Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 15:43

Plan: My Own
Stats: 154/141/- Female 61.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Been off my Paleo WOE for almost 4 months now . . .

And I am feeling bad.

I just went out to buy some new clothes (got a great new job) and nothing in my usual size fits me.

I feel like I shouldn't be complaining. I am not super overweight (about 20 lbs). But I am flabby and jiggly and it makes me sad. I was only on my Paleo WOE for 2 months and I only lost 5 lbs during that time but I knew it was good and I believed in it so much. And then I just sort of slowly fell off the wagon. It seemed like so much work and I don't particularly like vegetables and it was expensive . . .

And I was doing it mainly for my health. I expected some weight loss as a bonus.

And now today I will admit that I feel fat. I feel bad. I want to lose weight. I hate that I feel this way because I hate the media pushing skinny women on us and I want to be able to happy wih myself no matter what size I am. But I don't. I want to be smaller. I want to be fit. I want to be able to wear better clothes.

So, what do I do? How do I get started again? How do I get back intot he healthy mindset? It feels like I am at the bottom of a mountain.

-J
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Apr-08-04, 07:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

I can sure understand how you are feeling. I quit Atkins at one point and gained 40 pounds back! It was SO hard to get back on. I know your weight loss is really slow because you are so close to your goal. It can be torturously slow at that point. The good news is that at your low-weight you will really notice a pound or two as you move down. The most important factor in my getting back on is to do it ONE DAY AT A TIME. Yesterday is gone and none of us know for sure if tomorrow will come or what it will bring. So VIVA today! Make your best effort today! You CAN get there!

Orchid
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Apr-08-04, 08:18
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

Why don't you take this test?

hthttp://dietlowcarb.com/forums/ind...topic=3595tp://

Then you can see where you lie and perhaps a less restrictive plan might be better for you.

Part of it just might be winter and things will change shortly.

We have all been down this road and back again. You are in good company.