Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-07-07, 06:49
Registered Member

Plan: Aktins
Stats: 190/190/145 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress:
Default Help

I havent started excercising till yesterday.All the running around got me worn out.But yesterday I walked for 30 mins in front of tv to my favorite show.But later on I was extremly hungry and had cearel.
I'm going to store today and get some snacks.
I want to excercise but I dont want to blow carb intake.
I have lost from size 20 to a size 16.16 are alittle snug but I havent wore 16 in 4 years.i dont weight myself because I get addicted to weighting myself but when I go back to doc at the end of month I will know.
Can anyone suggest some low carb snacks for helping me with excercise.
Im also going to buy roast and make my own beef jerky,today.Im excited.
Any suggestions on what you eat before excercise or after,any hints!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-07-07, 07:33
Bouncy!

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 297/173.3/150 Female 5'7" (top weight 340)
BF:41%/31%/??%
Progress: 84%

Some people get hungry after working out. It's fairly normal. But just like when you are hungry for lunch, you don't choose cereal while low-carbing, you can't choose cereal for an after workout snack either! You don't need *special* workout snacks, just make sure you have lots of regular low-carb snacks on hand for after your workouts. Maybe save one of your meals or snacks to have specifically after a workout so you don't eat more than usual.

Val
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-07-07, 09:04
Registered Member

Plan: PP/Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 178/137/137 Female 5'6"
BF:28%
Progress: 100%

Exercising makes me hungrier, too. But I rarely snack, I just bump up the amount of food in my meals, if I need to.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, May-07-07, 10:27
Taking MY Turn

Plan: Intuitive Eating
Stats: 240/220.8/190 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 38%

Elizabet, how far along on Atkins are you? As long as you aren't doing induction, I can suggest some things I like...my absolute favorite is natural peanut butter. As a matter of fact, I had a tablespoon of it before leaving the house this morning to go to a yoga class. Otherwise I just eat good, LC foods such as leftover protein and cheese. The biggest thing, though, is drinking water. Hydration is SO important when you work out, but also to keep you from feeling falsely hungry or getting a headache too.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, May-08-07, 05:41
Registered Member

Plan: Aktins
Stats: 190/190/145 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress:

Every since I worked out I have fallen off wagon,maybe I feel so bad I ate cereal.That yesterday was blown too.And every since then I have had no energy.
thank you for all your support and advise.I know cereal is not good snack food lol.
Thats why I put my tail between my legs and posted.lol
Maybe I ll go to emotional eating now forum lol.