Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-04-07, 10:57

Plan: atkins (testing hf/mp)
Stats: 157/143.2/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:why i oughta...
Progress: 69%
Default Worth it

I have steady work doing on-call massage therapy and couples massage at a fabulous upscale hotel and this year decided to book myself a room for my 48th birthday. The rooms have big, deep spa tubs in them as well as Bose stereo systems, plasma tvs (though I'm not much of a Tv watcher save for the Daily Show with Jon Stewart), fireplace, microwave, fridge, local-roasted coffee in the coffee machines, two-headed tile showers, towel warmers, etc., etc.

Well the staff here really like me because I put smiley faces on their guests so when I arrived they'd left a huge basket of goodies on the table plus a bottle of champagne and a decadent little cake with a candle in the fridge. I passed on the basket but I did have a glass of champagne and a few bites of the darkest chocolate cake I've ever tasted. Oh. My. God. Didn't take much to satisfy and I decided this special occasion was going to be guilt-free. I had a massage and ordered dinner delivered (blackened salmon with butter and herb brocolli and cauliflower) and fell asleep listening to the ocean.

I'm writing this from my super-soft luxurious bed with a million thread-count egyptian cotton sheets-- a coffee on the bedside table and Ray Charles on the Bose, thinking this is one of the best birthdays I've ever had. Sometimes you just have to throw your own party.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-04-07, 16:42
Clueless. ODAAT.

Plan: Intuitive Eating
Stats: 290.6/290.6/180 Female 5'10"
BF:I do not care!
Progress: 0%

Sounds fabulous! And give yourself credit for not just immediately scarfing down the whole cake - that's progress!

I like this idea...may have to try it myself!!!