Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-11-04, 06:22

Plan: "Toss-The-Scale"
Stats: 153/???/125 Female 64
BF:enough/to/share
Progress: 25%
Default how long to wear off?

Hello all.

I have been doing a pretty gtood job of staying on target on my lc plan. unfortunately, i haven't lost a single pound in nearly 6 weeks. i have experimented and swapped around just about everything in my diet (no artificial sweetner, no caffeine, less dairy...), and i have been excercizing regularly. but the tape measure concurs with the scale and shows me that not only am i not loosing wieght, but that it's not gain of muscle mass either as my clothes fit exactly the same.

so here's the question:
after being on a litany of anti-depressants for a decade, i have stopped them all as of last month. I have also managed to control a 4 year affair with bulimia, and again, it's only been a month now. finally, i have also gone off my birth control pills, and once again, it's only been a month.

my question is whether the repercussions from any one of these meds or bulimia could last beyond the last day of my taking the meds or purging? does my body need longer than a month to recover a lost metabolism? is there any hope?

desperately looking for a bright light,
cat-magnet
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Mar-11-04, 15:42

Plan: My own, post Atkins
Stats: 180/131/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 123%

You sound a lot like me (i like the arm tattoo- i'm looking forward to a scarab backpiece being done in a coupla weeks, yay!)
I was on wellbutrin, and have been trying to control the bulimia for about 7 years...Anyway, i think it takes a while for the body to learn to be healthy on its own (just my opinion). It always takes me a while to lose the weight after a long time being unhealthy (getting real skinny with an eating disorder...) I gained about 35 pounds last year cuz i stopped bulimia, and started weight training really intensely. So i gained a lot of muscle (along with the fat). I think because of the added muscle i'm losing better now, and am definitely healthier than i've EVER been. But the losing is slow, and sometimes i think it's not happening. But it IS (i hardly ever weigh myself; BAD).
It will happen, our bodies are really amazingly resilient, with all the crap we put them through.
Just give it some time and DON'T GIVE IN to the eating disorder!!!! I know how hard it is, and how terrible it feels.
You WILL do it!!!!!