Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Apr-27-03, 21:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 223.5/192.5/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 39%
Default Anyone who is stalled needs to read this...

Hey you guys, I just discovered a great book... some of you may have read it. It is called The Secret to Low Carb Succes: How to get the most out of your low carbohydrate diet by laura Richard

The book so far is wonderful and it is all about how to get yourself out of stalls and plateaus and into those whooshes

I have heard rave reviews about this book and have been told it is a low carb dieter's must have.

Check it out if you get a chance! I'll post more info about it as I read it! Anyone who's read this, please post some insight!

Katie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-29-03, 14:36

BF:

Also, just wanted to report that I FINALLY BROKE MY STALL!!

You may have read some of my other posts and if so, this is a repeat but hey, that's okay

I had been stalled for 3 weeks at about 216-217.5 lbs and I finally broke the barrier and weighed at 214 this morning!!!

I did it by doing the egg fast for 2 days. The egg fast is where you eat nothing but eggs with added fat like butter or oil. I know it doesn't sound that appealing, but if you make your eggs differently for each meal, it really isn't that bad. Be sure and take your vitamins! Here's a sample menu:

Breakfast: 5 scrambled eggs

Lunch: 3 or 4 hard boiled eggs

Dinner: 4 fried eggs in canola oil (add onion powder to the eggs and they taste delicious!)

Snack: 1 hard boiled egg

I was actually up to 218.5 right before the fast, so with that counted I lost 4.5 lbs in 2 days!!!!!?

I am going to stick to the egg fast for one more day to ensure the weight stays off, then go back to induction.

Let me know if anyone else tries this...

Good luck all!

Katie
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-29-03, 16:31

Plan: HCG/LCHF
Stats: 224/201/190 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%

Congrats, katie!!! I donno if I could do all eggs.. but maybe if I get more desperate.. good on you that you could!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-13-03, 03:27

Plan: vegan low-carb
Stats: 252/252/199 Female 64.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

I'd probably want to barf by dinner time if I ate all those eggs! YUCK! I enjoy scrambled or devilled eggs every few days, or a mock danish, but this egg fast is just too much.

Glad it worked for you, tho! Congrats on breaking that g.d. stall--gggrrrrhhh--I hate those things!

N.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, May-14-03, 16:46

Plan: Atkins/fasting
Stats: 263/246/160 Female 67 inches
BF:39.9/29.7/21.9
Progress: 17%

I just wanted to second what Katie said. I did the eggfast for three days and lost 6 pounds. On the afternoon of the third day I became really naseated, and the thought of another egg I ended up eating just steak for dinner (no veggies or anything else), and I still lost 6 pounds. I am going to do the meatfast next, and if that works as well as this, I will try an egg/meatfast diet.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, May-14-03, 17:54
Registered Member

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 279/175.9/176 Male 180cm
BF:39.6%/22%/18%
Progress: 100%

Hi Katiegirl,
Did you really eat 12 - 14 eggs per day??????????????
Is that safe?
How many days should we stay on the eggfast?

It's now been about 2 weeks since you broke your stall, are you continuing to lose or after returning to your usual low carb menu?
Thank you.
Simon.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, May-15-03, 13:22

BF:

Simon,

Right after the egg fast I went through a move and everything I owned was packed up for 2 days, so I was living on atkins products for about 2 days. For me, when I eat those things it takes me STRAIGHT out of ketosis. But I still didn't gain the weight back from the egg fast and now being on induction I have lost an additional 2 lbs.

There are quite a few people who have had success with this. Check out this link:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...&threadid=98937

Yes I did eat that many eggs a day. Yes I do believe it is safe because eggs in themselves are very nutritious. They have almost everything you need to survive just inside that one egg when it comes to nutrition. If you aren't eating carbs with them, the cholesterol doesn't even matter (as you have hopefully read in the LC books)

I only ate what I wanted to feel full. Plus, if you add up the calories, you need to be eating at least 10 or so a day.

If you are stalled, give it a try. You will be surprised at how easy it is. But if you aren't stalled (no weight loss in 3 weeks or more) don't do it. Reason being you might be too sick of eggs to do it, and your body may not respond as well if you have done this too much before.

Good luck!

Katie
  #8   ^
Old Sat, May-17-03, 13:48

Plan: Atkins/Induction
Stats: 360/340/150
BF:66%/60%/27%
Progress: 10%
Is the book readily available?

Thanks for the post. It is 6weeks on Induction and 4 weeks with no loss since Induction, which was 15 lbs. People say my body is resting, but 4 weeks of rest at my weight seems a bit silly.