Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Aug-07-03, 05:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 136/131/119 Female 5ft 6.5"
BF:2Terrified to know
Progress:
Default Fat fast for 2 days - will I lose lbs?

Hi,

Ive got 2 days to go till my hols and I really really wanna drop a few pounds quick smart. Ive read up on the fat fast and although i dont think i'm metabolically resistant I wan to try this diet for a couple of days. Does anyone have any experience with it and does it work like it says? The only warning is that it makes you lose weight too fast if you're not metabolically resistant but I figure it cant be too bad if i just do it for a couple of days. Also, Ive read the suggested 200cal recommended "snacks". Does anyone have any other high fat (75-90%), lowish cal meals/snacks that I can eat if Im gonna do this? (I dont eat cheese)

Ta
Caroline
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Aug-07-03, 07:42

Stats: 140.0/121.5/125 Female 5'3
BF:going down!
Progress: 123%

Hello Caroline,

I am interested in this fat fast too. Can you tell me what the meals and water consuption is for the whole day on this? Or the rutine you will be following. I would like to try this out for a day or so to jump start me as well.
Low Cal snacks on of my fav's is:
Celery with a slight bit of cream cheese on it.
also cubumbers sliced with a dash of vinigar and splenda then stick it in the fridge to chill. On a hot summer night its quite refreshing!

Please let me know about this fat fast.
Thanks.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Aug-07-03, 07:53

Plan: Atkins / Curves
Stats: 182.0/182.0/150 Female 5'6"
BF:27.2
Progress: 0%

The fat fast will leave you quite hungry, it's only 1000 calories a day,consisting of 5 - 200 cal. meals, i.e. brie cheese, devilled eggs, cream cheese, etc. If you want to lose fast, try this, at least you get lots of protein http://www.lowcarb.org/stillman.html
My feeling is though, once you do something else, then go back to Atkins, you take the chance of gaining a bit back.

Vikki
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Aug-07-03, 09:15

Stats: 148/148/126 Female 5 feet 5
BF:
Progress: 0%

hiya caroline!
naughty i know but i too did the fat fast before i went away in july! - i lose a pound a day on the fat fast...remember to drink lots of water and expect to be a bit hungry...oh the sacrifices we have to make to be beautiful!!!
ax
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Aug-07-03, 09:39

Stats: 136/131/119 Female 5ft 6.5"
BF:2Terrified to know
Progress:

The steps say to basically eat mostly fat. They say to begin with five 200 calorie feedings per day and follow for 4 or 5 days max.

These are the Examples Atkins gives:

• 1 ounce (28g) of macadamia nuts or macadamia butter
• 2 ounces (56g) of cream cheese or Brie
• 1 ounce of tuna or chicken salad with 2 teaspoons of mayonaise served in one-quarter of an avocado
• 2 devilled eggs made with 2 teaspoons of mayo
• 2 ounces of sour cream with 2 tablespoons of black or red caviar
• 2 and a half ounces whipped heavy cream topped with sucralose zero-calorie syrup
• 2 ounces of paté (check label for fat content)
• 2 egg yolks (hard boiled) with 1 teaspoon of may.

Most of the above wouldnt appeal to me except the eggs, cream, nuts and pate. Ive had 1 ounce of paté for brekkie and I had a tuna and egg mayo salad for lunch. Ive since had a snack of peanuts (couldnt get macadamia easy enough). I am fairly hungry but by my calculations I still have another helping of paté allowed so hopefully that'll keep me goin. Its a sad state to let myself get in 2 days before the hols but oh well, here's hoping it works!

Let me know if anyone has any other high fat, low cal suggestions!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Aug-07-03, 10:09

Stats: 187/157/140 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 64%
Smile

Glad to see I'm not alone here! I just started the fat fast today (got a big trip coming up next week). I was a bit worried about doing it, since I'm not metabolically resistant.

Do you think it would be ok for me to continue exercising while doing the fat fast? I plan to do lighter exercises, maybe some ab work and walk for about a mile.

Please keep us updated with your results. . .

-A
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Aug-07-03, 10:43
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 155/130/130 Female 71 inches
BF:
Progress:

My husband and I did the fat fast. But we used the book as a guide but created our own version. We did not follow any kind of calorie guide line. We ate til we were comfortable even if it meant eating 1500-1700 calories a day and at least 70 % were from fat. We followed strict induction while doing it and elimanated all sugar substitutes, nothing that had even a smidgen of caffine in it and used mayo only as a salad dressing. We did play around with carb counts for a short time to see how that affected our weight loss and we both did our best at under 10 carbs and that was from vegetables only twice a day. We did quite well with the fat fast and only did it for 10 days. Now we do it just to get past a stall. The carbs we ate while on the fat fast are raised back up when we are done with the fast. We still eat high fat as best we can everyday just not a high as the fat fast and stalls are far and few between now.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Aug-07-03, 11:01

Plan: atkins
Stats: 122/118/108 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress:
Default fat fast

I'm in the middle of doing the fat fast for the second time. First time went strictly by DANDR suggestions. You definitely have to gradually come off the fast into induction for about two weeks. I broke a 6 month stall for me, lost 4 lbs. I'm very close to my goal weight. It was extremely tough to exercise the first time due to low energy. This time not as bad. I also incorporated walnuts as a substitute or with macadamia nuts and also substituted fresh lump crab instead of chicken for a change. I have found all the fake sugars put me in stall mode quick! I found a recipe maybe here that was a pretty good sub. 2 oz. cream ch. melt in micro. 20 seconds, whip in 1 egg, and some cinnamon and 1/8 tsp. of maple flavoring or whatever you may like and micro. again for 50 seconds, whip again and ta da a custard-type desert. Good luck and be very careful!