Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1996   ^
Old Sat, Sep-12-15, 05:53
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJS
Pushing myself to ride my bike while I catch up on post. Just had eggs and bacon for dinner.
So glad tomorrow is Friday.
Does that mean you are also a "peddlin' & postin' Warrior" too? Cause I do NOTHING on the 'puter unless I'm peddlin' my ass!
Sponsored Links
  #1997   ^
Old Sat, Sep-12-15, 05:56
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
OMG

I have mentioned before that what brought me to this WOE (besides fat hips and a triple chin) was that I was diagnosed with pre-diabetes and was sent to "the class" by my doctor. This was in Dec 2012....

This week I am sorting and cleaning cause I have free time. I came across my LIFESTYLE BALANCE PROGRAM. This is what stands out to me as I look through the pages.

Session 1: getting started To help you LOSE WEIGHT you need to eat a healthy diet. Healthy eating involves eating LESS FAT AND FEWER CALORIES.
* eating fat is fattening (makes us fat) and is related to heart disease, diabetes and other health problems.
* eating too many calories from any type food is also fattening.

session 2: Be a fat and calorie detective
Healthy eating involves eating less fat.
* fat is the most fattening of all things we eat.
*eating too much fat causes weight gain.
*by eating less high fat foods you can lose weight.

Wow, all I can say is I am glad I was a failure of the program and went in search of something else and found LC in 2014. Wish it had been sooner!

No wonder there is such an increase in diabetes. I would be there now if it wasn't for finding this hard core group!!!!!

Love you guys
Wow how cool that you ran across your "class notes"!! Interesting what you know NOW eh?

Honestly, that WOE does work for some people. Just not people like us who are uber carb sensitive or carb addicts!

Thanks for sharing this with us! It was very interesting to read!
  #1998   ^
Old Sat, Sep-12-15, 06:00
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
I have basically had 40 years or so of trying different diets before finding this hard core thread. This has made all the difference for me. I am a 72 hard core lifer now

You know what the most important thing is? We ALL finally figured out what caused us to be FAT and UNHAPPY...who ever said FAT and HAPPY was a blooming IDIOT!!!!

A '72 all the WAY, baby!!

You will be one of the 5%!!
  #1999   ^
Old Sat, Sep-12-15, 06:05
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by shades65
Today we stopped at the thrift store. Clothes were $2.00 a bag. I bought 5 pair of jeans. Three fit nicely. Two pair I still need to shrink into. And I will. So happy. I am not going to bother altering the three pair of jeans I was going to have to try to make fit. I will take them back to the thrift store next trip to town. This is a great store. They wash everything before putting it out. The lady even pulled jeans from the back we thought would fit me. This is not the place to not have jeans to wear with winter coming. Happy Happy OK Back to work for me. Almost done. Well only another hour or so. LOL
What a wonderful FIND!! I love my thrift store. It's like walking into a department store, all the clothes are clean and nicely hung on racks! They too wash, iron and repair (if needed) all their items! And you can NOT beat the prices!!! Thrift stores are a weight loser's dream, IMHO!!
  #2000   ^
Old Sat, Sep-12-15, 06:09
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamoney
Down 1.4 lb's to a new low 296.4!
Huge congrats on your new low, Tam!

Onward, Downward to Maintenance into Infinity & Beyond!
  #2001   ^
Old Sat, Sep-12-15, 06:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 208/178/175 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 91%

I've got a childcare day today. My daughter has returned to town for the weekend (and a football game) and I get the three kids for the whole weekend. They will be here any minute so this is a short post------But I wanted to share----it looks like I've dropped another pound!!!! That is 2 pounds this week (if this down pound is "real"). But since I didn't believe that new number I did weigh myself 3 times on the "good" scale and last night I made a big super fat dessert for myself so I really did not cut calories yesterday! ( I do love my cheesecakes) Could my 6 week stall have decided it was time to move on???? God, I hope so!!!

In Atkins newer book he says that exercise frequently moves a stall along. I've been to the gym twice for my Silver Slippers class. I can't image it burns many calories at all--it is a moderate work out--but it does move just about every single part of your body even if it is just stretching. Perhaps that helped moved me out of my VERY BORING stall. Please keep your fingers crossed
  #2002   ^
Old Sat, Sep-12-15, 06:14
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Jo...

That's quite a crazy couple of days you had at school. What idiots, not telling you about the busted gas line.

Geeze about the bathrooms too, did they expect you all to wear adult diapers or what... That's crazy too.

So glad it's back to normal for you today ( hopefully!)

Sometimes you just have to wonder what people in charge are thinking!

Hope your day at school went well

OMG woman!!! They WEREN'T thinking, there lies the problem!!
  #2003   ^
Old Sat, Sep-12-15, 06:19

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Good Saturday Morning Hard Core Warriors

131 today Saturday 😜

Yesterday took Colt to vet. I was able to get script for seizure meds and take to Walmart saved almost 50 bucks👍.

Today is house chores and go by DD house for Ruger. They are out of town again this week. It will be fun for Ruger and Magnum to play in yard. I can throw the ball and they would fetch all day !

To all warriors with losses today awesome victory 😄👍

To all warriors with no losses, NSV or small water gains stick 100% to HCA-72 and the transformation of mind, body and spirit will happen!😀

Have a wonderful day Warriors, and take care
  #2004   ^
Old Sat, Sep-12-15, 06:22
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHunt
JustJo: Not sure if you didn't read my question about New Mexico or whether you are just ignoring me, but I didn't see an answer from you. I'm guessing you live in Roswell by your description of the old Air Force base (Walker AFB) where you work in your story from today. But I am just guessing. I'm just curious since I lived in New Mexico a couple of times.
Wow not ignoring YOU at all, just way behind in catching up and reading the posts!
Quote:
I have a friend from high school who found out I was eating low-carb. She chastised me and said that I would develop health problems from it. She is a vegetarian and recommended I dump all of the meats and dairy and go strictly veggie. I looked her up an Facebook and her picture revealed that she is heavier than I am. So much for staying healthy with her vegetarianism. The irony apparently escaped her.
Had an ex professor tell me doing LC would damage my gallbladder... I laffed in her stupid ignorant face and said, it's ALL good, I haven't had one since 1983! You would not believe the look on her face...what a blooming idiot!!
Quote:
Even look at what our government bureaucrats recommend we eat. Look up the government food pyramid on your search engine and see what it says. Eat lots of grains and pasta and fruits and restrict your intake of meats and fats and dairy. Just the opposite of this low-carb WOE. And they wonder why over half of our population is overweight and obese.
It's a conspiracy I tell ya!

My working theories:
1)Eat carbs and we feel and think like slugs... they don't want us to be energetic and free thinkers.
2) Keep eating carbs and we are "sick" people that need lots of medical attention and get chronic illnesses that require life long taking of medication cause they can't cure us ~ its so NOT in the best interest of the medical professionals or the pharmaceutical companies!

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
  #2005   ^
Old Sat, Sep-12-15, 06:37
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJS
Oh my gosh!!! That's crazy. I can't believe they made you go!!!
That's cause they care so deeply for their teachers and staff! (Can you feel the sarcasm dripping off this post??)
  #2006   ^
Old Sat, Sep-12-15, 06:39
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlygirl4
Hello all, Congrats to everyone who has lost or stayed. I wish I was more like you. As usually, I seem to dance around a number. Down then up then down and eventually I move to the next number. I cannot seem to just go down. Such is life. Currently I am up by .6. Hoping for better new tomorrow. Back hurts. Getting a massage tonite. Need it bad!
CG4 just think that a year from now you'll be grateful that you stayed OP 100% and that you weight went down and your health improved by leaps and bounds!

Keep Fighting the Good Hard Fight, it's so WORTH IT!
  #2007   ^
Old Sat, Sep-12-15, 06:44
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJS
Happy Saturday. I've a lot to do today, but I wanted to stop by and say hi. I just can't seem to give as much time to posting as I did over the summer break. I do read everything though. School still has me running to catch up!!!
Weigh day for me today, I only way on Saturdays. 250. 2 pounds down. I'll take it.
I have my yearly dr. Appointment Monday. Let's hope all goes well. I know my weigh will be less at least!!!
HUGE congrats on your 2 lbs down !!

I know your annual doc appointment will be awesome!

Oh yeah, getting back to teaching sure does cut into our online posting time hence the reason I always fall behind! But I'm closing in on getting caught back up!
  #2008   ^
Old Sat, Sep-12-15, 07:03
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Holy Moly Warriors...do you realize we're almost ready to start the new Hard Core Atkins '72 Induction Group #7 thread? We've about hit our limit on post/page numbers!

I'll post the new thread url here when I've created it. Probably will be before the end of the day tomorrow!

We really are a bunch of POSTERS!
  #2009   ^
Old Sat, Sep-12-15, 07:04

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Morning All

Starting to feel like a STATUE

Yep, the same again. What's slower than a snail? Me.

Not much more I can do. Have been doing more exercise. Hasn't made a difference.

Just going to keep at it...100%

Have a great OP weekend everyone

we have a high # of posts again
  #2010   ^
Old Sat, Sep-12-15, 07:07

Plan: VLC
Stats: 331.8/182.0/175 Female 68.5"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Quote:
Morning All

Starting to feel like a STATUE

Yep, the same again. What's slower than a snail? Me.

Not much more I can do. Have been doing more exercise. Hasn't made a difference.

Just going to keep at it...100%

Have a great OP weekend everyone

we have a high # of posts again

DELANEY - I am slower than a snail, too. I have not budged in weight for 4 months now. Just floating around the same flipping number. So I am in your club. At least you are practically at GOAL! Be proud of that!!!!!!!!! I still have about 50 lbs to go! I am angry. But I am very proud of you for getting there and staying there!
Closed Thread