didn't feel good the first week (b/c of the die-off of candida) but then I started to feel more like myself. I am still on Threelac but just a small dosage and I'm happy to say no more yeast infections.

I'd rather be safe than sorry when it comes to the my health and the health of my partner....
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jul-30-05, 09:23
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

yeah my prob is my b/f doesnt think we are passing it back and forth and wont take any antifungals just in case.....i cant make him....i dunno what to do...
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Aug-04-05, 18:57

Plan: candida diet
Stats: 135/121/- Female 5ft3
BF:
Progress:
Default i know how you feel

Hi, im sorry to hear you the same problem as me. It sounds exactly the same however i have been with two different partners and tried the same things as you have. It began just occasionally, and now ive tried to have sex 3 times in 3 months and still cant, it hurts just to try and begi. Then after a couple of days i will swell and hurt to the point where i cant sit down, usually i have to go to the doctors however antibiotics doesnt do any thing; I am currently visiting Australia and the doctors have told me it does sound like candida and this is why antibiotics doesnt help. So i tried putting myself on the strict candida diet. This time i had tried to have sex and couldnt but i did manage to prevent the problem from getting worse and stopped the swelling which shows to me it is a yeast problem.
I cut out all sugars, yeast, carbs, wheat, i pretty much just eat meat, eggs and non-startchy vegetables. My problem is deteriating, however im too scared to try to have sex again as i dont want to risk flaring it up again. So at this point i sympathise, and am very pleased ive found someone in the same situation, i thought i was strange! Im continuing the diet for a whole month further and then will see.
I am struggling with the no sugar, and occasionally give in...which is major mistake as the next day i can feel i have irriated it, so try to saty strong
Good luck x
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Aug-04-05, 19:00

Plan: candida diet
Stats: 135/121/- Female 5ft3
BF:
Progress:

i know how you feel
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Aug-05-05, 19:12

Plan: raw vegan diet
Stats: 169/141/130 Female 5 ft. 8 in.
BF:
Progress: 72%
Default Candida and Sex

It has taken a LONG time for my hubby to realize he "contributes" to my long time candida problems. If I had "it to do over again." I would have been more "creative" to mutual satisfaction.

I am writing from 25 years with this condition. I contracted yeast infections before my husband, but the "tenacity" of yeast and other STD's I received from him (from his other partners) contributed greatly to my candida. The antibiotics I needed for the STD's started this chronic problem for me.

Here is what I finally discovered after years of "re-infection". My dear hubby harbors bacteria/yeast in his prostate and will not have symptoms. Many STD's have no symptoms on guys. I am a nurse and I teach sex ed, so I know my STD's (from experience, unfortunately) and by the book, I know it doesn't seem fair, but this is just how it is.

My hubby did finally go to a MD and get a prostrate check and he was treated for a bacteria there. However, he has never had a check for candida, but like I say, after many years of study and practical experience, this is my conclusion. Withdrawal has helped but of course, it doesn't protect from other STD's if you are not using condoms.

Burning means the candida is not gone or is a reaction to the rubber or lubricants. You just have to give this part of your body the time to rest. I was told this by a Dr. in the early days of our relationship, but I didn't listen. As a result of my candida, I have had 3 miscarriages due to an auto-immune thyroid (also loaded with candida), have had stomach ulcers (irritated by candida), IBS and increasingly painful and resistant strains of candida vaginally.

If you are young and healthy, learn from this "old lady" and give your body time to heal and don't "return" to intercourse until both you and your partner is "treated." I find that my hubby is "easy to treat" despite his lousy diet. 2 diflucans, a month of probiotics, a month of herbal antifungals, all work to keep him from giving it to me.

I need to (sorry for being so graphic again) manually examine myself, to be sure there is no sign of candida internally + no burning or itching. If there is one little "cheeseball", I can't take the chance. My hubby hates to "take medicine" so my way to "keep him from taking it" is by knowing when it is "okay" and when it "is not."

Something that will help the burning and "reduce" candida is plain 100% aloe. You need the kind you can get in a health food store in the gel form (it can't have any addititives). You refrigerate it. sometimes when it gets really "painfully hot" I put some on a rag and leave it between my legs for the night. It is important though that it doesn't have any preservatives in it, or it will burn "like the dickens." I recently got some from GNC and thought "I was now reacting" to aloe, when I looked on the label it was 99% aloe and what ever else was it it burned worse than the candida.

Also I will burn long after the itching is "gone." Each new infection, is more painful than the next and finally, there is "nothing on this earth" worth another infection. It means a very strick diet.

Please also note that the oral cavity is loaded with candida and can also add to the problem, as are the bowels.

Remember that candida means an inhancement of your allergies, it could be underwear, soap or anything else contributing to the burning.

Sure hope this helps.

I have recently had a hysterectomy hoping it would "contain my candida" but instead my body is "rejecting" even the stitches. What a pain!

Anyone who can learn from "my mistakes" will make my "trial" more "worth it."